Change with AQ Sky suites

dkjretired

A few weeks ago I did a phantom booking on the Beyond trying to put three people in an AQ Suite.  I was unable to do so with the booking saying like other AQ cabins it was limited to two people. I made a comment on Cruise Critic to that effect. Today, I noticed under the amenities  that the description of the AQ suite cabins said they sleep up to four.   Did another phantom booking and now you can book three or four people.  May cause more kids in Blu, some will not like that.

Aqua Sky Suites on the Beyond have Luminae as their dining room.  Just like others booked in suites they can dine in Blu on a space available basis.

What Aqua Sky Suites get vs other SS is access to the Sea Thermal Suite, free fitness classes, some discounts on spa services and a few marketing fluff items.

46 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Aqua Sky Suites on the Beyond have Luminae as their dining room.  Just like others booked in suites they can dine in Blu on a space available basis.

What Aqua Sky Suites get vs other SS is access to the Sea Thermal Suite, free fitness classes, some discounts on spa services and a few marketing fluff items.

I'm aware of that, was just passing on the info about the three or four people.   This change will mean more kids in Luminae and Blu.

The new Aqua Class Retreat suites are just former S2 sky suites on deck 10  with not more space than the other S1 SS but they cost about  $1200pp more on our 12 night Apex cruise than our S1 SS, which is a lot for just being able to use the thermal suites.  For $200pp more you can book a Celebrity Suite on our cruise. It does say that the cabin is for 2 to 4 guests.

I think this is just a gimmick to get more revenue for a SS by Celebrity. On our 2023 Apex cruise about 60% of the S1 Sky Suites are currently booked while none of the Aqua Sky suites are booked. When Celebrity sees no one is really interested in this new class of suites I bet they will get converted back to S1 Sky suites or drop the pricing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

The new Aqua Class Retreat suites are just former S2 sky suites on deck 10  with not more space than the other S1 SS but they cost about  $1200pp more on our 12 night Apex cruise than our S1 SS, which is a lot for just being able to use the thermal suites.  For $200pp more you can book a Celebrity Suite on our cruise. It does say that the cabin is for 2 to 4 guests.

I think this is just a gimmick to get more revenue for a SS by Celebrity. On our 2023 Apex cruise about 60% of the S1 Sky Suites are currently booked while none of the Aqua Sky suites are booked. When Celebrity sees no one is really interested in this new class of suites I bet they will get converted back to S1 Sky suites or drop the pricing.

I was wondering why they did them again, they did them when the reflection was introduced and then in a couple years reverted them back to sky suites.

How many of these hybrid suites will there be on BEYOND?

Does anyone know the  dining capacity for Luminae and BLU..?

We have a short cruise booked for 2022 in a Sky Suite.

A day pass to the spa might be nice..but I do not see great value in the current pricing for the AQ Class Suites..Most cruisers are too busy to go as much as they think they will.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

How many of these hybrid suites will there be on BEYOND?

Does anyone know the  dining capacity for Luminae and BLU..?

We have a short cruise booked for 2022 in a Sky Suite.

A day pass to the spa might be nice..but I do not see great value in the current pricing for the AQ Class Suites..Most cruisers are too busy to go as much as they think they will.

Since the Aqua Class suites are just renamed and repriced S2 Sky Suites, there should be no more load for the Luminae and they still can only eat in Blu if there is room like anyone else in the Retreat. On the Edge and  Apex there are only 16 of these Aqua Class suites, the Beyond has 20.

41 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Time will certainly tell whether these "return suites" are money makers...Hopefully The Retreat areas on Beyond will be improves spaces, as the photos indicate.  TBD  

I know one big change is the location of the Luminae from the Edge and Apex locations on deck12 Port side forward. On the Beyond the Luminae is located on deck 15 on the very forward part of the ship with nice views of the ocean in front of the ship. This is a big improvement.