First Neptune. Are we expected to tip the Lounge concierge(s)?

MogeyMan

42 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

One "feature" that I recall that was mentioned was a "water feature" in the suite.  If it worked as poorly as the water fixture in the Thermal Suites, there would be no such "water fixture".  

Not quite sure what water feature you are referring to but here was my summary of the Spa Neptune shower.  Sorry I can’t post the link but CC isn’t working properly for me at the moment.

349B468D-897A-44B2-976F-0E0D761873A4.jpeg

• Haha 1

The "water feature" that I remember reading about was some type of a "fountain", that I assumed that was like what had been installed in the Thermal Suites (that initially worked and then--on later cruises--never did) and was supposed to provide (I assume) a "calming type of noise" in the suite.  

9 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The "water feature" that I remember reading about was some type of a "fountain", that I assumed that was like what had been installed in the Thermal Suites (that initially worked and then--on later cruises--never did) and was supposed to provide (I assume) a "calming type of noise" in the suite.  

Oh. No, never saw one of those.

• Thanks 1

@vennDia @Ferry_Watcher  @Sharon in AZ

Well. I finally fired up my Windows machine. Thank you all for your patience. 

The handwriting contains notes. The most important information is that the said they used Birds Eye custard for the Custard Pudding. (Maybe other brands would work just as well.....) The other notes reflect answers to problems i was having at the time with yeast doughs. (I got to actually touch the dough (they were not going to use it to bake, which actually helped me see what the goal was and where i was missing the boat, so to speak.) 

I like to make these with Vietnamese Cinnamon. 

JMHO: These demonstrations and recipes from HAL are one of the best arguments for having the staff do the demonstrations, and where I think they really strayed from being themselves with ATK.  They were uniquely HAL, not some other brand.  And the foods and recipes were HAL. 

Cinnamon Rolls.pdf

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3