LIVE FROM Enchanted Princess Inaugural Caribbean with Curaçao 11/10/2021

Mo Jito

Any feedback on the singer/piano player in Crooners.   I assume they will be on for the next few sailings and we often enjoy the late evening entertainment at Crooners, but style vary between various musicians. How is Crooners seating and layout on Enchanted? Thanks.

9 hours ago, Rebels82 said:

Masks are not mandatory on Oceania.

8 hours ago, loge23 said:

Nor are they on Celebrity. 

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Wish I could afford them.

@Steelers36 NCL also do not require masks, and like Princess are 100% vaccinated with no exemptions.  Celebrity are sailing 95% vaccinated with limited exemptions for children.  As another poster stated there are some deals on Oceania right now if you go bare bones w/o the O'Life amenities and air.

My point is - even if you are a Princess loyalist, there are currently options on other cruise lines, with no masking requirements, at various price points.  You could always stray from Princess for a short time and retunr to the fold when things return to more "normal" sailing conditions :)

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

@Mo Jito Now that your cruise is coming to an end; wondering what your favorite thing(s) are on this ship? Sailing on Regal next week and would love to jump on a cruise on this new ship. Love getting on a ship while it is still new although I know they are still working on some kinks!

Enchanted May be different from Regal, but some of my favorite things about the ship are:

Wake View Bar - some nicely positioned seating that allows you to gaze out at the wake, and a sunset if the timing is right, while enjoying a delicious drink. 

Gigi’s al fresco dining - I don’t think this is available on Regal, but it was great. And the pizza is delicious! Bistro Sur la Mer also has the al fresco dining.

Larger piazza than Grand Class - plenty of seating (of course, the fact that we had fewer than 1,000 passengers helped with the seating,)

Variety  of lounges - we mostly frequented Princess Live because we enjoy the trivia and game shows, but Take Five, Vista, Crown Grill Bar and Crooners are all beautiful and offer different atmospheres to suit different tastes.

Better showers than Grand Class - more spacious with adjustable handheld shower head and built in ledge for holding shampoo and such.

Photographs in passenger deck hallways - this may have started with Sky, but it is very cool to see pictures from different destinations as you walk down the hall. Aloha Deck has pictures from South American ports; other decks feature different regions.

Lots of hot tubs and loungers on deck 18 above the retreat pool. We didn’t end up hanging out here, but it was very inviting. 

hopefully others will be able to chime in with their favorite things!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ekka49 said:

We just loved Curacao. 

Would visit again in a heart beat

May I ask what you (or enyone else)  did there? We have never been to  Curacao and its the one island where I am still working out what to do.... excursion or just walk around. We have a long day there with not departing til 10pm.  Thanks. 

Realizing food/dining is very subjective. I am interested in hearing thoughts from anyone who was on Enchanted about the dining on board, aside from the MDR. How was the MarketPlace/buffet for breakfast/dinner? Crown Grill or Sabatinis?  Pool deck grill? Gigis?  International Cafe (my favorite)?  We rarely eat in the MDR for breakfast and lunch and maybe only half of the nights for dinner, so love to hear about the other locations!

Edited by Buckeye10640

On 11/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, DHP1 said:

For you International travellers, would you please provide the process of getting tested prior to your flight home. Secondly, how long does it take to get your test results. Princess indicated that you get tested after you collect your luggage. There is an area set aside for testing at the Port. 

Any detail information would be much appreciated.

Thank you

I am travelling back to Canada and can report back the process now. Princess outsourced the Covid testing to DocGo, they had a table setup right outside the terminal. No lineup when I did the test, and it took 3-5 min to register for the test. If there are more international travellers on your cruise, it may take a while.

DocGo asked for an email address to send the results, and gave you an email address to followup if you don't get it after 2 hours. You're free to go after they swap your nose, no need to wait at the terminal for the results.

I got my results after 2 hrs and 15 min. It was a nerve wrecking wait after 1.5 hours as Air Transat won't allow me to check-in without the test results, and my flight was at 1:30.

I was sent a link to the DocGo website to retrieve the results. It had my name and DOB. No passport number. Oh, and it was a rapid pcr test.

That's all I can think of, let me know if you have any other questions.

16 minutes ago, kikiw said:

I am travelling back to Canada and can report back the process now. Princess outsourced the Covid testing to DocGo, they had a table setup right outside the terminal. No lineup when I did the test, and it took 3-5 min to register for the test. If there are more international travellers on your cruise, it may take a while.

DocGo asked for an email address to send the results, and gave you an email address to followup if you don't get it after 2 hours. You're free to go after they swap your nose, no need to wait at the terminal for the results.

I got my results after 2 hrs and 15 min. It was a nerve wrecking wait after 1.5 hours as Air Transat won't allow me to check-in without the test results, and my flight was at 1:30.

I was sent a link to the DocGo website to retrieve the results. It had my name and DOB. No passport number. Oh, and it was a rapid pcr test.

Thank you. We’re planning on getting off the boat as soon as they dock (walk off) and get tested. 

5 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Realizing food/dining is very subjective. I am interested in hearing thoughts from anyone who was on Enchanted about the dining on board, aside from the MDR. How was the MarketPlace/buffet for breakfast/dinner? Crown Grill or Sabatinis?  Pool deck grill? Gigis?  International Cafe (my favorite)?  We rarely eat in the MDR for breakfast and lunch and maybe only half of the nights for dinner, so love to hear about the other locations!

Breakfast at the buffet was so-so. Most of the food was only warm and the waffles, hash browns were hard when I ate around 930. Most likely because we had so little passengers... not many people eating at the buffets. It was also the same food every day, it got boring after a few days. 

Service was impeccable! 

2 hours ago, kikiw said:

The timing is not good at all.  Were they short-staffed that day?  The service level promise was supposed to be results within ONE hour.  I can see a follow-up contact if late makes sense.  2.5 hours is much longer than was promised.  Hope we hear more real-world stats on this since that could really affect some folks expecting to fly.

40 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Hope we hear more real-world stats on this since that could really affect some folks expecting to fly.

Normally I fly back to Canada on disembarkment day with Air Transat.  For this March, I decided to stay over 1 night if we need a PCR testing.  Our Sunday flight is at 11:40am (only 1 flight a day), we would have missed our flight.

5 minutes ago, phabric said:

Normally I fly back to Canada on disembarkment day with Air Transat.  For this March, I decided to stay over 1 night if we need a PCR testing.  Our Sunday flight is at 11:40am (only 1 flight a day), we would have missed our flight.

Not necessarily as the other poster didn't seem to get off the ship very early since they mentioned having breakfast around 9:30am (very late for disembarkation morning).  Since you can depart the ship shortly after 6am (big sisters) or 7am (mid-size sisters) in PE, a prompt disembark will get you an early test and early results.  As you know, the airport is only 10-15 mins away. 

If anyone on this thread is doing the B2B I'd be very interested in hearing your experiences with the "turnaround: today; especially the disembarkation/customs procedure and timing, and how the Covid testing was handled.  It's been great following everyone this week, and hoping you all continue to have a great time. Thanks for any info. 👍

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

what time does the testing center open ?

Good question.

I seem to vaguely recall someone mentioning the time for a west coast cruise.  IDK about PE.

13 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

If anyone on this thread is doing the B2B I'd be very interested in hearing your experiences with the "turnaround: today; especially the disembarkation/customs procedure and timing, and how the Covid testing was handled.  It's been great following everyone this week, and hoping you all continue to have a great time. Thanks for any info. 👍

Yes, hope to read some details with both turnaround day and for folks needing onward travel Covid test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Not necessarily as the other poster didn't seem to get off the ship very early since they mentioned having breakfast around 9:30am (very late for disembarkation morning).  Since you can depart the ship shortly after 6am (big sisters) or 7am (mid-size sisters) in PE, a prompt disembark will get you an early test and early results.  As you know, the airport is only 10-15 mins away. 

No, 930 was my normal cruise breakfast time. Today I got off the ship at 8ish and was out the terminal by 830.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phabric said:

Yea, luckily Air Transat delayed our flight to 1:30 or we would've missed our flight too.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The timing is not good at all.  Were they short-staffed that day?  The service level promise was supposed to be results within ONE hour.  I can see a follow-up contact if late makes sense.  2.5 hours is much longer than was promised.  Hope we hear more real-world stats on this since that could really affect some folks expecting to fly.

There's two people with laptops (but only one "working") and about 4 or 5 health workers waiting to swap your nose. The bottleneck would be the people checking you in.

• Thanks 1