Symphony Central park balcony?

We normally get an inside room and was considering he central park balcony. It looks like the bottom floor of central park is deck 8. Should I go with deck 9,10 or 11? I like the "bird noises" and like the idea of our wet stuff hanging ont he balcony and recognize that it isn't private and we can see the neighbors and there is no water view.

Any thoughts?

Jenn

Deck 9 doesn't have CP balconies, just CP window views.  The balconies start on deck 10.  I'd recommend avoiding the highest decks for CP balconies because you do start to get a fair bit of pool deck sounds during the day.  

I prefer deck 10 CP balconies so I'm closer to the action for people watching or enjoying the live musicians typically found early evenings in CP.  From deck 10 it's easy to drop down two flights of stairs and be walking through CP.  

The CP balconies on the aft end of the living wall are double width balconies (same cabin size inside).  The XX229 or XX629 cabins.  i.e. 10229, 10629, 11229, 11629, etc.  

If you see one of those open consider grabbing it before someone else does.  These are in the vicinity of the Trellis Bar so if you want to be able to see the musicians in the central area look for a cabin further forward.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

my DD and I have sailed in CP balconies on all four Oasis Class ships.  We love them!  I agree that deck 10 is more interesting if you enjoy people watching, but you're going to get pool noise, even that low.  We're on Symphony right now, and have just come in from sitting out on the balcony for an hour before bed.

We didn't like the CP balcony cabins. We could see into the cabins opposite and they could see into ours, especially when it was dark and so you'd have to keep the curtains closed. The cabin directly opposite had the bed near the balcony door and we saw sights on a couple of occasions that we wish we hadn't! Our bed was also next to the balcony door and normally don't like to shut bedroom curtains but we did on this sailing. 

Edited by Mim Lloyd
  • Like 1

Anytime we are on an Oasis class  we book CP Deck 10 - 12 balcony.

RCI stop some of the perks for CP. However, we still enjoy watching deck 8 activity, lights and seeing something other than dark sky w/sea.

In fact, we are on the Oasis B2B in Feb and May 2022.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Deck 9 doesn't have CP balconies, just CP window views.  The balconies start on deck 10.  I'd recommend avoiding the highest decks for CP balconies because you do start to get a fair bit of pool deck sounds during the day.  

I prefer deck 10 CP balconies so I'm closer to the action for people watching or enjoying the live musicians typically found early evenings in CP.  From deck 10 it's easy to drop down two flights of stairs and be walking through CP.  

The CP balconies on the aft end of the living wall are double width balconies (same cabin size inside).  The XX229 or XX629 cabins.  i.e. 10229, 10629, 11229, 11629, etc.  

If you see one of those open consider grabbing it before someone else does.  These are in the vicinity of the Trellis Bar so if you want to be able to see the musicians in the central area look for a cabin further forward.

We'll be there Sunday on Harmony 

IMAG7174.thumb.jpg.9e98a3e37959f46611a87b1a9f55e574.jpg

IMAG7176.thumb.jpg.491c4e6e1224579e5d98ee05f6069dde.jpg