Carnival Cruise Line has extend there pause in operations (March 2022).

Very disappointed to get an email from Carnival advising my March 4th cruise has been cancelled. Was hoping to spend four days with my beautiful daughter from WA to celebrate her birthday on March 4th. 😢😢😢😢. Will rollover for FCC and extra OBC. Now have two cruises rolled over and one still booked for November 2022. 

I have just gone into the Carnival site to see what was happening with my 8th March cruise to the Islands.

Well they have changed it to along the Great Barrier Reef shouting to Willis Island on the way back.

I thought I had got in a muddle as the reference number was not the same either so asked my TA   He says he checked and yes they had changed the itinerary but had not advised them at all.

Not worried at all as a cruise is a cruise   Just wondered  If we do not set foot on foreign soil do we need a passport or will a Medicare card do

32 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I have just gone into the Carnival site to see what was happening with my 8th March cruise to the Islands.

Well they have changed it to along the Great Barrier Reef shouting to Willis Island on the way back.

I thought I had got in a muddle as the reference number was not the same either so asked my TA   He says he checked and yes they had changed the itinerary but had not advised them at all.

Not worried at all as a cruise is a cruise   Just wondered  If we do not set foot on foreign soil do we need a passport or will a Medicare card do

I think you'll need some sort of Photo Id, not just a Medicare card. I'm fairly certain we just used our drivers licences when we did a Tasmania cruise from Sydney on Princess.

29 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Just wondered  If we do not set foot on foreign soil do we need a passport or will a Medicare card do

For Queensland cruises from Sydney I've used my drivers license or that government issued photo ID card that you can get from Service NSW.

I not to sure about the medicare card as it does not have your photo on it, hopefully someone else can help you with this. I'm sure somebody here must have cruised with grandkids not old enough for a drivers license. 🙂

37 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I have done the Willis Island GBR cruise, and did not need a passport, drivers licence sufficed. You will be able to buy duty free onboard, as it makes a technical stop (drops anchor) to get duty free status.

Edited by By The Bay

I think the strange thing about these Cancellations Where. 

The last dated cruises, the 4th Splendor & 6th Spirit, where Carnivals 50th Anniversary cruises. Celebrating 50 years. The very next ones are still ok,

At the moment.. 

Being a Loyal Carnival Cruiser, I was hoping for something special on these cruises.😥😥

#WEWILLBEBACK.👍❤️🚢

11 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

I think the strange thing about these Cancellations Where. 

The last dated cruises, the 4th Splendor & 6th Spirit, where Carnivals 50th Anniversary cruises. Celebrating 50 years. The very next ones are still ok,

At the moment.. 

Being a Loyal Carnival Cruiser, I was hoping for something special on these cruises.😥😥

#WEWILLBEBACK.👍❤️🚢

It would be nice if because of the cancellations and the anniversary they do something special on our cruise   fingers getting tired of being crossed

On 11/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, windsor26 said:

Thank you everyone  Good to know what is accepted  I can use our drivers licences as well   Don't want to use passport as we have UK ones and they may be nasty about us 'leaving' and returning' 

Your passport would be used purely for identification purposes and is faster, easier to process for the check in agent as it can just be swiped into the system. There is   no  Border Force   at the terminal for a “ coastal” cruise, coming or going so no problem using your passport.
Other forms of ID must be govt issue photo ID except for minors where Medicare card can be used .

• Like 3