Skyride

Joebucks

• 1 year later...

This will be our first time on a Carnival ship and I'm thinking about doing the SkyRide, but I'm curious as to how much effort is required to get around the track.

I'm not in very good shape, but I can jog short distances and speed walk longer. I really want to try this ride. I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it. How was your experience?

14 minutes ago, TexasTrini said:

This will be our first time on a Carnival ship and I'm thinking about doing the SkyRide, but I'm curious as to how much effort is required to get around the track.

I'm not in very good shape, but I can jog short distances and speed walk longer. I really want to try this ride. I'd like to hear from anyone who has tried it. How was your experience?

If you can do all that, you'll be fine.  It was much easier than riding a normal bike and glided very well.  

21 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Can't wait to try it on our upcoming Vista cruise.  I am recovering from back surgery so I am interested in how hard it is to peddle.  

If you are recovering from back surgery not sure you should ride it.  It's not hard really, but you are still going to be putting stain on your back, that could be sketchy.  Your call though.

It is like riding a sitting stationary bike.  Some force is needed to peddle, but not an excessive amount because it glides on the track pretty good.  When you hit a dip, you can stop peddling and glide a bit too.  The uphill parts are a little harder.

13 hours ago, TexasTrini said:

I was curious about the effort myself but gave it a try on Panorama and it was quite easy and safe.

Edited by Wennfred

We went on sky ride as soon as we boarded Horizon.  No one was there.  They let us go around 3x, then someone showed up and we got off.  We also went on again during one of the port days - empty again. It was not strenuous at all. (and I have a pacemaker!).  You must have closed shoes (no sandals or flip-flops) and a shirt to ride, and they do weigh you to make sure you are within the weight limit.

• Like 1