Mardi Gras Alchemy

naxer

Alchemy has usually been my evening hang out, and I always receive the olives, cheese, & whatnot snacks.  Are they doing those at the Alchemy Bar on the Mardi Gras these days?  I'm also looking forward to trying out the Brass Magnolia, Fortune Teller and the bars in Grand Central.

22 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

They actually give you a snack tray here???

Well, not just anyone. (😀)

They see me coming and they get it out.  Besides being an Alchemy bar fly, I also tip on top of my cheers. I've always found the bar staff exceptional, and sincerely have a good time hanging out with them and the other regulars.  In a way, you can say that the Alchemy is what hooked me on Carnival.

38 minutes ago, naxer said:

Thanks.  Watching videos, I'm going to be torn between Alchemy and  Fortune Teller.  

Fortune Teller has some interesting drinks. I didn't really like the ones I had there. Brass Magnolia is where I would've liked to have spent more time.

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Fortune Teller has some interesting drinks. I didn't really like the ones I had there. Brass Magnolia is where I would've liked to have spent more time.

Yeah, I was wondering.  Looking at the menus, there were a few Fortune Teller drinks I wanted to try, but, hey, if the staff at Alchemy finds me my drink, usually gin based...  Brass Magnolia really looks like a place I would want to hang out, not the least of which due to the music, but their drink menu seems heavy on the rye.  At home, I mostly drink rye, but I don't drink that much at home.  On a cruise, I keep to gin and vodka and some tequila--that lets me get my money's worth from Cheers.  

Edited by naxer

Has anyone that went to Fortune Teller been able to order a drink that was not on the menu?  My normal drink is a cosmo and I have been able to get it at any bar before, including at Brass Magnolia.  I was told at Fortune Teller that you have do order off their menu.  Most of the drinks at Fortune Teller are too sweet. I did order a Chrystal Ball and it was fun, but way too sweet.      

On 11/15/2021 at 3:26 PM, RoperDK said:

Has anyone that went to Fortune Teller been able to order a drink that was not on the menu?  My normal drink is a cosmo and I have been able to get it at any bar before, including at Brass Magnolia.  I was told at Fortune Teller that you have do order off their menu.  Most of the drinks at Fortune Teller are too sweet. I did order a Chrystal Ball and it was fun, but way too sweet.      

I felt the same way about golden galaxy. It was like sweet on sweet.

• Like 1