Live review Divina 11/14-11/21

styles27

52 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

12/11 on Seashore.

I think I would call and ask to switch it. We went to the future cruise person to see about booking Seashore for right after Christmas and from what she said they’re selling a lot of rooms for December and January but that could have just been a line to get us to book. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I think I would call and ask to switch it. We went to the future cruise person to see about booking Seashore for right after Christmas and from what she said they’re selling a lot of rooms for December and January but that could have just been a line to get us to book. 

Thank you!  I'll call. Mid December is our favorite time to sail as it's before the Holiday crowds.  Plus Seashore will have a few voyages under her belt down here.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, quattrohead said:

They are only doing one early seating on this cruise and 7:45 Showtime because there are not enough people for 2 seatings. I'm hearing for 470-600 on this Cruise so the ship is about 1/6 full and they are expecting 2,000 for next week. Again only hearsay

I didn’t know that they weren’t having a late dinner seating this cruise. I wonder where everyone is eating because there are a lot of empty tables near where our table is. Butchers cut last night only about 8 tables at 6:30 seating. Maybe people are eating at the buffet?

The main show tonight was really good. As was the Romeo & Juliet game, which was very funny. 

Our waiter made me this vase of “flowers” and a bunch of them sang to me tonight for my birthday since we didn’t see him last night. 

Dinner in MDR was very good. NY sirloin cooked perfectly Med rare, lobster ravioli and so many good desserts he brought me a few lol 

B6A7C8C9-5176-4D82-B1CA-A2AC1AAF6235.jpeg

• Like 3

Last night’s dinner. The NY sirloin was on the reg menu, no extra charge because it was “elegant” night (the daily program said casual)

We dressed elegant and a handful of others did as well. 

Photographers around the ship are really desperate for willing subjects to take their picture. We’ve done it a few nights. 

The theme nights so far were 70’s on Tuesday night (flower party), elegant menu (but not necessarily a dress up fancy night) last night (1st sea day) tonight is “white” night. 

4631EA50-E315-4A72-9B6C-42A78980EB44.jpeg

AF6BFDC6-9706-45B7-9D3A-7C6EDE8DDE89.jpeg

7C618C2B-D28B-4579-A1FA-01A7BA8EF0D2.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

Last night’s dinner. The NY sirloin was on the reg menu, no extra charge because it was “elegant” night (the daily program said casual)

We dressed elegant and a handful of others did as well. 

Photographers around the ship are really desperate for willing subjects to take their picture. We’ve done it a few nights. 

The theme nights so far were 70’s on Tuesday night (flower party), elegant menu (but not necessarily a dress up fancy night) last night (1st sea day) tonight is “white” night. 

4631EA50-E315-4A72-9B6C-42A78980EB44.jpeg

AF6BFDC6-9706-45B7-9D3A-7C6EDE8DDE89.jpeg

7C618C2B-D28B-4579-A1FA-01A7BA8EF0D2.jpeg

How did you know to dress elegant if not noted on the daily program? Don't want to dress up the wrong night.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nautica34 said:

How did you know to dress elegant if not noted on the daily program? Don't want to dress up the wrong night.

The waiters in the breakfast buffet mentioned it to us. 
We had decided to dress formal our two sea days anyway because I like to get dressed up. (Well I had decided and I pack so DH goes along with it) lol
DH wore a suit and dress shirt but no tie even though I packed a few  🙄

I dress up every night in either a cocktail dress or a “night club” type jumpsuit but I’m definitely in the minority on this cruise.   I can tell the staff appreciates it and are very complimentary when they see people dressed up. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

We found out from the photogs, apparently they are not allowed to advertise it because dressing up spreads disease now LOL. We have special t-shirts for Italian nights let's see who gets them.

Pam and I dressed up!

A75F9204-173D-4AF6-BACC-9F9A23223D37.thumb.jpeg.7eae56589225b242424656959b3de266.jpeg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, styles27 said:

Nice! Pretty sure I saw you guys in the atrium tonight for the Ed Sheehan tribute!

Wish I had seen this I would have made a point to say hello!

Yes we were there!  Chris is so talented!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I’m a little behind on posting (our WiFi has been sketchy) 

Sea day today, so hoping I can post. 

Yesterday I noticed that Divina and Meraviglia are in the yellow status on cdc site. Skipped right over orange to yellow.

I’ll try to find out what’s going on today. 
https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

5D34D687-F348-4ECE-ACD3-386E45148E6B.png

Captain just announced that we have to do a medical evacuation in Key West. Positive thoughts for the passenger who is ill

Choppy seas today so I’m assuming they couldn’t airlift safely. Will be met by a ship. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, styles27 said:

a medical evacuation

Once experienced a medical evacuation at sea from the Eurodam off the Norwegian coast.  A helicopter was used; the forward areas of the ship were evacuated; guests were told to return to their staterooms or go to the rear public rooms.  The Bridge camera allowed us to see part of what was taking place.  Our veranda stateroom was on the side of the ship were the helicopter approached and departed.  Quite an interesting experience to watch.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Can you let us know if your final bill comes across in foreign currency?

Also, did they charge you sales tax on drinks where you were in any ports or the homeport?

It’s in US currency on the statement 

No sales tax on drinks at all. (We have easyplus)

This is what our statement looks like 

70CD4C77-67EF-4C6B-8A08-F1F7B9E42E36.jpeg

9 hours ago, styles27 said:

It’s in US currency on the statement 

No sales tax on drinks at all. (We have easyplus)

This is what our statement looks like 

70CD4C77-67EF-4C6B-8A08-F1F7B9E42E36.jpeg

Thanks! Some have said it posts to the credit card in Euros and could result in foreign currency charges by cc. 

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Thanks! Some have said it posts to the credit card in Euros and could result in foreign currency charges by cc. 

So far it hasn’t posted to our cc. The $250 hold they placed at check in on 11/14 just posted today (in US currency and just says MSC Divina Port Canaveral, FL) Not sure why that took a week to show up. 

So this is the first time today I have been able to post on here. I was blaming the WiFi on board the ship but clearly it’s a problem with the cruise critic site. 

I couldn’t “like” or quote posts and it kept asking me to sign in or register even though I could see my profile picture in the above right corner. 

Finally after clearing cache in safari the third time it finally worked.

This morning we did express walk off and we were able to get off the ship at 7:18 am. There were very few people getting off at that time and no need to show our passports as they did facial recognition at immigration. 
Cruise director announced at the show last night that half of the 490 pax were staying on for the next cruise. 

The crew was excited that they were expecting 2000 this week. Although we loved having the ship practically to ourselves I did feel sorry for the musicians that were sometimes playing to an empty lounge. 

Even though I said I wouldn’t book our winter cruise with MSC I’m already looking for something in January. It’s hard not to fall in love with the crew once on board. I guess I’m willing to put up with the “quirks”  before boarding the ship because the onboard experience is so good. 
We didn’t run into one crew member that wasn’t polite and accommodating at every level of service. 

I will post the rest of the programs and menus tomorrow. 

These two gentlemen kept us very well fed and hydrated in the MDR.  Without asking they would bring us extra apps or entrees when they noticed we really liked a particular item. Also they made my birthday so special I’ll never forget them.

Alvin our server is on the left and on the right is Drake his assistant. If you’re lucky enough to be in their section please tell them “MrJohn” and “Miss Debra” say hello!

8A86463C-7707-4F21-BB30-C7A034D17169.jpeg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, styles27 said:

So far it hasn’t posted to our cc. The $250 hold they placed at check in on 11/14 just posted today (in US currency and just says MSC Divina Port Canaveral, FL) Not sure why that took a week to show up. 

So this is the first time today I have been able to post on here. I was blaming the WiFi on board the ship but clearly it’s a problem with the cruise critic site. 

I couldn’t “like” or quote posts and it kept asking me to sign in or register even though I could see my profile picture in the above right corner. 

Finally after clearing cache in safari the third time it finally worked.

This morning we did express walk off and we were able to get off the ship at 7:18 am. There were very few people getting off at that time and no need to show our passports as they did facial recognition at immigration. 
Cruise director announced at the show last night that half of the 490 pax were staying on for the next cruise. 

The crew was excited that they were expecting 2000 this week. Although we loved having the ship practically to ourselves I did feel sorry for the musicians that were sometimes playing to an empty lounge. 

Even though I said I wouldn’t book our winter cruise with MSC I’m already looking for something in January. It’s hard not to fall in love with the crew once on board. I guess I’m willing to put up with the “quirks”  before boarding the ship because the onboard experience is so good. 
We didn’t run into one crew member that wasn’t polite and accommodating at every level of service. 

I will post the rest of the programs and menus tomorrow. 

These two gentlemen kept us very well fed and hydrated in the MDR.  Without asking they would bring us extra apps or entrees when they noticed we really liked a particular item. Also they made my birthday so special I’ll never forget them.

Alvin our server is on the left and on the right is Drake his assistant. If you’re lucky enough to be in their section please tell them “MrJohn” and “Miss Debra” say hello!

8A86463C-7707-4F21-BB30-C7A034D17169.jpeg

Thanks for taking us along on your trip, and thanks for your helpful comments and advice!

• Thanks 1