Live review Divina 11/14-11/21

styles27

Hi CC friends!

So far our first day has been very smooth. Arrived at terminal at 11:20 for our 11:30 embarkation. 
Everyone was very friendly, our vaccination card, Covid test results and passport were checked twice before getting to the counter for our cruise cards. Everything was in order (we did monitored abbot test and printed out results which they all commented  that they like them printed out)
On board in less than 15 min.

Had lunch at the buffet (very good choices and food was delicious) Had salad and paella  DH had soup, roast beef and salad. Skipped dessert for a couple of frozen mudslides 🤣

(priorities)

Was told at check in that they’re expecting 490 passengers this week

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Was told at check in that they’re expecting 490 passengers this week

That's practically a private sailing! DW and I are going to be onboard in mid-December, which I suspect will also be fairly light...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WoodyWindy said:

That's practically a private sailing! DW and I are going to be onboard in mid-December, which I suspect will also be fairly light...

It really is like a private sailing on a ship this big. That can be good or bad. We’ll find out as the cruise progresses. 
I agree that you guys will probably have a similar experience. 

Staff is definitely very attentive so far and so friendly. 

We were on the shuttle from Budget to the terminal with a family going on Disney and they said they were told 2200 expected on their cruise. There was a line on the gangplank waiting to get on. Totally different experience from what we encountered at our terminal. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Have a great time.  Please post any menus from Main Dining Room as well as EasyPlus/bar menus.

Thank you! Will try to post daily (WiFi permitting) it’s pretty sketchy. 
Here’s todays program 

45F58EDF-A833-4E8F-BCC4-299C6C08F6DD.jpeg

7676B5FB-034E-4DDE-8349-D78D952F6E81.jpeg

• Like 2

Overplanner and new MSC cruiser here; thanks for details. Plus, planning is really half the fun - it makes the vacation last longer.

(I’ll repeat a question I posed on another thread) is there a terminal at Port C that MSC uses - or do they float among several?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alohayall said:

Overplanner and new MSC cruiser here; thanks for details. Plus, planning is really half the fun - it makes the vacation last longer.

(I’ll repeat a question I posed on another thread) is there a terminal at Port C that MSC uses - or do they float among several?

I’m not sure this is the first time I’ve sailed out of the US on MSC. Our only other MSC cruise was in the Mediterranean. 

1 hour ago, styles27 said:

Here’s todays program 

It takes several minutes when one arrives in the cabin to read and "digest" the information that their daily planner provides.  Such a wealth and breadth of events is really good, I think.

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise.  Have a safe and pleasant one!  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alohayall said:

MSC uses Terminal 10.  Sailings on MSC alternate with NCL Escape.  This is the permanent terminal for MSC.  MSC is serviced by the same port operations company as NCL at Port Canaveral.

Dennis

• Like 1

Dinner in MDR tonight was yummy 

Service is phenomenal right now. They can’t do enough for you. Alvin was our server. Here’s some pics 

brownie stack with ice cream

78177C98-5365-4E13-84C6-899B1E45A661.jpeg

B48FEBDB-C562-48AB-8CEA-B7171FA2839C.jpegFlan with caramel sauce. Really good 

0232A21D-87D3-4A68-96D4-2A9ADF4FB788.jpegPork w/ roasted potatoes. 

4C35FAFB-E8E8-45C7-A806-EB7B3D259190.jpeg

Caesar salad 

E2EE9F23-9830-4EC9-9B2D-BD325E7DEFB6.jpeg

Edited by styles27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

So you have early seating. Is it possible to get a table for 2?

Yes, because of Covid (and the fact that there are only 490 pax onboard) you can get a table for 2... or 1 in my case last week 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

So you have early seating. Is it possible to get a table for 2?

Yes we did early seating…last night it was  @ 6:15 tonight I noticed it’s 6:00.
All couples were seated alone we had a table for 6 but we were the only ones at the table.

I did miss sitting with others at dinner however the staff has more time to have a conversation with pax so that’s nice. 

32 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, because of Covid (and the fact that there are only 490 pax onboard) you can get a table for 2... or 1 in my case last week 🙂

Same this cruise. It was strange last night seeing how empty the lounges and the main atrium were. 

We walked around the ship and listened to music in different places. The Black and White Lounge had a really good band from DR and they had the largest crowd of any venue last night that we went to. (Maybe 50 people). But you really can’t sit with anyone as they had every other table/couch blocked off so it’s hard to mingle. 
Definitely a different cruise with so few people on board. 
Very relaxing. 

• Like 1