Goop threw a cruise, and no Goopies came

mahdnc

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

While it was a little uncomfortable to use one of the Goop eggs (I’m a guy.), however it totally cured my depression!!!  How can you complain about a company that helps people?  🥸

The egg would be better than a two pound bar bell.... (Check recent news reports if you are at a loss for this post.)

Goop will be re worked and pushed til there are no takers...not sure how long we will be seeing the ads.

The initial concept  they pushed had a  fairly x rated, v- oriented,  we hate men focus..an embarassment to real  feminists, and most everyone.  Definitely out of place on a Celebrity Cruise ship..

Card tricks at dinner, we'll pass!

People love to hate on Gwyneth Paltrow, but she's just trying to emulate the Martha Stewart for a younger generation. It's no surprise that her goop isn't that popular among us because we're not her target audience. But Celebrity has its sites on capturing a larger share of younger affluent travelers, and that's why they're partnering, yoni candles or not.

That being said, on the Summit in March I discovered the goop detox smoothie in the Spa Cafe, and it was an excellent hangover cure. I don't read her blog or buy from her website, but the smoothie's a keeper.

13 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

People love to hate on Gwyneth Paltrow, but she's just trying to emulate the Martha Stewart for a younger generation. It's no surprise that her goop isn't that popular among us because we're not her target audience. But Celebrity has its sites on capturing a larger share of younger affluent travelers, and that's why they're partnering, yoni candles or not.

That being said, on the Summit in March I discovered the goop detox smoothie in the Spa Cafe, and it was an excellent hangover cure. I don't read her blog or buy from her website, but the smoothie's a keeper.

Does Martha Stewart claim that her cookies cure cancer?

• Like 2

I just want to know if Celebrity will be selling her Vagina smelling candles... ? Okay Celebrity is trying to appeal to a different age group... but not sure this is the best choice as a partner. I will be interested to see how long this post lasts... Moderator..this is a real product..

Screen Shot 2022-04-18 at 2.41.52 PM.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

I just want to know if Celebrity will be selling her Vagina smelling candles... ? Okay Celebrity is trying to appeal to a different age group... but not sure this is the best choice as a partner. I will be interested to see how long this post lasts... Moderator..this is a real product..

Why is there no candle that smells like a guy’s crotch?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kearney said:

Another use for non refundable OBC?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does Martha Stewart claim that her cookies cure cancer?

Martha has similarly embraced new age product marketing by releasing America's best selling brand of CBD gummies not only for humans, but for pets. They all claim unbelievable benefits. Martha and Gwyneth are cut from the same cloth.

Edited by misterkevin

9 hours ago, misterkevin said:

Martha has similarly embraced new age product marketing by releasing America's best selling brand of CBD gummies not only for humans, but for pets. They all claim unbelievable benefits. Martha and Gwyneth are cut from the same cloth.

Have you been to Bermuda? There is a woman there named Carole Holding. She started out selling watercolor paintings... she turned many into matted prints that she would sell for $15... back in the day. And they sold like hot cakes.. Later she owned her own shop and expanded beyond art to selling items, many based on plant designs and her watercolors.. including jams etc.... and then set up a B&B in her home which is on the harbor opposite Hamilton. I thought of her as the Martha Steward of Bermuda. It has been a while since I have been there and I know the islands shift from tourism to financial industry plus covid has reduced the number of shops she has... It was fun watching her business grow over the years...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kearney said:

Have you been to Bermuda? There is a woman there named Carole Holding. She started out selling watercolor paintings... she turned many into matted prints that she would sell for $15... back in the day. And they sold like hot cakes.. Later she owned her own shop and expanded beyond art to selling items, many based on plant designs and her watercolors.. including jams etc.... and then set up a B&B in her home which is on the harbor opposite Hamilton. I thought of her as the Martha Steward of Bermuda. It has been a while since I have been there and I know the islands shift from tourism to financial industry plus covid has reduced the number of shops she has... It was fun watching her business grow over the years...

There are many women who are entrepreneurs and have built tremendous businesses. No doubt Paltrow has grabbed onto something and made a business out of it. That does not make her personally more appealing, her products of any real value. She also attempts to build on her brand as an actress/singer (screeching) which is, imo, questionable at best. But...nevertheless, she has succeeded in building something out of absolutely nothing.

If you have not tried Goop's Unseen Sunscreen, you might consider it.  It is my current favorite since it is clear (no white streaks on your skin) and does not leave your skin feeling greasy.  I especially like it for my face and the part in my hair (which burns like crazy!).  This is the only Goop product I have tried, so cannot speak for the rest.

17 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

If you have not tried Goop's Unseen Sunscreen, you might consider it.  It is my current favorite since it is clear (no white streaks on your skin) and does not leave your skin feeling greasy.  I especially like it for my face and the part in my hair (which burns like crazy!).  This is the only Goop product I have tried, so cannot speak for the rest.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I may try it.  But I’d like to know if it will make me lose 30 pounds and make me grow 4 inches?

And will it make me better looking than I already am?  🙂

Edited by zitsky

13 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

You'll have issues with using this in more and more Caribbean locations these days.

All four of the active ingredients in Goop's product are in various venues' no-no lists:

Homosalate 8%

Octisalate 5%

Octocrylene 4%

Avobenzone, 3%

Octocrylene – The center for biological diversity write about how this ingredient can cause brain deformities in fish lava and cause reproductive toxicity. It may also have a bleaching effect on corals.

4-methylbenzylidene camphor – 4-methylbenzylidene camphor is a synthetic compound used as an oil-soluble sunscreen agent and UV absorber. 4-methylbenzylidene camphor isn’t reef safe because it’s toxic to marine life. It’s commonly used in sunscreen, but it can also be found in some insect repellents and lotions. When this chemical gets into the water, it can cause coral bleaching and harm fish and other marine life.

Homosalate – This chemical doesn’t break down easily and traces of this chemical have been found on sea life and corals. Exactly what affect it has on them isn’t clear yet but it seems like it’s better to avoid this ingredient if you want to be completely reef safe.

Oxybenzone – is one of the worst ingredients for coral reefs so make sure to avoid it if you want to be sure your sun screen is reef friendly.

Octinoxate – Octinoxate and Oxybenzone were both banned in Hawaii in 2018. These are 2 ingredients that are recognised most widely as not being reef safe. Octinoxate is dangerous for coral reefs because it is an endocrine disruptor. This means that it can interfere with the hormones of marine life, including coral reefs. Octinoxate has been shown to cause reproductive problems in fish and other marine life. It is also believed to contribute to the bleaching of coral reefs.

PABA

Parabens

Triclosan

Nanoparticles – zinc or titanium. If these ingredients are micro sized or not nano-sized then they are safe to use.

Avobenzone – Avobenzone stops coral from being able to protect themselves from rising ocean temperatures.

Octisalate – This is believed to be an environmental toxin and even though there is limited research some organisations have restricted it’s use.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Daneenm said:

yes....but what does it smell like?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

You'll have issues with using this in more and more Caribbean locations these days.

All four of the active ingredients in Goop's product are in various venues' no-no lists:

Homosalate 8%

Octisalate 5%

Octocrylene 4%

Avobenzone, 3%

Octocrylene – The center for biological diversity write about how this ingredient can cause brain deformities in fish lava and cause reproductive toxicity. It may also have a bleaching effect on corals.

4-methylbenzylidene camphor – 4-methylbenzylidene camphor is a synthetic compound used as an oil-soluble sunscreen agent and UV absorber. 4-methylbenzylidene camphor isn’t reef safe because it’s toxic to marine life. It’s commonly used in sunscreen, but it can also be found in some insect repellents and lotions. When this chemical gets into the water, it can cause coral bleaching and harm fish and other marine life.

Homosalate – This chemical doesn’t break down easily and traces of this chemical have been found on sea life and corals. Exactly what affect it has on them isn’t clear yet but it seems like it’s better to avoid this ingredient if you want to be completely reef safe.

Oxybenzone – is one of the worst ingredients for coral reefs so make sure to avoid it if you want to be sure your sun screen is reef friendly.

Octinoxate – Octinoxate and Oxybenzone were both banned in Hawaii in 2018. These are 2 ingredients that are recognised most widely as not being reef safe. Octinoxate is dangerous for coral reefs because it is an endocrine disruptor. This means that it can interfere with the hormones of marine life, including coral reefs. Octinoxate has been shown to cause reproductive problems in fish and other marine life. It is also believed to contribute to the bleaching of coral reefs.

PABA

Parabens

Triclosan

Nanoparticles – zinc or titanium. If these ingredients are micro sized or not nano-sized then they are safe to use.

Avobenzone – Avobenzone stops coral from being able to protect themselves from rising ocean temperatures.

Octisalate – This is believed to be an environmental toxin and even though there is limited research some organisations have restricted it’s use.

Yes, you will note  I did not say it was reef safe.  I am so infrequently in conditions where this is a concern, that I would purchase a different one for that.  This I use for my normal activities and exposure, which only includes putting my face in ocean water every 5-7 years when I go snorkeling on vacation

On 4/18/2022 at 2:45 PM, kearney said:

I just want to know if Celebrity will be selling her Vagina smelling candles... ?

That's F'n sick and I'm surprised some of the recent posts are being permitted on CC.

IMO-- This whole GOOP Promotion is not the " image " that Celebrity has built over the years. 

Perhaps Celebrity is now catering more to the PHD ( Papa Has Dough ) generation ?

34 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

That's F'n sick and I'm surprised some of the recent posts are being permitted on CC.

IMO-- This whole GOOP Promotion is not the " image " that Celebrity has built over the years. 

Perhaps Celebrity is now catering more to the PHD ( Papa Has Dough ) generation ?

Pinboy are you serious?  Some of the stuff you post isn’t just sugar and spice.  If it bothers you don’t read it.  And we’re talking about a real product.  You have a problem with it, talk to Gwenyth.

And by the way, please watch your f-n language.  This is a family website.  See what I mean?

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pinboy said:

As mentioned by another poster, nothing on this thread is made up and involves  Goop items that are available for purchase.

I was bothered more on a recent Constellation cruise by the jokes made by entertainers and staff concerning heavy drinking and drunkenness on board than by potential Goop promotion.

I didn't realize I was cruising on Carnival.

Edited by Homosassa

Just now, Homosassa said:

As mentioned by another poster, nothing on this thread is made up and involves  Goop items that are available for purchase.

I know that--- What prompted my post ( # 69 ) was the photo in post # 55.

And , to think that anyone would purchase products promising ( ?? )  " That "  , and/or spend an Extra $ 750 to listen to GP promote the " stuff " --- Ya gotta be etc, etc.

I haven't read that anyone can't wait to go or that has already purchased it.

Regarding a recent quote " But I’d like to know if it will make me lose 30 pounds "

Answer: LOL--- It's guaranteed --- Because you will lose your appetite and the 30 lbs will follow.

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

And , to think that anyone would purchase products promising ( ?? )  " That "  , and/or spend an Extra $ 750 to listen to GP promote the " stuff " --- Ya gotta be etc, etc.

Regarding a recent quote " But I’d like to know if it will make me lose 30 pounds "

Answer: LOL--- It's guaranteed --- Because you will lose your appetite and the 30 lbs will follow.

I guess you didn't read the whole thread and see my reference to the same product in post #24.

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Pinboy I never knew you were such a delicate flower?  My goodness the vapors will make me faint.

I would do it if GP was GUARANTEED to be on the ship and GUARANTEED to be giving all the talks, not just her lackeys.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

Pinboy I never knew you were such a delicate flower?  My goodness the vapors will make me faint.

I would do it if GP was GUARANTEED to be on the ship and GUARANTEED to be giving all the talks, not just her lackeys.

Really? Why? Just to gawk at a celebrity or do you think she has anything valuable to say? Form what I can tell, she's barely literate.

• Thanks 1