hotels about 1 hour from port canaveral

dahirsh

7 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Howdy neighbor! 😎

St. Augustine (about 2 hours north) or Daytona Beach (just under an hour north) are your best bets.

Thank you.

I think we want to be closer than St Augustine and Daytona is expensive that night.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

What budget? If it were me, I'd be staying at The Breakers in Palm Beach. If not there then the Boca Raton Hotel. It is a vacation, after all.

Palm Beach is almost exactly 60 minutes away. Jupiter is a bit more, Boca Raton, a bit less.

The OP is driving from NC to Port Canaveral. Your suggestions are past the port and will require backtracking.

3 hours ago, dahirsh said:

Thank you.

I think we want to be closer than St Augustine and Daytona is expensive that night.

Not much between St. Augustine and Daytona - as suggested above look at Palm Coast of Ormond Beach.  Good luck with your search.

Daytona Beach is about 70 miles north and has all the chains, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oceanfront Daytona Beach, Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, SpringHill Suites by Marriott New Smyrna Beach and Homewood Suites by Hilton Daytona Beach Speedway-Airport.

• Like 1

You are looking at St Augustine (about 2 hours) down to the Daytona area (about 1 hour). We are driving in from NC as well but staying at the Radisson in the port area. It really comes down to the quality of hotel you want to be in as  well. There are always those I-95 road side hotels that are junk. 

Hi, I live in Jacksonville and it has always taken me 2 hours to drive from here to Port Canaveral. I am 30 minutes from St Augustine. If you are looking for an hour from the port? That would be Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach.  Is there a reason it has to be one hour? If you stay here in Jacksonville you will find many, many hotels on the southside of town........many choices right near I-95. 

18 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I live in Jacksonville and it has always taken me 2 hours to drive from here to Port Canaveral. I am 30 minutes from St Augustine. If you are looking for an hour from the port? That would be Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach.  Is there a reason it has to be one hour? If you stay here in Jacksonville you will find many, many hotels on the southside of town........many choices right near I-95. 

We just thought 60-90 minutes was the sweet spot to get most of the driving done the day before yet not worry about getting to the port in the morning.

1 hour ago, dahirsh said:

We just thought 60-90 minutes was the sweet spot to get most of the driving done the day before yet not worry about getting to the port in the morning.

Ok, gotcha. Then I would say the Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach area would be the best choices.

1 hour ago, dahirsh said:

I think 60 minutes is a good goal. That gives you time to relax and breakfast and not stress over getting to the port. There are plenty of nice hotels in Dayton Beach and New Smyrna Beach besides the few I named.

Several times we have stayed at Daytona Beach Shores/Port Orange area.  It is about one hour from the port.

We have stayed at the Residence Inn and the Hyatt Place there and were pleased with both.  There is also a Hampton Inn there too.

Be sure the hotel address shows Daytona Beach Shores or Port Orange

6 hours ago, dahirsh said:

I can recommend staying at Titusville.  There is a Fairfield Inn, which is where I stayed when I sailed out of Port Canaveral, as well as a Holiday Inn.  There are one or two other properties near that exit from I-95, maybe a Best Western.  Several restaurants are also nearby.  Easy off and on I-95 the next morning for maybe a 40-60 minute drive the the Port.  

52 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I can recommend staying at Titusville.  There is a Fairfield Inn, which is where I stayed when I sailed out of Port Canaveral, as well as a Holiday Inn.  There are one or two other properties near that exit from I-95, maybe a Best Western.  Several restaurants are also nearby.  Easy off and on I-95 the next morning for maybe a 40-60 minute drive the the Port.  

Hi rka🙂....in my opinion, if they take your suggestion, they ought to drive down the extra 40 minutes and stay in Cocoa Beach.........that is 5 minutes from the port. (like I said that is just my opinion).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi rka🙂....in my opinion, if they take your suggestion, they ought to drive down the extra 40 minutes and stay in Cocoa Beach.........that is 5 minutes from the port. (like I said that is just my opinion).

That is just what I was going to say. If you are going as far as Titusville, you might as well go on into Port Canaveral.

• Like 2

The cluster of hotels on I-95 near Titusville seem to offer reasonable prices.  They don’t seem to swing with cruise ship departures as much as the ones in Port Canaveral (when I have checked).  You have a choice of the entry-level hotels (Hampton Inn by Hilton, TownPlace by Marriott, Holiday Inn…). Cracker Barrel, Starbucks, … nearby.  Then, an easy 25 mile drive down to the port.  

• Like 1