Customer service

DMSBCruiser

The reality with travel these days with cruise lines, with airlines, etc.  If you need to talk to someone plan on being on hold for an extended of time, as in hours.  

If you hit it just right you might get through quickly, but I would not count on it.  I would expect the call to take a while, and am happy if it is less than an hour.

Edited by nocl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nocl said:

The reality with travel these days with cruise lines, with airlines, etc.  If you need to talk to someone plan on being on hold for an extended of time, as in hours.  

has not been my reality with either Celebrity or JetBlue

• Like 1

They do ask for a call back number.  I have been on hold many times for hours.  I use 888 751 7804.  This is for existing reservations.  When they start the spiel, instead of listening to them I press 1 and it goes through to the reservations line.  That being said I still wait long times too, 50 minutes the other day.  I think they have laid off a pile of people and who can blame them with no sailings for so long and now ships sailing half full or less.

2 hours ago, nocl said:

If you hit it just right you might get through quickly, but I would not count on it.  I would expect the call to take a while, and am happy if it is less than an hour.

Most airlines and many other travel industries offer to call you back…If there’s a 3 hour wait I’d much rather not listen to hold music the entire time

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

has not been my reality with either Celebrity or JetBlue

I agree.

I called Delta the other day to have my wife's and my flights linked. Wait time less than an hour or was given the option for a call back. Needless to say I elected to receive the call back instead of being on hold. 

Well, I must say that my TA said yesterday that they were on hold for 3 1/2 hours and had to call back with a few items I wanted addressed, YET she took it in stride because she had eight (8) other reservations to update/amend/make.

I will bring her a gift back from my sailing as an appreciation for the time spent, well spent on my behalf I must say...

bon voyage

It’s bad when stories about the new variant breaks or new restrictions border closing and people call to ask about cancellation policies etc.  I would call when they first open or 30 minutes before they close.  Friday has been pretty good.  Monday had been the worst in my experience.