Just curious......

thymcruisers

Does anyone know how many people test positive in the 2 days before a cruise and actually have to cancel? I've searched for some numbers to no avail. I understand the testing protocol set up by cruiselines - and for many it may give you a sense of peace- but in all reality, a test taken 2 days before (or even day of) probably doesn't matter because you could pick 

up Covid anytime in the 2 days before boarding OR Covid may just not show up in test at the port. I'm just curious about the numbers - we have 2 cruises planned, have had Pfizer shots + booster,  and will get tested - BECAUSE WE LOVE CRUISING!!

Sure, there is always a chance you could pick it up in those 2 days but the testing does help eliminate a very extended time frame of exposure that can go back nearly 14 days or so.  I think they are good with those odds.

47 minutes ago, thymcruisers said:

Does anyone know how many people test positive in the 2 days before a cruise and actually have to cancel? I've searched for some numbers to no avail. I understand the testing protocol set up by cruiselines - and for many it may give you a sense of peace- but in all reality, a test taken 2 days before (or even day of) probably doesn't matter because you could pick 

up Covid anytime in the 2 days before boarding OR Covid may just not show up in test at the port. I'm just curious about the numbers - we have 2 cruises planned, have had Pfizer shots + booster,  and will get tested - BECAUSE WE LOVE CRUISING!!

I think the CDC set the time. I think it would pick up a lot of potential problems, plus if people are honest on the health questionnaire, the cruise line can monitor additional potential problems.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I think the CDC set the time. I think it would pick up a lot of potential problems, plus if people are honest on the health questionnaire, the cruise line can monitor additional potential problems.

I doubt people are being honest if they have symptoms and just tested negative. And it doesn’t even take into consideration asymptomatic people.  We just had Covid run through our family and we were testing everyone daily. Three were asymptomatic before testing positive 1, 2, and three days after person who tested positive first. 

10 minutes ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

I doubt people are being honest if they have symptoms and just tested negative. And it doesn’t even take into consideration asymptomatic people.  We just had Covid run through our family and we were testing everyone daily. Three were asymptomatic before testing positive 1, 2, and three days after person who tested positive first. 

Surely there is at least one honest person left on the planet.

• Like 1

I'm curious too--how many have had to cancel in those two days because they test positive?  My county in Michigan is one of the worst in the country right now--it just blew up in the last two weeks.  I really didn't think there were that many people left to get it here.  I've had my booster and I take my at home test on Thanksgiving, and I'm trying to imagine it all turning out OK rather than imagining the two pink lines.  My cruise buddy had Covid over Halloween (fully vaccinated) and he took the at home test a couple days ago and tested negative.  Phew!

• Like 1