When will drink package prices go on sale?

Drink package sale has been extended into today but not sure for how long. I just purchased the Refreshment ($17) and the soda ($6) at 50% off on-board price for a couple of my future cruises, which IMO is a great deal! The Deluxe package is still higher than I want to spend in the sixties; I paid around $50pppd a few months ago for the Deluxe package on a couple of my upcoming cruises! Cheers!

On 11/28/2021 at 8:44 AM, matt1 said:

Interesting, do the RCI receipts/in-app account themselves show a “before and after” price for drinks? 

For example, the drink was $13.99, but with the the drink package you paid X-amount, so your savings total amounts to $X.XX?

No - my receipt listed $0.00 and the location of the purchase.  I had the deluxe beverage package and diamond drinks.  I didn't specify which I wanted to use.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Drink package sale has been extended into today but not sure for how long. I just purchased the Refreshment ($17) and the soda ($6) at 50% off on-board price for a couple of my future cruises, which IMO is a great deal! The Deluxe package is still higher than I want to spend in the sixties; I paid around $50pppd a few months ago for the Deluxe package on a couple of my upcoming cruises! Cheers!

Looks like it's good until at least 12/1/21 11:59:59P ET.

image.png.582d090fb946d67ab63891193cc2176c.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThisGirlsOnFire said:

Yes.  Even though they list it a 5 DAY package it's actually only 4 1/2 DAYS of drinking  AND keep in mind that price didn't include the 18% gratituty (why do they do THAT?!)  So using my math it's $78 a day. (I also kept my drinking down to the $160 range as a result).  Since there was nothing to do I would have probably gotten my monies worth but . . . 

People gave me a hard time about not getting it and as I was - 4 days - newly divorced I was like THAT's A CAR PAYMENT.  

Edited by ThisGirlsOnFire

You’re right, I expect to pretty much break even or close to it with the DBP.  For me, a plus is being able to try new drinks.  If I don’t like it, I don’t have to drink it.  Put it down & order something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poocher said:

You’re right, I expect to pretty much break even or close to it with the DBP.  For me, a plus is being able to try new drinks.  If I don’t like it, I don’t have to drink it.  Put it down & order something else.

And to be able to discard poorly made drinks without making a scene...  I had a few very bad Old Fashioned last week.  And a lot of very good ones.

14 hours ago, poocher said:

Yup. My hubby spends the first day finding the bartender who makes a Long Island iced tea the way he likes it!  More than a few have been left behind til he finds the perfect one.

Can he give me the heads up on the Allure?  I know it's going to be watered down alcohol but at least the taste is close.  LOL.  

43 minutes ago, richmore said:

So to clarify - with the deluxe package- do u pay 18%per drink on top of the package price? Or is it included

The 18% is added to the package when you go to your cart to check out.  No additional is added when you get onboard, unless you want to leave a buck or two for your bartender or server, but that's up to you.  

• Like 1

We will be on AOS in March 2022 and just purchased the Refreshment Pkg for $17.  Cheapest I have seen.  Plan to order plenty mocktails and Pellegrino water.  We have done the Drinks package at $61 each, but just found it not to be a good buy for the amount we drink.  

The Deluxe Beverage Package is a little less than it was, but still ca. $64 per day which is more than I want to spend!  I might do one for $55 but that is not available.

On the other hand, the soda and refreshment packages were much lower in price.  $5.99 per day for the soda package and ca. $17 per day for the refreshment package.

On 11/30/2021 at 8:13 PM, poocher said:

I've read this plenty of times.  But if you think about it, it doesn't make sense.

No one is forcing you to finish ANY drink.  Get something you don't like?  Throw it out.  Doesn't matter if it's part of the plan or if you're paying a la carte.  

The "normal" response to that is "I feel like I'm wasting money if I do that."  OK, I get that.  I don't like paying for something and not using it (not finishing a meal in a restaurant for example).  BUT, if you're paying for the DBP and not breaking even by the end of the cruise, that's exactly what you're doing... paying for something then not finishing it.  

Yes, there are people who will "get their money's worth" out the plan.  The one time I got the plan I was more stressed over making SURE I got my money's worth that I definitely got drinks I normally wouldn't have just to make sure.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:56 PM, cruisingalong2018 said:

I am going on Adventure of the Seas in June, 2022.  I keep looking at the drink package prices.  They have been $69.99 for awhile.  Does it go lower than that? Not sure if it's worth it for me at the current price.  Thank you for your help!

The sale will begin as soon as they raise the published base price for your cruise high enough so that the sale price actually looks like a good deal. They mark 'em up so they can mark 'em down.🤑

There will be an onboard "special" but as it's only advertisedat the inside bar (Centrum specifically)  I had already bought my first $15 drink. 

Note:  before buying your first drink if you haven't already gotten the DBP check inside for the "special" before ordering your drink. 

It came to $78.66 a day after gratuities were added.  (If memory serves me it would have been $69.48 if purchased up till 48 hours in advance).  

Edited by ThisGirlsOnFire

23 hours ago, orville99 said:

The sale will begin as soon as they raise the published base price for your cruise high enough so that the sale price actually looks like a good deal. They mark 'em up so they can mark 'em down.🤑

So True.  On our Feb 21 sailing the DBP went back up to $73- until the next great "sale". The silly cat and mouse/smoke and mirrors game continues.  It would be sooooo nice if they would just put a legit price out there. 😞 

On 12/2/2021 at 10:24 AM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

I've read this plenty of times.  But if you think about it, it doesn't make sense.

No one is forcing you to finish ANY drink.  Get something you don't like?  Throw it out.  Doesn't matter if it's part of the plan or if you're paying a la carte.  

The "normal" response to that is "I feel like I'm wasting money if I do that."  OK, I get that.  I don't like paying for something and not using it (not finishing a meal in a restaurant for example).  BUT, if you're paying for the DBP and not breaking even by the end of the cruise, that's exactly what you're doing... paying for something then not finishing it.  

Yes, there are people who will "get their money's worth" out the plan.  The one time I got the plan I was more stressed over making SURE I got my money's worth that I definitely got drinks I normally wouldn't have just to make sure.  

I don’t think anyone in my party will have a problem making the DBP worth it even at $61 plus gratuities per day.  I won’t be asked to steer the ship and will have no small children to care for.  

Edited by poocher

On 11/30/2021 at 7:18 PM, AustinCruise said:

And to be able to discard poorly made drinks without making a scene...  I had a few very bad Old Fashioned last week.  And a lot of very good ones

I was on Allure OTS a few weeks back.  I offered to give a live 'masters class' on how to make a proper Old Fashioned cocktail.  Being from Wisconsin, I have made more than my fair share and it ain't that hard!  I ordered one from the Schooner Bar...The bar tender asked my what I thought....comments ensued...He made me a new one - my method...He said I should offer up that master class.  He tasted his...tasted mine...winner winner chicken dinner! 

• Like 1

Just now, bgoff60 said:

I was on Allure OTS a few weeks back.  I offered to give a live 'masters class' on how to make a proper Old Fashioned cocktail.  Being from Wisconsin, I have made more than my fair share and it ain't that hard!  I ordered one from the Schooner Bar...The bar tender asked my what I thought....comments ensued...He made me a new one - my method...He said I should offer up that master class.  He tasted his...tasted mine...winner winner chicken dinner! 

AND...since there was not a drop of Korbel Brandy on the ship (that he know of...) we substituted Hennessey - Oh the humanity...  😁

Just now, bgoff60 said:

AND...since there was not a drop of Korbel Brandy on the ship (that he know of...) we substituted Hennessey - Oh the humanity...  😁