Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Until next time, Roatan... I'm glad that all of my organs are right on the ship with me...

PXL_20211201_230528700.jpg

We had a crazy driver when we were there too! We spent the day at Little French Key and loved every minute of it. Not quite as adventurous as you but we always like to get away from the port.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Why? We started taking our kids to restaurants early. How else do they learn how to act. Sid, how was the two year old?

There is a difference between taking your kid to Applebee's and taking them to the Chef's Table.  There is also a difference between the child being two and being five.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

There is a difference between taking your kid to Applebee's and taking them to the Chef's Table.  There is also a difference between the child being two and being five.

It all depends on the child(ren). We took ours to family restaurants as well as high end. Two , five, ten it doesn't matter it's about how you teach your children to behave. Now please, let this go.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I was looking for Jessica, and I didn't see any female drivers around. A guy came up to me and said that they ended up taking a larger group, but he could take me. I was, of course, skeptical, but there were definitely no female drivers around. He asked where I wanted to go, and how much the other company quoted me. I told him, and he said he would take me for $10 less...

Same thing happened to me about 15 years ago.  I climbed up the hill, and there was no one there except a young man in a small car.  I asked where was the van I was expecting, and he said I was late and they left.  I said no, I’m right on time and I know there’s a one hour time difference between ship’s time and port time.  Anyway, I was only looking for a round trip to the West End beaches.  He offered to take me for a price I can’t remember.  I went, stayed a couple of hours, and tipped him when he returned me to the port. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Don’t think I would be that trusting today.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I didn’t feel like it was any bigger than vista class. I think what they have there is more breakfast options. Not just Buffet and MDR but Shaqs, Emerils, Java Blue…i think guys has breakfast on that ship though I never made it up there in the morning. Unless they changed it I know I saw a breakfast menu before the ship launched.

There is a mini buffet in Pig & Anchor and I think either Chibang or Cucina is open on sea days.  Have not read about or seen on YouTube the breakfast burger at Guy's that was mentioned pre-launch.

• Like 1

I was gone for awhile, but it looks like y'all carried on without me...

I stopped by Shaq's for a "Shaq attack" sandwich once back on board. After another shower, that is...

PXL_20211201_204258320.thumb.jpg.30e0f2ac7281dcdbf0e7d41421048d39.jpg

Costume number two of the day.

PXL_20211201_203341113.jpg

I can easily recognize your GONZO style . Hunter S. Thompson would HIGHLY approve ! Got to get that shirt .

• Like 1

@sid_9169just getting caught up on you adventure in Roatan......you crack me up...I Lol at you at times.

You are a germaphobe but yet you will get in a vehicle with a total stranger in a foreign country....drive miles away....drink, smoke, and dine with strangers....great entertainment my friend.

In my younger days I'd be right there with you....not anymore but I can live the adventure through you!

Have a great evening!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I think that I may have just grossly over ordered here at Emeril's. Red beans and rice, duck and sausage gumbo, and a shrimp and oyster po boy...

I did the same thing. The small plates were bigger than I thought.

• Like 3

"maybe this guy is going to drive me across the island and rob me, and leave me there" (or, worse)...

As Sid wakes up in a bathtub in the middle of nowhere totally covered in ice.....missing a kidney.  But a bottle of Patron Reposado is within reach to help with the pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

29 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Emeril's is opened... I'm going to throw some business their way, since I've been wanting to try it.

Hi 🙂

Happy to see you made it to 'Emeril's Bistro 1396'. 

The 1396 represents the 'Yard Number' where Mardi Gras was being constructed at Meyer Turku Shipyard.

Bon appetite! Enjoy!

🌴

• Like 6

At a certain point, I needed to relieve myself. There was definitely no restroom attached to the restaurant, so I asked where it was. Down at the end of the dock, across the dirt road...

PXL_20211201_164822550.thumb.jpg.55714a5745dfb6c77cf4abe91d7dc6c6.jpg

PXL_20211201_164828752.thumb.jpg.fac0ed7e1cc0999e0b0b10a139f60a71.jpg

PXL_20211201_164754598.thumb.jpg.704b577d503582408afa719eac7308b8.jpg

PXL_20211201_164759040.jpg

It's an upgrade over the previous bathroom shack....this one has a working sink. 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I think that I may have just grossly over ordered here at Emeril's. Red beans and rice, duck and sausage gumbo, and a shrimp and oyster po boy...

PXL_20211201_234145819.thumb.jpg.8ca84ba203846c4f5df21921983732d8.jpg

PXL_20211201_234149164.thumb.jpg.3e237b5b7e2a4ddb59de7cb3fca62352.jpg

PXL_20211201_234200467.jpg

You are just making up from last night’s dinner.

• Like 2