Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

I've got to say that I'm happy that I was able to purchase Cheers with onboard credit... I definitely haven't been getting my money's worth these past couple of days. I haven't had anything alcoholic on the ship today at all. I'm stuffed and tired, and I'm halfway between going out and having a couple, or just crashing here in my food coma.

• Like 9

I bet that if there are some new readers this week, they're saying "what in the heck kind of cruise review is this?"... It's just the version of events that have ensued, for better or for worse. I have to say that I feel very different this week than on past cruises. I waited sooo long for this, but I think that the excitement is gone for me now. It's hard to explain, but there's just something off. Nothing to do with Carnival, or the ship, or the service, it's all been spectacular. It's me...

• Like 18

14 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

It's me...

I've been on Panorama twice since Oct.30th and for me it is still fun but the mask and unmasking and masking again interrupts the usual flow of my typical cruise experience and my overall enjoyment factor. Perhaps to some extent this is true of you as well. Have you considered this aspect, Sid? 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

There was a magician who came in for intermission. I don't have any idea how he did any of those tricks, but it was amazing. He asked if anyone had some cash on them. Of course, I have a pocket full. I wrote my initials on a twenty dollar bill. He did a few things, and next thing it was a one dollar bill. A few seconds later, it was a twenty again...

with inflation it shoulda been a hundred

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I've been on Panorama twice since Oct.30th and for me it is still fun but the mask and unmasking and masking again interrupts the usual flow of my typical cruise experience and my overall enjoyment factor. Perhaps to some extent this is true of you as well. Have you considered this aspect, Sid? 

I've VERY seldomly put on a mask on board... I carry one in my pocket, but it's probably only been put on a total of ten times for a very short duration.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I bet that if there are some new readers this week, they're saying "what in the heck kind of cruise review is this?"... It's just the version of events that have ensued, for better or for worse. I have to say that I feel very different this week than on past cruises. I waited sooo long for this, but I think that the excitement is gone for me now. It's hard to explain, but there's just something off. Nothing to do with Carnival, or the ship, or the service, it's all been spectacular. It's me...

I felt the same way on our Halloween Mardi Gras cruise.  Something is off.  I don't know if my expectations were set too high or cruising is not back to normal.  I feel it's the later.  I was disappointed but don't know why.  Hoping our next cruise in January is better.  We are taking a break after that until normalcy returns.  It's a shame, everyone is trying so hard. Both crew and passengers.  Wish I could put this into words better, but it eludes me. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

There is a mini buffet in Pig & Anchor and I think either Chibang or Cucina is open on sea days.  Have not read about or seen on YouTube the breakfast burger at Guy's that was mentioned pre-launch.

Yeah I’d call that your ocean plaza buffet just moved to P&A since there is no ocean plaza.

• Like 2

I just took my sleeping meds and CBD, and I'm about to insert my ear plugs... Two more days, and it'll all be over. I can tell you for sure, I've gained a couple of pounds and gotten PLENTY of sleep......... Chapter five: the end...

• Like 19

So,, we are going on a 4 night cruise out of Galveston tomorrow. It’s one of those 35 dollars trips.  we are really just getting up and throwing  ***** in a bag and going   I need contact lense stuff a toothbrush and toothpaste and a tub of wipes. We’re good to go 

• Like 11