Beware CVS for Covid test

bonship

Just now, Loverofdogs said:

Check out Lab Doctor at 1245 SE 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. Just a few minutes from Port everglades. They do antigen test ($49.00) and walkin ins. I have called them last week to verify. Also, the airport does the antigen testing, with proof that you flew into FLL. 

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I actually called them and they only do drive thru. They will not let you walk up in the drive thru line.

Thank you.  I was afraid of that.  I wonder 

if that may change?  Our local CVS now allows walk ins, but won’t help me as I will be in FLL 2 days before.  

50 minutes ago, Loverofdogs said:

Check out Lab Doctor at 1245 SE 17th street in Fort Lauderdale. Just a few minutes from Port everglades. They do antigen test ($49.00) and walkin ins. I have called them last week to verify. Also, the airport does the antigen testing, with proof that you flew into FLL. 

When do you travel?

. Can you post your experience?

Thank you

7 hours ago, I object 2 said:

If sure would have been easier for peeps traveling long distance to port if the 3 day timeline was kept. 

You can blame the CDC for the change from 3 days to 2 days. Princess is just following the CDC guidelines.

10 hours ago, cruisetilidrop said:

When do you travel?

. Can you post your experience?

Thank you

We don't go until January 6,2022. I have called Lab Doctor and you have your results in 15-30 minute. Told me I would get paper work at end. 

Phone number is: 954-530-4447

You can goggle urgent cares that do covid test in Fort Lauderdale to get more places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loverofdogs said:

We don't go until January 6,2022. I have called Lab Doctor and you have your results in 15-30 minute. Told me I would get paper work at end. 

Phone number is: 954-530-4447

You can goggle urgent cares that do covid test in Fort Lauderdale to get more places. 

Thank you for the info. It is located down the street from hotel we are staying at. We go end of Feb.  Have a good cruise!

8 hours ago, cruisetilidrop said:

Thank you for the info. It is located down the street from hotel we are staying at. We go end of Feb.  Have a good cruise!

We are staying at Embassy Suites and is walking distance.  Also found out today , that BeeperMD will come to hotel to do test.  Have not talked with them, but it is free if you have two people do the test.  Will call and talk with them the first of week. Will post what I find out. 

Happy Cruising Everyone!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 7:12 PM, I object 2 said:

We have the same predicament.  Our cruise is January 2022.  We spend most of our day (Tuesday) flying to Fort Lauderdale and sail Thursday so we'll need to be tested Wednesday.  This is according to Princess website:  "For example, if sailing on Sunday, the test may be taken on Friday and Saturday, and as late as Sunday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in."   

If you sail Thursday you can be tested on Tuesday or Wednesday (or Thursday as along as you get the results in time for check-in) according to Princess.

Here is a recent thread about testing at the airport which may work for you since you are arriving by plane.

This is the original posting:

Here is the link: https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

We flew in Tuesday night but needed tests taken Wednesday or Thursday.  I pre registered and selected appointment times then printed out my confirmation.  When you register it only allows FLL as the departure airport,  but that's okay.  We don't  fly home until Nov. 30 but that's okay.

Testing is done in Terminal 3 in luggage pick up area. Out appointments were at 10 am. We got there around 9:50 or so. Paige for two rapid antigen tests ($59 a test or so). Sat for maybe two minutes, got tested and left. Maybe, really maybe, 10 minutes later got the text that the results were in.  NO COVID! Phew....that's a relief! But seriously,  so easy, quick and relatively inexpensive.  Highly recommend this and strongly recommend pre registering. There were walk ins while we were there so that works too. 

And as Host CJSKIDS noted, check out the Florida Departures Board where testing at all Florida ports is a recurring topic.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

On 11/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I gave up using CVS.  It was next to impossible to schedule 10 days out where lived. And other issues.  Found a good alternative, but not as convenient.  Worth the peace of mind. 

Just tried to book my Covid test at CVS.  Should have been able to do so today.  The only appointments showing were for today.  Rest of the days going forward all said no appointments available.  

36 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Just tried to book my Covid test at CVS.  Should have been able to do so today.  The only appointments showing were for today.  Rest of the days going forward all said no appointments available.  

Was this in FLL?  Try a little later today, maybe they didn’t load yet?  Or, call them. Are they still offering Rapid Antigen?

On 11/26/2021 at 3:03 PM, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

Has anyone had experience using the Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 2 Pack for Travel? If so, does each traveler have to order a 2 pack or can a couple share the one 2 pack?

I have used them without issue. I would HIGHLY recommend you get at least the three pack (available from Optum ($99 for 3 Pack) then you have a spare in case there is an "Issue". You can also get a 6 pack from eMed.com. Things I have read that have happen sometimes when getting / taking the test - Packages get mauled in the mail, or accidentally opened (Invalidates the test), You fail to follow the proctors instructions, Proctor makes a mistake, Test card drops to the floor/out of visibility of the proctor, fluid is dry - any number of things have happened - best to have a spare. Number of videos on YouTube showing how to do the test.

We purchased a 6 pack for two of us (eMed $150), used one set of 2 for a cruise, and one while on a cruise as DW was not feeling well (Negative COVID). Three left for our next cruise.

They do ask for names when purchasing the packages, but anybody can actually use the tests. The current tests being shipped (either store) are Feb 1, 2022. New packages being manufactured - stated will be "should" available in January and have a 1 year expiration date.

Even if you have a test scheduled at a CVS, Walgreens or the like - this is cheap insurance - because - stuff happens - and without that test result in hand at embarkation you may well be waving at the ship from the dock...

• Like 1