Summit cabin location... Windy?

Chrisfromco

Hi all, 

We booked a 5 day to the Dominican on Summit for April 22'. I am currently booked in cabin 9043 (Aqua angled balcony) Does anyone have experience with the 1100-1110 cabins shown in the image? the second image is from the other side, but I think they are the same? They look like they would have a great view and lots of sun, but I'm concerned wind could be an issue. Any input would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Chris

713bff3e53149aa.jpg

celebrity-summit-celebrity-summit-celebrity-cruises-docked-philipsburg-st-maartin-celebrity-cruises-cruise-line-173894383.jpg

Edited by Chrisfromco

I just got off the Summit and was in 1116. I didn't find them any more windy than other standard sized balconies- it really depended on what direction the wind was coming from. 

There was a small amount of noise on the balcony from the movies they play on the rooftop deck, but I couldn't hear it at all when I was inside the cabin with the balcony door closed.

Next time I sail Aqua class, I would absolutely book a cabin on deck 11 again. I loved the location. The only downside was on a rainy day, to get from the spa or anywhere deck 10 or 11 forward, I ended up having to go down to deck 9 to get to the aft of the ship to not get rained on.

• Thanks 1

Have been in this row of cabins on both Summit and Constellation.

Pros 

Newer than Aqua cabins on Deck 9

Convenient access to buffet, exterior decks 

Sunny, no wind issues particularly 

Cons

Cabin and balcony fractionally smaller than Deck 9

No overhang or shelter from rain or excessive sun or heat on balcony

Distant from forward or lower deck venues

• Thanks 1

These cabins are some of my favorite on the ship - if they are available we always pick them when booking AQ.  I don't recall ever having a wind issue.  Without the overhang, on a warm weather cruise it can get pretty hot and sunny out on the balcony - some would consider that a pro; others a con.  We also found that on those days the cabin was a little warmer than we would prefer and we had to ask maintenance to open up the air conditioner flow all the way and then it was fine.  I love the quieter location, the newer rooms, and the convenience to the buffet, Blu, as well as the aft elevators.  Occasionally we could hear the movies from above when sitting on the balcony, but they were never very loud - more like background sound.  It never bothered us.

• Thanks 1

The veranda's might not be windy but watch yourself if using the doors to access the pool area on deck 11 if the ship is at sea. The doors are heavy to begin with and I've inadvertently slammed it on more than one happy occasion. 

Your map doesn't show the door but it is adjacent to 1100 on the port side. The same is true on the starboard side.

Love those deck 11 cabins, especially the afts.

• Thanks 1

I was in 1110 last week and it was fantastic. Wind was not a problem at all. .Loved how close it was to stairs that led to buffet and elevator. I would recommend avoiding 1100-1106 due to how close it is to heavy exit door. 
I liked the cabin so much I rebooked if for April 2022

7D31D799-DE65-464B-A49E-2FE43B4B44A6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I would agree about avoiding the first couple of cabins due to the door but I stayed in 1106 and 1108 and was very happy with them.  If you notice on the deck plan there is an extra space in the hallway adjacent to those rooms.   1 floor down to the rear of the oceanview was also very convenient.   No noise from stairs/elevators.  My go to rooms for M class Aqua.

• Thanks 1