Canceling a drink or internet package

6 hours ago, Californian said:

If you cancel a drink or internet package, do the funds go back to your credit card or do you get onboard credit?  I want to use my AMEX card, but don't want funds to go back to the credit card.

Then cancel once onboard.

Keep in mind that,  if you wait to cancel on board, the refund will be prorated. While I don't know for sure, I would not be surprised if you do not receive a refund for the first day. 

Here's hoping that someone who actually knows how that works will chime in. 

Just to share some information that I found out today.  Royal is currently working on a new cruise planner system that will credit you for the difference in price if you see that the price has gone down.  No more refunding the entire purchase and having to repurchase at the lower amount

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just to share some information that I found out today.  Royal is currently working on a new cruise planner system that will credit you for the difference in price if you see that the price has gone down.  No more refunding the entire purchase and having to repurchase at the lower amount

That would be awesome!  So much more convenient if they would just refund the difference in price.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Have you seen people having issues with cancelling and repurchasing refreshment packages with this sale?  I cancelled two refreshment packages and then bought them again at the sale price on 11/23.  I still have never received a confirm for the new order, though the order shows on my account.  I did get a a new confirm for the order that had the original packages on it with the excursion I purchased on that order still on the confirm, no refreshment packages on it but still the original total cost.  I have had a pending charge on my AMEX since the 23rd but that has now disappeared and no charge was posted.  I was issued two credits for the refreshment packages on the 24th.  I don't want to lose out on the sale price.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Have you seen people having issues with cancelling and repurchasing refreshment packages with this sale?  I cancelled two refreshment packages and then bought them again at the sale price on 11/23.  I still have never received a confirm for the new order, though the order shows on my account.  I did get a a new confirm for the order that had the original packages on it with the excursion I purchased on that order still on the confirm, no refreshment packages on it but still the original total cost.  I have had a pending charge on my AMEX since the 23rd but that has now disappeared and no charge was posted.  I was issued two credits for the refreshment packages on the 24th.  I don't want to lose out on the sale price.

I canceled a drink package on the 23rd  because I needed to reprice.  The purchase went through fine, it was bought with OBC.  I could see it in my planner. 

Today I went into my planner and the drink package was no longer there.  The OBC was there in the original full amount.  I called RCL and asked what happened to the package.  The sales person told me I had called and canceled it on the 24th.  Um, no, I did not.  He could not explain any further than that.

I ended up repurchasing and was happy the price had not gone up.  That would have really annoyed me.  

Anyways, sounds like your dates are the same as mine so keep your eye open and if you need to, give them a call to get it straightened out.  

9 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

I canceled a drink package on the 23rd  because I needed to reprice.  The purchase went through fine, it was bought with OBC.  I could see it in my planner. 

Today I went into my planner and the drink package was no longer there.  The OBC was there in the original full amount.  I called RCL and asked what happened to the package.  The sales person told me I had called and canceled it on the 24th.  Um, no, I did not.  He could not explain any further than that.

I ended up repurchasing and was happy the price had not gone up.  That would have really annoyed me.  

Anyways, sounds like your dates are the same as mine so keep your eye open and if you need to, give them a call to get it straightened out.  

I just called to see what is up.  The rep could see my purchase, unlike the rep the other day.  She did say there has been an issue with this sale and they can't see the purchases when they are first made.  She was able to send me a confirm and she also looked at my payment history and the package has changed from reserved to purchased.  Maybe my credit card will post the charge overnight but it is just weird that the pending charge is gone and the actual charge didn't post.  I am keeping notes with names and times and have everything printed out.  Not trying to throw my money at them but don't want to miss out on this price.  Will just have to wait and see....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The cynical person in me thinks this should be working in 2025. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

So a credit towards the credit card used...finally someone is thinking !