Royal's ships 2023/24

Posted (edited)

As you posted ,it looks like Serenade with port bookings,will be going to the Caribbean and not Australia.

That shoots my theory down in flames.

Edited by Chiliburn

I assume RC has the same issues with summer operations to NZ that Carnival is complaining about and may be choosing to limit their exposure in the same way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Chilli I read this as Voyager finishes Mediterranean duties early September 2025.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Destination.pdf

I’m booked on the last cruise out of Ravenna on the 27th October before the repositioning on November 3 .

Thats a month or more earlier than my bookings ,that’s about the time their ships move to east coast U.S.A.

Edited by Chiliburn

13 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The timing is right for Brisbane to hold onto Voyager (or surrogate) year round from 2026. With no more P&O in Brisbane, it should be a cakewalk. Royal is a more respected brand in QLD than Carnival.

There’s plenty of older ships they could deploy here . The Caribbean is getting pretty congested. But that $200k plus just to tie up in circular quay would scare anyone off.

Brisbane really has something going for a year round deployment with the extreme temperatures they are getting in the northern hemisphere . There’s a market for climate refugees , the snow birds or heat birds can fly a bit farther south to Brisbane.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

There’s plenty of older ships they could deploy here . The Caribbean is getting pretty congested. But that $200k plus just to tie up in circular quay would scare anyone off.

Brisbane really has something going for a year round deployment with the extreme temperatures they are getting in the northern hemisphere . There’s a market for climate refugees , the snow birds or heat birds can fly a bit farther south to Brisbane.

The 200K isn't a deterrent. You have been paying it for years. That is a $46 per passenger tax that is built into the port fees and charges part of your fare. It was already $30pp (130K) in 2015.

They could venture south for a few cruises out of Sydney too, but with more competition from Carnival. If they market it right and add even add Lelepa to itineraries, they can woo many of QLD's disaffected P&O cruisers away from Carnival.

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The 200K isn't a deterrent. You have been paying it for years. That is a $46 per passenger tax that is built into the port fees and charges part of your fare. It was already $30pp (130K) in 2015.

They could venture south for a few cruises out of Sydney too, but with more competition from Carnival. If they market it right and add even add Lelepa to itineraries, they can woo many of QLD's disaffected P&O cruisers away from Carnival.

Or even a bit of interporting during the winter months. That’s where they pick up passengers from Brisbane and Sydney .Then do a lap of the islands or Queensland coast. They wouldn’t have a problem filling a ship with locals and climate refugees.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Chilli check this one out.

Maybe around South Africa?

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2025_2026/2025-2026_Deployment_Summary_Ship.pdf

10 hours ago, springaussie said:

That’s what will probably happen and Serenade still isn’t deployed ,that’s unusual.

Its only a bit over a year away and Serenade hasn’t got anywhere confirmed as a home port.

50 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s what will probably happen and Serenade still isn’t deployed ,that’s unusual.

Its only a bit over a year away and Serenade hasn’t got anywhere confirmed as a home port.

Perhaps Serenade will take over the itineraries of a Vision class ship they plan to sell.  

11 hours ago, springaussie said:

Thx for sharing.  Looks almost certain they will run revenue (and why wouldn’t they). I’m hoping for Cape Town to Brisbane via Freo.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I think Serenade was the plan B for Brisbane 25/26. 

It is looking more likely Voyager will be here in Brisbane before Christmas 2025. 

22 hours ago, arxcards said:

We wouldn't take much wooing let me tell you.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff2802 said:

Thx for sharing.  Looks almost certain they will run revenue (and why wouldn’t they). I’m hoping for Cape Town to Brisbane via Freo.   

I’m booked on it and if it goes around Africa, I don’t think they will take passengers.

Fuel is in short supply and they would probably break it up into two cruises. I don’t think Capetown would handle the flights with a turn around .
Plus would they have enough Budweiser and Fosters in Africa to resupply the ship ?

But if they do tank passengers,I’m on it .

Edited by Chiliburn

56 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I’m booked on it and if it goes around Africa, I don’t think they will take passengers.

Fuel is in short supply and they would probably break it up into two cruises. I don’t think Capetown would handle the flights with a turn around .
Plus would they have enough Budweiser and Fosters in Africa to resupply the ship ?

But if they do tank passengers,I’m on it .

If the deployment guide proves to be correct, they have allowed around 3 months.  I’m guessing the sailings will be revenue.  They’re going to burn the fuel anyway.