First night steak house, tell me about the wine & dessert.

lasekeye

We are thinking of booking the steak house for the first night (our 1st time at that venue).

We aren’t usually wine drinkers…so I’m wondering if there are many different white wines to choose from that are in the “first night free category “.

Also, are the desserts on the menu the same as the MDR? (I’m gluten free).

The choice of free wine is one cheap white or cheap red. Or you can get 50% off of a decent wine of your choice. The desserts are nothing like the MDR. The cheesecake is huge. There is a fruit dessert which is fancy. No idea what is gluten free is.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 5:46 PM, lasekeye said:

Also, are the desserts on the menu the same as the MDR? (I’m gluten free).

Gluten free dessert options in the steakhouse are limited and not stellar. (think fruit or ice cream)

It does not share the MDR menu

59 minutes ago, Loopdan said:

Thanks for sharing these.

In the steakhouse are you allowed to order multiple starters, like in the MDR, or are you limited to just one?

You're welcome. Supposed to be just one starter, a salad, entree, and dessert. Sometimes exceptions or trades are made.

3 hours ago, appzoffear said:

Where is the crème brûlée?? Never seen a cruise ship steakhouse without a crème brûlée on the menu!!Cmon carnival step up your game-

I guess some people are stuck in a rut? You could try requesting one in advance and maybe they will make for you.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:39 PM, Loopdan said:

Thanks for sharing these.

In the steakhouse are you allowed to order multiple starters, like in the MDR, or are you limited to just one?

You can order two from Appetizers and two Sides - although they did not tell us that - Diners beside us only had one Appetizer - at one time Appetizers were divided into two sections and you ordered one from each - now all grouped together so I think people do not realize they can order two. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cellfree said:

You can order two from Appetizers and two Sides - although they did not tell us that - Diners beside us only had one Appetizer - at one time Appetizers were divided into two sections and you ordered one from each - now all grouped together so I think people do not realize they can order two. 

Thank you.  Now to decide what to have for entree.  Any one had the Waygu?  Is that better than the regular steak on the menu?

On 12/4/2021 at 7:57 PM, mrneil001 said:

No escargot?!?!?

They used to have escargot.  We were really disappointed when it was dropped. Same for the crème brulee.  My go-to now is the Chocolate Sphere or the Art of the Table, although for that one the entire table has to order it.  It's a neat experience!  I usually have the Surf N Turf for my entrée.  We actually enjoy the complimentary red wine from Chile in the steakhouse.  They've also allowed me to order two appetizers if I didn't want a salad.  They're usually pretty flexible if the request is within reason.  I bet if you asked for GF they would accommodate - you can always try.  I doubt you'd be the first to ask. We almost always dine in the steakhouse on the first night.  Enjoy whatever you decide to order!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

They used to have escargot.  We were really disappointed when it was dropped. Same for the crème brulee.  My go-to now is the Chocolate Sphere or the Art of the Table, although for that one the entire table has to order it.  It's a neat experience!  I usually have the Surf N Turf for my entrée.  We actually enjoy the complimentary red wine from Chile in the steakhouse.  They've also allowed me to order two appetizers if I didn't want a salad.  They're usually pretty flexible if the request is within reason.  I bet if you asked for GF they would accommodate - you can always try.  I doubt you'd be the first to ask. We almost always dine in the steakhouse on the first night.  Enjoy whatever you decide to order!

What is art on the table?  That sounds interesting 

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

What is art on the table?  That sounds interesting 

I understand from a very old thread that it is a picture made out of chocs and other delectables but has to be shared by the whole table.

• Like 1