Problem on the breakaway in NO

seaman11

Other than marine trackers that shows she is still in Port, are there any other updates as to her departure time and new itinerary? 

No offense, but I feel this thread is really off the track for those of us just looking for updates on Breakaway. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Babr said:

Yes, I’ve heard of spot checks by health department staff and local police to be sure people are actually staying at home.

I agree with you but you can now see why I retired. People just want to argue for no good reason. I saw to much death and destruction from Covid and still feel the effects emotionally. Take care. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Other than marine trackers that shows she is still in Port, are there any other updates as to her departure time and new itinerary? 

No offense, but I feel this thread is really off the track for those of us just looking for updates on Breakaway. 

Ppl onboard are posting what they can , we just have to be patient and wait for more news. I wouldnt expect an update beyond what we got till they sail. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

I agree with you but you can now see why I retired. People just want to argue for no good reason. I saw to much death and destruction from Covid and still feel the effects emotionally. Take care. 

Thank you for your service.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Agree and let’s keep it focused so it doesn’t get locked. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coldweather said:

I see the Breakaway is still at the dock. What is the status of boarding?  

IT has been reported all have boarded and ppl at the end of the line have gotten to their cabins, no news on when it will sail off yet.

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Here's link to NCL Breakaway's live shipcam, usually in real time (check the date/time stamped on the upper ... - it's been known to freeze and sometimes offline for maintenance & maritime safety reasons)   As of this moment, anchored & tied at the cruise pier, doesn't look like they are ready to sail yet - refresh it to check again. 

fullsize.jpg?browser_popup=640x480

Given all the knowns & unknowns, personally, I would reach into our EDC and get one of these, and wear it ... not required to wear one, not expected to but also not prohibited against using one - freedom of choice, FWIW.  

Delta variant still accounts current new cases confirmed and not Omicron, and, breakthrough infection but mostly with mild symptoms for the vaccinated are largely, undisputed scientific-medical facts ... not everybody believed it, however.  That's okay, to each her/his own.  

Reminds me to pack some energy snacks, crackers & the refillable water bottle ... delays happened before, when there're norovirus cases onboard that exceeded the 3% - just like now, embarkation for the subsequent sailing were massively delayed.  In addition to local health authorities with jurisdiction, I would not be surprised if the USCG and/or 

IMG_20211205_164501.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, ShowMeCruise said:

Just got to our room and we were near the tail end of the line.

Let the cruise begin!

Congratulations!! Hope your cruise is smoother than the start. Honestly how could it not? (lol, I hope I don't regret these words).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

What is the food situation , did you guys just go to the buffet for dinner?

Buffet only for us tonight and darn glad to have it.

We were starving.

They just announced all passengers are on board and we would be sailing shortly.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, phillygwm said:

So they have the capacity to more than double that?

Absolutely.  You must assume NCL and every other cruise line has prepared exactly for this situation.

On the Encore, they have a whole shoreside medical staff onboard just for covid testing.  I presume all the other ships do as well.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShowMeCruise said:

Buffet only for us tonight and darn glad to have it.

We were starving.

They just announced all passengers are on board and we would be sailing shortly.

Get some rest and have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 2

Just watching shipcam live update now, was offline before - lines released already from the cruise pier ... getting ready to push away from the terminal any moment now and get underway.  Released by authorities and clear to sail (USCG & US PHS had to board & conduct a comprehensive inspection before clearing the BA after norovirus was reported onboard, I would not be surprised if this was conducted as well ... in addition to other measures per local health officials)  I wonder if some of officials will remain onboard & sail down the River-Gulf Outlet Canal overnight before getting off. 

Have a safe one to all onboard, despite the delay ... Bon Voyage ☺️

And, washy washy, happy happy ! 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ShowMeCruise said:

The Breakaway is officially sailing!

11:26 pm CST 

Tonight would be a good one for those onboard and most likely, still awake to pop those free bubbling wine in the staterooms.  

Here she goes 

NCL BA New Orleans 5 Dec 2021 sailaway.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

It had to be agonizing waiting for everything, not knowing the restrictions, etc. The masks are no big deal. We wore them most places indoors on Carnival Magic the other week. Having to wait around with no information for so long had to be stressful. They should have allowed people to leave the terminal to at least get out and enjoy New Orleans. I would have been on Bourbon Street having a few cocktails while they sort things out.

• Like 2