Super Bowl on Liberty.

hcorey

I sailed on Brilliance for the SB a couple years ago, had a great time.  They had the game showing in the pub, the main theater and I believe on the pool deck.  Pub was crowded, usual menu, main theater had a smaller buffet of sorts set up in there.  

They will still show the game for sure, but what parties/events they might have with current COVID protocols is unknown at this time.

We have Cruised several times for the Superbowl and it is fun. We last were on to watch our own KC Chiefs win! We were watching in Aqua Theater and they had a buffet on deck. Another time we watched at Studio B, they had food too and cakes representing both teams. I'm not sure with Covid about food but you will definitely be able to watch it in several places on board. Have fun!

We have accidentally been onboard for the Super Bowl twice. They show it all over. Pre-covid there were usually food and parties at a venue. 

But I don't really like watching it onboard because there are no commercials. For me, part of the SB enjoyment comes from seeing the unique and funny commercials and the halftime show. They are all replaced with an endlessly repeating ESPN/NFL ad. :classic_sad:

58 minutes ago, RN4Nsy said:

We have Cruised several times for the Superbowl and it is fun. We last were on to watch our own KC Chiefs win! We were watching in Aqua Theater and they had a buffet on deck. Another time we watched at Studio B, they had food too and cakes representing both teams. I'm not sure with Covid about food but you will definitely be able to watch it in several places on board. Have fun!

Sounds like we were on the same cruise. LoL. I was actually sailing on MSC right before the pandemic started. Game showed on the big screen on the main pool deck. Game day food/snacks and seating set up to watch the game on the pool deck. Cakes decorated for each team and other food decorations. It was my birthday, super bowl in Miami, and we were sailing out of Miami. Plus, it was my first MSC cruise and I was on the beautiful Meraviglia. Man, that was a great day and an awesome cruise overall. I'm not sure what was offered in other areas/venues of the ship for the game because I watched from the pool deck. Only downside was that the funny commercials werent showing since they were using a satellite when we were out at sea or whatever the technical reason was. I forget, plus Im not a big tech person. But, they explained why we were not seeing the usually funny game commercials on the pool deck. Ship departed at 6 or 7. So, perfect timing. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I hope the other usual activities and venues will still be operating!

Agree...not all of us are sport fans. I don't mind saying the only sports I have any interest in are those  being played at the time by my grandchildren.

• Like 1

We were on Liberty two years ago for conference championship and games were on at pool deck, studio b and the bingo room( can’t remember the name ). I don’t remember if people were bringing food from wj or a special. buffet but it was great fun!

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We have accidentally been onboard for the Super Bowl twice. They show it all over. Pre-covid there were usually food and parties at a venue. 

But I don't really like watching it onboard because there are no commercials. For me, part of the SB enjoyment comes from seeing the unique and funny commercials and the halftime show. They are all replaced with an endlessly repeating ESPN/NFL ad. :classic_sad:

They used to show commercials on ships until RCI, and pretty much all cruise lines, stopped  carrying the major networks. 

• Thanks 1

We came off the Liberty yesterday. The big screen was not in service. And we could not find any TV showing the college championships. On Air was showing a movie with one person watching. But the wifi was stronger than we've seen before on a ship and we were able to stream it. Roll Tide. 

6 hours ago, loveslattes said:

We came off the Liberty yesterday. The big screen was not in service. And we could not find any TV showing the college championships. On Air was showing a movie with one person watching. But the wifi was stronger than we've seen before on a ship and we were able to stream it. Roll Tide. 

And Roll they did . Well prepared for the Bulldogs . Good coaching .

• Like 1