For those hesitant to sail...

I think each cruiser must weigh the pro's and con's to current and ever changing conditions to a cruise vacation. To some the joy is just being on a ship and others too many restrictions to make enjoyable. 

I just got off Symphony and to me felt like a ship close to capacity and with many venues having reduced seating it was a challenge to schedule or enjoy shows. Many areas  were encouraged to wear a mask but when bars were open there was no guidance. Elevators were packed , not always. but few paid attention to capacity guidelines. I have no issue wearing a mask but cant tell you how many times I left cabin and got half way down hall before realizing my mistake and turned back around. So just saying "it ain't the cruising" I recall and will wait for CALMER seas before trying again.

• Like 1

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next couple of months.  We did peak last year around the holidays - and so we could see a decline in cases by spring.  I'm trying to remain hopeful.  We are to sail on Oasis on March 6th.  We really don't want to cancel (and hope the cruise itself isn't cancelled).  

I do find myself wishing that RC would do what Disney and other lines have done - as far as requiring all passengers to be vaccinated.  I know RC caters to families - but so does Disney.  I also am aware that those of us vaccinated (and boosted) can get Covid - and can pass it to others, even if asymptomatic.  However - we are less likely to pass it on to others than those unvaccinated - as we'd be more likely to carry a lower viral load.  

We don't mind wearing a mask.  It's a minor inconvenience compared to the alternative. Our daughter is a teacher - she wears a mask all day when at school - including for after-school activities (she coaches).  It'll be less comfortable to have to wear one in vaccinated venues - but it'll also be safer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been flying every month since June 2020 so that we could go and travel since our cruises were canceled.  One month Cancun, one month Punta Cana.  Never worried about a thing

Started cruising again in August 2021 and have been on Adventure, Freedom and Explorer and leaving on Freedom again Friday for Christmas

12 cruises and Punta Cana and Cancun booked for 2022 and cannot wait to keep it going.

We never worry about anything and just go and have a great time.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, jwc1027 said:

I think each cruiser must weigh the pro's and con's to current and ever changing conditions to a cruise vacation. To some the joy is just being on a ship and others too many restrictions to make enjoyable. 

I just got off Symphony and to me felt like a ship close to capacity and with many venues having reduced seating it was a challenge to schedule or enjoy shows. Many areas  were encouraged to wear a mask but when bars were open there was no guidance. Elevators were packed , not always. but few paid attention to capacity guidelines. I have no issue wearing a mask but cant tell you how many times I left cabin and got half way down hall before realizing my mistake and turned back around. So just saying "it ain't the cruising" I recall and will wait for CALMER seas before trying again.

I'm Just off the Symphony sailing as well. Had a great time. Was able to reserve all the shows I wanted to attend within like 10 minutes of being on the ship. And, I was able to get into a couple without a reservation when my plans changed later during the sailing. Yes, the shop felt full enough to me also. I  cant imagine what an actual full ship would feel like, and I dont want to know, hahahaha.  I reserved that sailing specifically because I wanted to sail before passenger counts increased even more. The price was good, so I jumped on booking it. As stated by others, I think it just depends on what people enjoy doing on ships. I was in outdoor venues a lot. I found great spaces that were not crowded. For some reason, sometimes everyone likes to congregate in the same areas. Maybe they just havent explored other options or researched the ship much beforehand to know other options. I'm not sure. But, I love having space so I usually research ships. For shows, I usually had an empty seat beside me on both sides of me. I ate dinner in the Solarium Bistro a few times instead of the MDR so I could enjoy the calmness of the space. I had made a reservation for one night in advance of the sailing and got 2 more nights there during the sailing. In the MDR, I asked for a table location that I felt comfortable with. Overall, it was a great cruise. wish I would have sailed in October when passenger counts on various ships were lower. Sounds lovely. Oh, for elevators, I was able to manage that also. Many times, I was the only person in an elevator or maybe with one other group. It was rare, that I was in a packed elevator. And when that did happen, I let people know.  Not sure how that happened, but that was my experience all week that when I pressed the elevator button and empty one would arrive and I could get to my destination without too much company for the ride.  There are so many options for choices that will help people feel more comfortable. I know that some people are fixated on recent news, but I've been around for a while. It's no surprise how stuff gets presented at times so I expected the response. I will certainly sail again when I find a great deal. I love good deals 😁. Happy holidays everyone! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jwc1027 said:

We were on Oasis for the December 5 sailing. I totally share your sentiments. 

14 hours ago, karena1 said:

We have been flying every month since June 2020 so that we could go and travel since our cruises were canceled.  One month Cancun, one month Punta Cana.  Never worried about a thing

Started cruising again in August 2021 and have been on Adventure, Freedom and Explorer and leaving on Freedom again Friday for Christmas

12 cruises and Punta Cana and Cancun booked for 2022 and cannot wait to keep it going.

Love. your attitude! 

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

Good for you! 🙂  We have kept travelling plenty the last two years.  Not cruising yet as we aren't interested in the restrictions and changes.  Looking forward to 3 months in Free Florida soon.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2