N95 masks made in, and sold from Canada

muffin

23 minutes ago, gubby said:

Did you order these from the previous link- Brower Medical. My spouse wants to try the behind head loop.

No, I purchased them from Canada Strong https://canadastrongmasks.ca/

See post #45. They keep selling out, but restock quickly. They were out of stock when I ordered, but received them in under 2 weeks.

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

See post #45. They keep selling out, but restock quickly. They were out of stock when I ordered, but received them in under 2 weeks.

Thank you. I used your link and was able to be waitlisted to order. The cost was $ 16.90 for 5 masks with the headband. Is that the correct one? Appreciate your guidance as always.

56 minutes ago, gubby said:

Thank you. I used your link and was able to be waitlisted to order. The cost was $ 16.90 for 5 masks with the headband. Is that the correct one? Appreciate your guidance as always.

As you are talking about a 5-pack, I suspect that you are looking at the CAN99. I decided to go with the N95PR-W (https://canadastrongmasks.ca/collections/adult-respirators-made-in-canada/products/kross-direct-n95-particulate-respirator-mask-made-in-canada) which is available in a 20-pack, of which I purchased 2. 

With all of the choices from all of the marketing webpages, my final choice was made quickly when an article in the Ottawa Citizen on December 24th was accompanied by this photo:

1926566334_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_37_58PM.thumb.png.0e67ed3507d65e772e9ddee17b94f088.png

If this mask was good enough for Dr. Seymour, I felt that it would be good enough for me and placed my order that morning.

Thanks, Fouremco. I asked to be notified when back in stock, and will order at that time.

I am not familiar with Dr Seymour.

It appears you feel about him the way Kingstonians feel about Dr Keenan Moore. He did a fantastic job of helping keep us safe from Covid prior to his June promotion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, waiting2retire said:

Thanks @Fouremco. I just added myself to the list to be notified when these masks are back in stock. Good to know you find them comfortable as I also wear hearing aids and glasses. Too much stuff tucked behind the ears!!

However, my DW says that I don't have enough BETWEEN the ears! 🙃

• Haha 4

We have tried to order N95 masks from CanadaStrong for a few weeks now and their inventory sells out in minutes whenever they re-stock. They are re-stocking now through a US supplier to help satisfy the demand.

We ultimately pre-ordered from a different company in Canada and shipments are scheduled to begin January 17/22. The masks are more expensive than your typical big box store, but we prefer to buy Canadian whenever we can. Cost is $76.99 plus tax plus shipping for a box of 30.

https://shop.vitacore.ca/products/can95e-black-earloop-version?pr_prod_strat=collection_fallback&pr_rec_pid=7164525215906&pr_ref_pid=6022431998114&pr_seq=uniform

When we ordered earlier this month, there was a discount code of CanadaPost15 where we received a 15% reduction.

Just an option.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Schmoe38 said:

We have tried to order N95 masks from CanadaStrong for a few weeks now and their inventory sells out in minutes whenever they re-stock. They are re-stocking now through a US supplier to help satisfy the demand.

We ultimately pre-ordered from a different company in Canada and shipments are scheduled to begin January 17/22. The masks are more expensive than your typical big box store, but we prefer to buy Canadian whenever we can. Cost is $76.99 plus tax plus shipping for a box of 30.

https://shop.vitacore.ca/products/can95e-black-earloop-version?pr_prod_strat=collection_fallback&pr_rec_pid=7164525215906&pr_ref_pid=6022431998114&pr_seq=uniform

When we ordered earlier this month, there was a discount code of CanadaPost15 where we received a 15% reduction.

Just an option.

Randy

Vitacore manufactures a number of masks, including the CAN99 Surgical Respirator, the CAN95 Surgical Respirator, and the CAN95e, which you have ordered.

Both the CAN99 and the CAN95 are "Authorized medical devices for uses related to COVID-19" (Health Canada), and are both CSA and CE FFP3 certified.

On the other hand, the CAN95e has not been authorized or certified by anybody, yet is only 10¢ per mask cheaper than the highly rated CAN95.

Meanwhile, still available at Canada Strong is the NIOSH N95 approved Dräger X-plore 1750. And it costs .33¢ less per mask than the CAN95e with your 15% discount.

As you say, the CAN95e is only an option, but when you can get a far better mask that is NIOSH N95 rated and pay .33¢ less per mask, it might not be the best option IMO.

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Vitacore manufactures a number of masks, including the CAN99 Surgical Respirator, the CAN95 Surgical Respirator, and the CAN95e, which you have ordered.

Both the CAN99 and the CAN95 are "Authorized medical devices for uses related to COVID-19" (Health Canada), and are both CSA and CE FFP3 certified.

On the other hand, the CAN95e has not been authorized or certified by anybody, yet is only 10¢ per mask cheaper than the highly rated CAN95.

Meanwhile, still available at Canada Strong is the NIOSH N95 approved Dräger X-plore 1750. And it costs .33¢ less per mask than the CAN95e with your 15% discount.

As you say, the CAN95e is only an option, but when you can get a far better mask that is NIOSH N95 rated and pay .33¢ less per mask, it might not be the best option IMO.

I pre ordered some of the Drager masks as well. Currently they are only available in white, whereas the Vitacore order allowed us to get black masks. When both companies eventually ship, we’ll have some of each.

Randy

1 minute ago, Schmoe38 said:

I pre ordered some of the Drager masks as well. Currently they are only available in white, whereas the Vitacore order allowed us to get black masks. When both companies eventually ship, we’ll have some of each.

Randy

Great. Let us know how they compare and how you like the head bands on the Dräger compared to the ear loops on the CAN95e. 

On 1/7/2022 at 3:56 PM, waiting2retire said:

Thanks @Fouremco. I just added myself to the list to be notified when these masks are back in stock. Good to know you find them comfortable as I also wear hearing aids and glasses. Too much stuff tucked behind the ears!!

Check more than once and don't relay on waiting for the email.  I'm also on the list to receive emails when they are back in stock and it's usually days after I've already noticed they are back in stock myself and purchased them.

We've been buying the kids and adults CAN-N95s.

• Like 2

I too wanted black masks. Every time I got an email indicating stock, by the time I brought up the site it was out of stock. I gave up and was able to order white DENT-X FN-N95-508. Had to order 50, 10 was shown as out of stock.

I admit to being somewhat confused as to standard compliance. I thought 95PFE was a CSA standard. Apparently not. CSA compliant masks have to be labeled and are rated 95PFE-L#, where # is 1, 2, or 3. Further, each mask has to have various data printed on it. So I guess the masks I bought are not CSA compliant, but the manufacturer thinks they could be if it was willing to pay the fees, etc.

Ordered Jan 7, received this morning. Acccording to the tracking data Purolator managed to "miss" a connection at the Mississauga warehouse which delayed delivery a day.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:45 PM, Fouremco said:

As you are talking about a 5-pack, I suspect that you are looking at the CAN99. I decided to go with the N95PR-W (https://canadastrongmasks.ca/collections/adult-respirators-made-in-canada/products/kross-direct-n95-particulate-respirator-mask-made-in-canada) which is available in a 20-pack, of which I purchased 2. 

With all of the choices from all of the marketing webpages, my final choice was made quickly when an article in the Ottawa Citizen on December 24th was accompanied by this photo:

1926566334_ScreenShot2022-01-07at3_37_58PM.thumb.png.0e67ed3507d65e772e9ddee17b94f088.png

If this mask was good enough for Dr. Seymour, I felt that it would be good enough for me and placed my order that morning.

As of this morning, they are back in stock. $29.90 for 20; $175 for 120.  Plus tax and shipping.

• Like 1

I just ordered a pack of 20 of these. I will let you know how my spouse feels about the head band. They should be here this week. Although a registered letter I sent via Canada Post mailed on Dec. 23 was not  delivered less than 5 km away until Jan. 6. Christmas Rush????

On 1/12/2022 at 10:35 AM, Fouremco said:

Thank you for your recommendations for the Kross and Drager masks.  Much appreciated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gubby said:

I just ordered a pack of 20 of these. I will let you know how my spouse feels about the head band. They should be here this week. Although a registered letter I sent via Canada Post mailed on Dec. 23 was not  delivered less than 5 km away until Jan. 6. Christmas Rush????

I was chatting to a friend last week, she works for canada post. She said covid has been ripping through canada post employees at the sorting station. They were very short staffed.

I feel bad

4 minutes ago, sun~ said:

I was chatting to a friend last week, she works for canada post. She said covid has been ripping through canada post employees at the sorting station. They were very short staffed.

I feel badly for covid infected employees if that is the case. However, I paid over $12 to register a letter that travelled less than 5 km and took 15 days to get there. Even over the holidays and short staffed that is a touch excessive.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, Fouremco said:

Thanks for the link which I accessed as soon as I read it;  all masks sold out but you could leave your email address so they'd advise when masks back in stock.   Yesterday they DID follow up with an email and I ordered the one mask style that was available.  Hope to receive in a few days. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the link which I accessed as soon as I read it;  all masks sold out but you could leave your email address so they'd advise when masks back in stock.   Yesterday they DID follow up with an email and I ordered the one mask style that was available.  Hope to receive in a few days. 

Further to above...this is the one available and we ordered.  Hope they fit...DH has a 'big head'....LOL....and they are among the approved and recommeded.

Kross N95 Headband Particulate Respirator Mask - Made in Canada × 1

Edited by Oceangoer2