San Francisco princess docks

waterbabyfish

2 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

Can someone tell me what area of San Francisco do the ships tie up? trying to put together a self tour.Tia

If you need help, direct message me. The marina district is a bit far away but you can do some things on your own in San Francisco that will be amazing. I can offer some ideas based on your activity level, interests, and available time.

Ever since the stores  being robbed  by thugs  ,we have placed the city of San Francisco  on the do not travel list  . It is a shame of what  has happened to a once beautiful city  .  We wanted to plan a  Alaska  cruise on Ruby Princess ;but ,now will wait to see if   the  authorities  clean up the crime & drug  needles 

There is no way I would park my car for a  10 day cruise & feel it was safe .  We can hope one day SF will return to it's former   good self 

4 hours ago, EDDY0827 said:

Waterfront Parking Plaza

80 Francisco St.

S.F.

5 min. walk including crossing Embarcadero.

https://www.impark.com/san-francisco-bay/cruise-parking/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_content=0270055&utm_campaign=local_us

Thats It!  Thanks Eddy.

Its actually closer to Pier 35, but not that far from Pier 27.

Weve never had a prob long term pkg there.

19 hours ago, waterbabyfish said:

Can someone tell me what area of San Francisco do the ships tie up? trying to put together a self tour.Tia

Pier 27 is on the Embarcadero, almost directly in between the Ferry Building and Fisherman's Wharf in the other direction.  There is great access to public transportation (BART or MUNI) and since the waterfront area is all flat and has sidewalks, there are so many things to that are within walking distance.  We oftentimes play tourists when one of our ports of call is in San Francisco.  If you haven't gone to Alcatraz yet, that is my #1 recommendation.  You can get tickets directly on the official website about 90 days out.  

There are also ferries that will take you out to Angel Island from the city.  I think it may be closed but may reopen by the time you come out this way.  

I also think a walk around Fisherman's Wharf and the Ferry Building might be of interest and you can even catch a cable car from the Wharf side that will take you for a ride up to Powell Street.  We went out to Hyde Street Pier and had a wonderful tour a couple of years back.  Ghirardelli Square is also down on that end of the Wharf.  And a tour of the USS Pampanito was also quite good.  All of these are within walking distance of Pier 27.    

For areas where you would need a car ... I highly recommend Muir Woods or maybe even the Napa Valley, although, that's quite a bit further than you may want to venture.  

If you are thinking of coming out in the summer, know that the weather can be cold and damp as soon as that fog rolls in, even after a warm sunny day.  

• Like 1

Super easy to get around via Uber and since SF is so compact, it’s reasonably priced to go short distances. I believe the Hop on Hop off bus stops by the cruise terminal as well.

P.S. I’m a big fan of Alcatraz as well.

Edited by coopco

14 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Pier 27 is on the Embarcadero, almost directly in between the Ferry Building and Fisherman's Wharf in the other direction.  There is great access to public transportation (BART or MUNI) and since the waterfront area is all flat and has sidewalks, there are so many things to that are within walking distance.  We oftentimes play tourists when one of our ports of call is in San Francisco.  If you haven't gone to Alcatraz yet, that is my #1 recommendation.  You can get tickets directly on the official website about 90 days out.  

There are also ferries that will take you out to Angel Island from the city.  I think it may be closed but may reopen by the time you come out this way.  

I also think a walk around Fisherman's Wharf and the Ferry Building might be of interest and you can even catch a cable car from the Wharf side that will take you for a ride up to Powell Street.  We went out to Hyde Street Pier and had a wonderful tour a couple of years back.  Ghirardelli Square is also down on that end of the Wharf.  And a tour of the USS Pampanito was also quite good.  All of these are within walking distance of Pier 27.    

For areas where you would need a car ... I highly recommend Muir Woods or maybe even the Napa Valley, although, that's quite a bit further than you may want to venture.  

If you are thinking of coming out in the summer, know that the weather can be cold and damp as soon as that fog rolls in, even after a warm sunny day.  

Thank you this helps alot...I now know I have options.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

There is no way I would park my car for a  10 day cruise & feel it was safe .  

As someone who has friends and relatives throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area, I can tell you your car will be fine for 10 days in a parking garage on the Embarcadero if you use common sense (like dont leave valuables exposed in your car). 

Unfortunately, certain media outlets have taken it up themselves to constantly bash San Francisco and other major US cities because of the politics of those cities.  In fact, tourists are perfectly safe in San Francisco if you stick to the tourist areas.  And the Embarcadero,  Fisherman's Wharf, and the Marina Districts are a few of those safe tourist areas.

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, palolake said:

May I ask where you got this map and what the numbers mean?

That looks like a map from the brochure for the Big Bus, an open top tourist bus.  The red numbers would be stops along the line.