Proof of vaccination

ak1004

8 hours ago, DHLuCruise said:

Sorry I don't see why that means stop cruising

I have a very low anxiety tolerance.

I didn't mean to imply that this factor alone is enough to stop cruising. All the little things add up. Testing time tables outbound and inbound, fear of test results, variants, travel documentation requirements, etc.

Edited by broberts

On 12/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, Froufie said:

I don't think you can print those out anymore?  I think on the website you can no only access the 'new' qr code version - if I am wrong please let me know!

Correct.  And for Ontario they changed it to include the Canadian Flag so its now the Canadian International Vax Certif.   I've lost count of how many versions there have been.  I've save all the ones I acquired as pdf's to my desktop!   Nuts!! 

You can print the original slips from the email you received after each dose.  

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 12:59 AM, DMParisHoneymoon said:

A rather interesting/annoying/funny experience regarding providing proof of vax at Cape Liberty port last week. 

We uploaded our passport version (like the one @Fouremco posted) on the Royal app ahead of the cruise, which was approved by Royal a week or so in advance. Naturally this was the main document we brought with us to show at port, but brought the original proof slips (as @ak1004 originally posted) just in case. 

It's cruise day, we are excited and we get to the check in desk after passing security and metal detectors. The port check in agent went through all of the normal check in items with us, and then it came time to show our proof of vaccination. The agent asks for our vaccination 'card' (aka American proof) and so we show our vaccine passport print out. She looks at it and was all like 'What is this?'. I explain that this is our Canadian proof of vaccination, and if you look at the bottom it shows the dates and vaccine types received. She then was like 'no, no, I need your card'. Once again I explain that this is our version of our card. She then explains if we received a card after we were vaccinated, and I explained yes and then showed our original vax slips. She said 'this is the proper proof I need'. I then showed how the slips contain the EXACT same information as show on the passport paper. She just said 'let me take this to my supervisor', and then brought both the passport and slips to her supervisor. After a few moments deliberation she comes back and says, 'I accept the slips for the ship, what you use as a passport is good for home' and then said to her neighbour agent - Canadians you need to see the original slips not this paper thing as though she was the authority of period of vaccinations.

I was HIGHLY annoyed and frustrated at this point with the lack of education and insistence of only 'accepting' the slips because it's what most resembled the cards (aka the American way) and thought to myself that I'd expect this in FL but not in NJ/NY being so close to Canada and such. BUT, this frustration quickly dissipated as she then gave us our bracelets and cleared us to board. And then, before you knew it we were making our way towards the ship and was onboard just a few moments later - and let me tell you there is no more exciting feeling in the world then crossing that gangway and taking your first steps onboard the ship!

In hindsight I realized after that this really wasn't worth me making a big deal about, and was glad that we at least brought our slips as back-up. All this to say - it doesn't hurt to bring both proofs with you, just in case you face a slightly ignorant Port check in agent like we did ! 

Wow! I’m glad you were prepared with the the back up paperwork. I will bring both the former 2 page proof of vaccination plus the new Ontario passport page….digital and paper copies of all of these, for our upcoming cruise. When we cruised on the 2nd sailing of Ovation in August, the Seattle port agent seemed quite confused by our vaccine papers, but that was understandable as I think there were few Canadians on board (we may have been the only ones, actually) and this was all still new. No issues with boarding thankfully. 

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded and printed our enhanced Ontario vaccine certificate (with the QR code), a few weeks ago, after we got our booster.  Both showed that we had three shots.  Today I figured I'd print another copy to put with our travel papers. I could have printed the PDF from my computer but for whatever reason, I went into the Ontario.ca portal to print a copy.  Mine is now missing one vaccine (only shows 2) and DH is missing 2 vaccines (only shows 1).  The Moderna shots we got are not showing up.  Anybody else have this happen?  Three weeks ago when I downloaded them, everything was there.  Strange!  I have all the individual receipts showing each vaccine but just wonder why they are not showing up now on the "official" vaccine certificate.

Very strange. I just checked mine and the download was accurate, so it's not a total system meltdown.  Still, just shows why we save copies of everything. Imagine if you were heading out for a cruise, hadn't kept the old receipts and were depending on today's download. Wow!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

The QR code download for the third shot was very easy to download and to put into the apple wallet 

it took about a minute 

Just one note for people that don't use Safari as their default browser. This only works when you download in Safari. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, but decided to try in Safari, and everything worked fine.

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Very strange. I just checked mine and the download was accurate, so it's not a total system meltdown.  Still, just shows why we save copies of everything. Imagine if you were heading out for a cruise, hadn't kept the old receipts and were depending on today's download. Wow!

Thanks for checking.  Glad yours was accurate.   That was exactly my thoughts...what if we had no backup copies and were heading out somewhere where we needed this.  I probably should  contact the provincial vaccine centre to find out why the vaccines are missing.  I'd be more concerned if I didn't have all the individual printouts. 

• Like 1