Questions regarding Navigator of the Seas

Some questions regarding the Navigator of the Seas:

1. Is the outdoor Promenade deck on Deck 5?  Can you walk all the way around?
  2. Is the Cafe Promenade the only place you can get pizza?  What kind is available?  Thin crust?  Toppings?
  3. We are two people traveling with early dining.  Do they seat you at a table for two or do they seat you with others?
  4. Do you need to make reservations for ice show, comedians, theater events, games?  When do you do it?  I don't see anything on the Cruise Planner.

Thanks very much for your help!

I have more questions…..sorry, new to Royal

5. How many electrical outlets does a stateroom have and where are they located?

6. Is there a formal night on the 3 night cruise?  How about the four night cruise?

7. If you bought a drink package, are you able to get a drink right away or does something have to be activated?

8.  If you bought the internet package, how does it get activated?

10 minutes ago, Californian said:

5. How many electrical outlets does a stateroom have and where are they located?

7. If you bought a drink package, are you able to get a drink right away or does something have to be activated?

By the desk usually US and European. 
Drink as soon as you get on board. 
While setting up the login, you can activate your VOOM purchase. 

1 hour ago, Californian said:

6. Is there a formal night on the 3 night cruise?  How about the four night cruise?

I just disembarked Navigator on Friday... can't recall any details about the outside promenade but let's see what else I can answer:

Pizza: I didn't notice any pizza in the buffet but it's available for most of the day at Cafe Promenade. Four varieties were available every day. If I recall correctly, they always had cheese, vegetarian, and pepperoni available. The fourth pizza was different every day - I remember having BBQ chicken one day, carnivore another day, and a variation on Hawaiian pizza (bacon & pineapple) a third. I ate a lot of pizza on this cruise.

Outlets: I was in a regular balcony cabin. There were two US outlets at the desk. There was at least one European outlet as well but I'm blanking on if there was a second one. No USB ports at the desk. No outlets or USB ports by the bed/sofa. FYI, the bathroom only had bar hand soap and a shower dispenser with combination hair/body wash. If you're even slightly picky about your hair, bring your own shampoo & conditioner.

Drink package: As soon as you step onboard, you can order drinks; if you don't have your sail card yet (cabins open at 2pm), just give your room number. If you want the soda cup for the Freestyle machines, pick that up at the Cafe Promenade bar.

Zoom: When onboard, connect to the ship guest wifi and open the Royal Caribbean app. Click on the profile icon (upper right) and scroll down to Internet packages. Follow the instructions there to connect. There's a Zoom help desk near Guest Services on 5.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw a really good video on Navigator put together by Matt of Royal Caribbean blog. He share an outdoor walking area on deck 4, but I don't believe it goes all the way around. It does bring you up to the helipad too. 

And also on the video, I think he showed the walking/jogging track in on deck 12. 

According to the photos on cruisedeckplans.com, it is indeed on Deck 4.  It's from the bow all the way around to the bow on the other side, and then for a little extra cardio, there is a flight of steps on each side, and you walk across to the other set of steps down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

Drink package: As soon as you step onboard, you can order drinks; if you don't have your sail card yet (cabins open at 2pm), just give your room number. If you want the soda cup for the Freestyle machines, pick that up at the Cafe Promenade bar.

Zoom: When onboard, connect to the ship guest wifi and open the Royal Caribbean app. Click on the profile icon (upper right) and scroll down to Internet packages. Follow the instructions there to connect. There's a Zoom help desk near Guest Services on 5.

Great info-will be good to know as we pre-purchased a combo package for our upcoming cruise December 16.  My question for you is:  How was debarking?  Did you have long lines as you left the ship? What was the process re:going through immigration?  Just wondering how much time it will all take in car we want to pre-book a car to take us to John Wayne (SNA) airport.  Thanks for the tips! Julie

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

According to the photos on cruisedeckplans.com, it is indeed on Deck 4.  It's from the bow all the way around to the bow on the other side, and then for a little extra cardio, there is a flight of steps on each side, and you walk across to the other set of steps down.

Exactly.

We walked around Deck 4 everyday...about an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. Up the stairs, in the front, you'll walk by the helipad...then back down the port side...port side is designated as a smoking area.  We didn't see very many walkers but had to navigate around a few people playing shuffleboard and a number of crew members walking to and from their assignments.

• Like 2

Disembarkation was a breeze...no more lines. You will be given luggage tags, and you simply watch the tv in your cabin until your luggage tag number is cleared to disembark. (No announcements are made)

Immigration took only a few seconds...Officer looks at your passport, asked to put your mask down...and you are out the terminal.

Disembarkation started around 7:00 am and the ship was cleared of passengers by 9:30 am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Exactly.

We walked around Deck 4 everyday...about an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. Up the stairs, in the front, you'll walk by the helipad...then back down the port side...port side is designated as a smoking area.  We didn't see very many walkers but had to navigate around a few people playing shuffleboard and a number of crew members walking to and from their assignments.

<chuckle>

I'm picturing people with walkers, shuffling along.  😄

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Californian said:

So, if you are in a wheelchair you would not be able to go all around Deck 4?

You can go almost all the way around on deck 4, just use the forward entrance by the theater and go inside to avoid the helipad stairs.

16 hours ago, yogagal47 said:

Great info-will be good to know as we pre-purchased a combo package for our upcoming cruise December 16.  My question for you is:  How was debarking?  Did you have long lines as you left the ship? What was the process re:going through immigration?  Just wondering how much time it will all take in car we want to pre-book a car to take us to John Wayne (SNA) airport.  Thanks for the tips! Julie

It is less than 40 miles, give yourself a comfortable hour. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 4:58 PM, coastcat said:

I had to go to the Zoom help desk, they’re very helpful!  Following the login instructions wasn’t working - turns out it was because I had my VPN enabled. So, if you have this on your phone, you’ll have to turn it off for the duration. 

There is a dress(ier) night on night 2 of a 4 night cruise.

Have you downloaded the phone app yet?  It has a cruise planner in it, and you can make all your reservations and see the suggested dress for the evening it it.  As soon as you can connect to RCCL's wifi (some say even in the terminal), you can start.