Going ashore testing - Canaries

kevboy

Sorry if this question has been asked before but what is the latest on needing to be tested before going ashore on the Christmas Canaries cruise? P&O said a couple of weeks ago that most places they visit dont require tests but has anything changed in the last 2 weeks?  My family of four going ashore at each of the 5 ports of call would cost over £350 for onboard testing. Can any recent or current cruisers in the Canaries provide any information please.

regards and thank you

kev

1 minute ago, kevboy said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before but what is the latest on needing to be tested before going ashore on the Christmas Canaries cruise? P&O said a couple of weeks ago that most places they visit dont require tests but has anything changed in the last 2 weeks?  My family of four going ashore at each of the 5 ports of call would cost over £350 for onboard testing. Can any recent or current cruisers in the Canaries provide any information please.

regards and thank you

kev

No testing currently required for the Canaries, but if the rules are the same as for Spain, children need to be fully vaccinated if they wish to go ashore.

9 minutes ago, kevboy said:

regards and thank you

kev

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/PO-Cruises-A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-8-Dec.pdf

That's my understanding too. But be aware any positive test and it's most likely that you'll be taken off the ship and placed in quarantine in Spain. That's what is really worrying me. Why are P&O offering passengers on cruises to Spain the option of rebooking?

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Well I have read both articles and still not 100% certain what the situation might be. I do wish govt directives would cut out all the options and give plain simple instructions of the basic requirements.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Well I have read both articles and still not 100% certain what the situation might be. I do wish govt directives would cut out all the options and give plain simple instructions of the basic requirements.

It is pretty convoluted,  I agree, but as far as UK visitors are concerned,  it appears that everyone over 12 has to show a certificate stating that they have received a full vaccination course. That means that those children who have only had one vaccination will be denied entry. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:04 AM, wowzz said:

It is pretty convoluted,  I agree, but as far as UK visitors are concerned,  it appears that everyone over 12 has to show a certificate stating that they have received a full vaccination course. That means that those children who have only had one vaccination will be denied entry. 

Unvaccinated children being allowed on cruises in the first place surely must be coming under question again?

• Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 10:09 AM, kevboy said:

regards and thank you

kev

Hello,just returned on 11th dec. on Iona which should have been 14 nts but ended up 13 due to weather,recieved obc of £75 each as goodwill gesture,also just put in a claim on our ins.All of the spanish ports we're fine (no tests),the Lisbon stop required an antigen test to be taken two days prior to arival at a cost of £18 each.If your stopping at Lisbon or Madeira i would say the same will apply.We declined and stayed on board with many others as failing the test would have meant quaranteen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WECRUISEUK said:

Hello,just returned on 11th dec. on Iona which should have been 14 nts but ended up 13 due to weather,recieved obc of £75 each as goodwill gesture,also just put in a claim on our ins.All of the spanish ports we're fine (no tests),the Lisbon stop required an antigen test to be taken two days prior to arival at a cost of £18 each.If your stopping at Lisbon or Madeira i would say the same will apply.We declined and stayed on board with many others as failing the test would have meant quaranteen.

Thanks really great to know, thanks. On Iona on Sat - well, if all goes well! - and visiting those ports…….but not unhappy to stay onboard to be honest 

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1