Navigator of the Seas -Live

shanhowl

Just boarded Navigator for the 3 day cruise out of LA! Check in time was 12, we are suite guests so they told us we could come an hour early. 
Our shuttle driver was early to pick us up in Hollywood so we arrived at the cruise port 30 mins early. We knew we were early, insisted on just letting us sitting outside until around check in time. They wouldn’t allow it- wanted to take our bags and get us in line assuring us it was totally fine!

We we’re through the check in line within 10 mins, sat down for 5 before calling Boy Voyage and allowing us in the ship.

Everyone had their documentation printed out, vaccination cards ready, negative Covid tests printed out. 

From the time we stepped out of the car, took our bags- we were on the ship in about 20 minutes with a drink in our hand! 

In terms of Covid test- I was super nervous about this part. I read a lot about the Emed tests at home. Best decision ever! We did them Sat morning at our home before our flight to LA. Had results a couple of minutes and it was extremely refreshing to know all was good before we even left our house to travel! Highly recommend this method of testing. 
We did book test at the pier as a back up option if the at home didn’t work but cancelled once we knew the at home tests were good! 

We are looking forward to the next few days! 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, shanhowl said:

From the time we stepped out of the car, took our bags- we were on the ship in about 20 minutes with a drink in our hand! 

Awesome! We sail in a GS on her in February. Which type of suite are you in? How far in advance did the concierge email you regarding your suite options? Enjoy your cruise and thanks for taking us along! 

12 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Awesome! We sail in a GS on her in February. Which type of suite are you in? How far in advance did the concierge email you regarding your suite options? Enjoy your cruise and thanks for taking us along! 

We originally booked Oceanview, was available to big on panoramic suite but decided to splurge and upgrade ourselves to Grand Suite a few days ago. We received and email a few days ago just giving us details on amenities. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shanhowl said:

We originally booked Oceanview, was available to big on panoramic suite but decided to splurge and upgrade ourselves to Grand Suite a few days ago. We received and email a few days ago just giving us details on amenities. 

Fun! We will be in Suite 1298. Let us know if you hear any noise from the above pool deck. Thanks again. 

26 minutes ago, shanhowl said:

We did book test at the pier as a back up option if the at home didn’t work but cancelled once we knew the at home tests were good! 

How do you book a test at the pier?  I can't find it on their web site nor did I get an email explaining how to do it.

14 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

How do you book a test at the pier?  I can't find it on their web site nor did I get an email explaining how to do it.

Yes first I am hearing about testing at the pier.  This would be great as no Walgreens in CA  are offering the Rapid Test and so far we have not found any CVS that is offering it either.  We will probably just do home test but an additional option would be great. 

44 minutes ago, shanhowl said:

Just boarded Navigator for the 3 day cruise out of LA! Check in time was 12, we are suite guests so they told us we could come an hour early. 
Our shuttle driver was early to pick us up in Hollywood so we arrived at the cruise port 30 mins early. We knew we were early, insisted on just letting us sitting outside until around check in time. They wouldn’t allow it- wanted to take our bags and get us in line assuring us it was totally fine!

We we’re through the check in line within 10 mins, sat down for 5 before calling Boy Voyage and allowing us in the ship.

Everyone had their documentation printed out, vaccination cards ready, negative Covid tests printed out. 

In terms of Covid test- I was super nervous about this part. I read a lot about the Emed tests at home. Best decision ever! We did them Sat morning at our home before our flight to LA. Had results a couple of minutes and it was extremely refreshing to know all was good before we even left our house to travel! Highly recommend this method of testing. 

Have a wonderful time.  Looking forward to "riding" along with you so we are ready for next month. 

17 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

Click on which port you are leaving from at the bottom of the page and you can book 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imola said:

Yes first I am hearing about testing at the pier.  This would be great as no Walgreens in CA  are offering the Rapid Test and so far we have not found any CVS that is offering it either.  We will probably just do home test but an additional option would be great. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-dont-find-a-pre-cruise-test-or-get-test-results-in-time

• Like 1

The ship really is empty.  We went to a few bars before dinner at Chop’s last night and they were empty.  No people watching at all.  Chops was excellent.  When we arrived, had a bottle of wine and they asked if we brought it onboard.  Thought they were going to charge corkage.  But they did not.  

We are B2B and brought on 4 bottles.  At security,  they saw the first 2 bottles and said we had to register them with Royal.  After they saw the second 2, I told them we were B2B.  They did not even ask for documents.  Just said OK.  Of course there was no need to register the wine.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, shanhowl said:

Have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We are B2B and brought on 4 bottles.  At security,  they saw the first 2 bottles and said we had to register them with Royal.  After they saw the second 2, I told them we were B2B.  They did not even ask for documents.  Just said OK.  Of course there was no need to register the wine.  

Do you bring you personal wine onboard in your carryon so they can check it?

I’m loving the low capacity. No line for anything! 
Dinner at Hooked last night. Reservation was at 8:30 (only time available once we got on board) but went in at 8 and they were able to accommodate!

Food and service was awesome. Peter was our waiter. Very nice- did some magic tricks for us!

We were delayed leaving LA due to a mechanical issue with the boat. They had to fixed by 6:30 and we were leaving port by 7:15. 
We had a shore excursion booked for today that was booked for 11:30. Getting back to our room late last night we realized they revised the itinerary and gave us new tickets to meet at the royal theatre at 8:30 in the morning. Definitely did not expect that so it as a little rough having to find out last minute and get up early!

Dinner tonight at Chops and looking forward to it! 

also- we decided to upgrade to suite last minute and we adore the suite lounge! We like to get into quiet areas sometimes and it’s just perfect! 

B2D9EBD1-F738-4EC4-AEA9-71ACD20ACC2B.jpeg

3743937F-9F9C-4A09-A0DD-37908C70FBCA.jpeg

On 12/13/2021 at 1:26 PM, shanhowl said:

We test this Friday and board Sunday. I'm nervous too about the test. I can't seem to relax until after I test. I felt the same way in October when I cruised. I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to conduct my emed test. I just asked my husband has he downloaded the Navica App. Ummm no. GEEZ!! He's so nonchalant. LOL!!

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cynt said:

We test this Friday and board Sunday. I'm nervous too about the test. I can't seem to relax until after I test. I felt the same way in October when I cruised. I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to conduct my emed test. I just asked my husband has he downloaded the Navica App. Ummm no. GEEZ!! He's so nonchalant. LOL!!

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

Can the app be downloaded before we purchase the test or do you have to have the box in hand to get to get the app? 

5 hours ago, cynt said:

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!

You might want to check the date as I think the cruise leaves Monday not Sunday December 20th?