St Kitts

bob10173

47 minutes ago, bob10173 said:

I read that St Kitts has removed some of or maybe all of their restrictions and was hoping that means a person can go ashore without booking a princess excursion. Anyone have any input on this?

Doesn't this cover the topic?

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26383-st-kitts-and-nevis-eases-entry-for-fully-vaccinated-international-cruisers.html

51 minutes ago, bob10173 said:

I read that St Kitts has removed some of or maybe all of their restrictions and was hoping that means a person can go ashore without booking a princess excursion. Anyone have any input on this?

Yes they did but we will still have to submit a negative covid test 72 hours in advance. Unless Princess is offering them on the ship we won’t be able to unless you can get one in St Thomas the day before. 

1 hour ago, jacpansea said:

Yes they did but we will still have to submit a negative covid test 72 hours in advance. Unless Princess is offering them on the ship we won’t be able to unless you can get one in St Thomas the day before. 

If you read the article, it says a test isn't necessary.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, suekel said:

If you read the article, it says a test isn't necessary.  

I read the article, but you apparently didn’t?

Fully vaccinated international travelers will still be required to submit a negative PCR test result taken 72 hours prior to travel as of Dec. 11, 2021. They will also need to fill out the embarkation form, answer health screening questions and have their temperature measurements taken upon arrival.”

2 minutes ago, jacpansea said:

I read the article, but you apparently didn’t?

Fully vaccinated international travelers will still be required to submit a negative PCR test result taken 72 hours prior to travel as of Dec. 11, 2021. They will also need to fill out the embarkation form, answer health screening questions and have their temperature measurements taken upon arrival.”

Um no.  That is for people flying in.  Not cruise ship passengers...According to the organization, fully vaccinated cruise passengers arriving at Port Zante, Charlestown or South Friars in St. Kitts and Nevis will now be allowed to fully integrate into the federation without the need of a test on arrival or quarantine.

21 minutes ago, suekel said:

Um no.  That is for people flying in.  Not cruise ship passengers...According to the organization, fully vaccinated cruise passengers arriving at Port Zante, Charlestown or South Friars in St. Kitts and Nevis will now be allowed to fully integrate into the federation without the need of a test on arrival or quarantine.

I don’t see where it says only airline visitors. I’ll be there the week after next and will clarify this but to be safe I booked an excursion with princess rather than be stuck doing nothing for in port for 8 hours. 

2 minutes ago, jacpansea said:

I don’t see where it says only airline visitors. I’ll be there the week after next and will clarify this but to be safe I booked an excursion with princess rather than be stuck doing nothing for in port for 8 hours. 

25 minutes ago, suekel said:

From their official site it is more clear. 

https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-advisory-update

since it’s one of the ports on the high risk group I am still going to stick with a princess excursion just to be on the safe side. 

We are cruising on the enchanted princess and will be in Saint Kitts in 2 days. Just yesterday they sent a message to our room regarding port stops on this cruise and the only change was that they had removed the restrictions for Saint Kitts. Previously Princess excursions were the only acceptable means, now private expiration is allowed

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kitty2264 said:

We are cruising on the enchanted princess and will be in Saint Kitts in 2 days. Just yesterday they sent a message to our room regarding port stops on this cruise and the only change was that they had removed the restrictions for Saint Kitts. Previously Princess excursions were the only acceptable means, now private expiration is allowed

Nice!  We will be there in a couple of weeks.  If you could please give an update when you go,  I miss just exploring like the old days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jacpansea said:

even during Thanksgiving week fully vaxxed passengers were no longer limited to ship-only tours. One could get off the ship and book a "government approved" tour right there at the port.

• Thanks 1

We are booked for Dec 30.  When we read a post a couple weeks ago we decided to book ship excursion “just in case” - and if things changed we could cancel.  Will hold tickets until the final day allowed to cancel for refund.  Unless St Kitts restricts again - you never know these days!  

But good news…looking forward to seeing posts on how things were.

Enjoy

Perhaps we can add some clarity.  We are currently on the Enchanted Princess which will be at St Kitts in 2 days.  We have received written notification that we are free to go ashore and do our own thing on St Kitts.  There is no extra testing or restrictions.  Apparently the island is now open to independent cruisers.  

Hank

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2021 at 3:20 AM, Hlitner said:

Perhaps we can add some clarity.  We are currently on the Enchanted Princess which will be at St Kitts in 2 days.  We have received written notification that we are free to go ashore and do our own thing on St Kitts.  There is no extra testing or restrictions.  Apparently the island is now open to independent cruisers.  

Hank

Are there any other ports that were previously restricted on your cruise that you received a similar notification for? I'm going in Jan and I'm hoping that a few more islands will lift restrictions by that time.

1 hour ago, Crystal04 said:

Are there any other ports that were previously restricted on your cruise that you received a similar notification for? I'm going in Jan and I'm hoping that a few more islands will lift restrictions by that time.

Dominica and Barbados are also restricted to “bubble” excursions.  Barbados also allows the use of government approved tour providers.

Hank

Today is Thursday 12.16. 

Best of luck to those of you who are planning to dock at St. Kttts on Friday and over the rest of the weekend. 
The winds this morning are so high the Capt opted to skip the port. 

he made the usual “for the safety of the passengers and ship………”…announcement. It occurred to us he could saved himself a lot of breath by saying, “I haven’t bent my ship in 40 years and am dammed sure not going to start now”

• Haha 1

We landed in Saint Kitts this morning at 8:00. Well it is windy today it didn't prevent our ship the Enchanted or the Regal or two other cruise ships from docking. There were no limitations on what you could do at this port. You could explore the city on your own or take a tour Princess or independent. We went to Nevis on a princess excursion and it was quite windy but still not a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kitty2264 said:

We landed in Saint Kitts this morning at 8:00. Well it is windy today it didn't prevent our ship the Enchanted or the Regal or two other cruise ships from docking. There were no limitations on what you could do at this port. You could explore the city on your own or take a tour Princess or independent. We went to Nevis on a princess excursion and it was quite windy but still not a problem.

How did you like your excursion to Nevis? I am booked in Feb.