Covid testing for back to back cruises NOT ON SAME SHIP.

DaveOKC

We were planning on doing that (have since changed and will be staying on the same ship) and our TA checked with HAL and was told they would test us the day before we got off the first ship and this would be good for getting on the second ship.  If I were you I would have your TA check with HAL to confirm

• Like 1

I would think if you ask for Rapid Antigen and printed results they can give it on board your disembarking ship.  You could use your results to satisfy the next ship test requirements.

Canadians and other non US residents get tested and printed results before they fly home.

Peter

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

We are considering adding a second cruise to our upcoming March one, but this one would be on a different ship (same day though).  How could we do this and still meet the Covid testing requirements?

We are doing the same. My TA spend quite a bit of time on the phone to HAL. I was told that HAL is now considering those B2B cruise. What I was told to do was contact the front desk when onboard immediately and let them know that I need the COVID test. They should see that our cruises are linked. You might have your TA do the same.

I started to panic when I discovered HAL was no longer doing testing on B2B’s on the ship, but at the port in Florida. My backup plan is that I will take a taxi to get the COVID test if necessary. But the expense for the test plus taxi isn’t going to be cheap.

We are doing this on Jan 16th from Zuiderdam to Rotterdam.

Edited by Storylady
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

I would think if you ask for Rapid Antigen and printed results they can give it on board your disembarking ship.  You could use your results to satisfy the next ship test requirements.

Canadians and other non US residents get tested and printed results before they fly home.

Peter

We are switching ships 1/16 

17 hours ago, SFO PETER said:

Peter

That is what I thought at first. But it isn’t quite that easy. They need to know how many people are going to be tested. From your booking they can tell if you are international or B2B. But we are changing ships the same day, when you depart a HAL cruise you aren’t given the test unless you are on an international flight. Thus, the need to have HAL to arrange to test us. Our TA had HAL link our cruises. Don’t know if HAL does that automatically or not. Thus, the reason for the call.

Edited by Storylady
  • Like 1

I remember once connecting a Rotterdam cruise to a Maasdam cruise into one long grand voyage from Voyage of the Vikings RT Boston to home again through the Panama canal and up to San Diego - pre-covid.  

We could look at the Maasdam docked right behind us, wave to them, and wished all we had to do was throw our suitcases from one deck to the next.

But no, we had to check out formally from one ship and pick up our luggage, and get in line and wait to embark on the next ship hours later. Regulations, regulations, no intra-family courtesies or short cuts allowed.

I suspect that same degree of separate requirements between informal "B2B" cruises still exists.  Small inconvenience in the big picture - how to make a grand vacation last even longer when you have the luck to jump from ship to ship, if one only could just jump.

I assume the policy answer for my question would be “no”, but has anyone in this quick-change-of-ships situation asked HAL if the medical staff on board could supervise a self-test brought aboard in the event there wasn’t good internet service? 

Edited by syesmar

On 12/15/2021 at 3:34 AM, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

We are switching ships 1/16 

We'll look forward to seeing you again on 1/16 as we'll already be onboard the Zuiderdam coming from SD.  We're sailing it back to SD.