Princess cruise Feb 2022 - Cancel for any reason with Princess' Vacation Protection insurance - FCC good how long?

PaperSniper4

I just hope the cruises continue. I need to be back on a ship as it's safer there than here. (Wish I was there now instead of living in a construction zone)

Plus it's good news for my European cruise later this year

10 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I did not know that. Do you have a link for that verbiage? I don't believe my TA is aware of that either, it would be good to share with him for his other customers.

Doug

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/ .  Has your TA been able to use the PVP first for other clients?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/ .  Has your TA been able to use the PVP first for other clients?

We just cancelled our Feb 18th cruise yesterday which kept us outside the 30 day requirement and we got half of our cruise cost back on our card and the other half plus the insurance we had paid back as an FCC which Princess now says we will be able to use to pay for our cruise in Feb 2023.  Their new policy states that the FCC is good for one year from date of issue and I think that what Princess is saying is that the FCC will take 30 to 60 days to show up on your account so Feb 2023 will be within a year of "issue".  Hope all of this is correct..Princess has been wrong before.

• Like 4

Ok my head is spinning! I booked a girls trip for Feb 26 2022. And purchased PVP (not Standard) which gives 100% back (in some form Or another).

We are more than 30 days off out, FCC expiring 12/31/2022 are likely worthless to us as my daughters both work. 

Goal is to get as much back on CC as possible and end up with FCC as far out as possible. So I have two paths to cancel CFAR thru Princess TI or ????

in reading the website it seems they are applying cancellation penalties as normal and if you cancel either way whatever the normal penalty is (50% for us today I think) you get that back as a FCC vs loosing it completely. Oh I’m confused after reading all your posts and reading the confusing website. Can someone clarify my options. 
AND I read the part about FCC are 12/31/2022 and also the FCC extends for 1yr from issue. BUT turn it says normal penalties apply right in the next sentence.

HELP!!

9 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

Ok my head is spinning! I booked a girls trip for Feb 26 2022. And purchased PVP (not Standard) which gives 100% back (in some form Or another).

We are more than 30 days off out, FCC expiring 12/31/2022 are likely worthless to us as my daughters both work. 

Goal is to get as much back on CC as possible and end up with FCC as far out as possible. So I have two paths to cancel CFAR thru Princess TI or ????

in reading the website it seems they are applying cancellation penalties as normal and if you cancel either way whatever the normal penalty is (50% for us today I think) you get that back as a FCC vs loosing it completely. Oh I’m confused after reading all your posts and reading the confusing website. Can someone clarify my options. 
AND I read the part about FCC are 12/31/2022 and also the FCC extends for 1yr from issue. BUT turn it says normal penalties apply right in the next sentence.

HELP!!

How many cabins did you book?

Your thinking above is correct. If you are cancelling for non-medical reason, I think the difference would be the cost of Princess insurance and the need to go through the claim process.

2 hours ago, algriff said:

We just cancelled our Feb 18th cruise yesterday which kept us outside the 30 day requirement and we got half of our cruise cost back on our card and the other half plus the insurance we had paid back as an FCC which Princess now says we will be able to use to pay for our cruise in Feb 2023.  Their new policy states that the FCC is good for one year from date of issue and I think that what Princess is saying is that the FCC will take 30 to 60 days to show up on your account so Feb 2023 will be within a year of "issue".  Hope all of this is correct..Princess has been wrong before.

How quickly did you get refund? We cancelled two cruises on Jan 10, one for us one for daughter, we got CC refund for ours but so far not daughter's and no FCC.

We are in a Mini Suite AND we have no reason to claim insurance unless it is CFAR which we believe is Princess self insured. And of course mom paid for the whole bill not my girls so those FCC go to them. Only CC refunds go back to my card. 

16 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

HELP!!

It is confusing!  If it is a week cruise then the cancellation fee would be your deposit.  If it's 5 days or less then the cancellation fee would be 50% of total charges. 

Assuming it's a 7 day cruise the cancellation fees would be defined as the deposit and the amount you paid for Princess insurance.

Under Book with Confidence cancellation fees are set up as FCCs to be used one year after the date of issuance.

Everything else that you paid would be refunded back to the original form of payment.

43 minutes ago, JVilleGal said:

HELP!!

As long as you cancel 30 days or more before your cruise Princess will give you back one half the cruise cost back on your credit card and the other half plus insurance (if you bought their insurance) that total will be as an FCC.  And now the FCC is good for 1 year from date of issue.  I think that normal penalties apply if you are within the 30 day window.

27 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

How quickly did you get refund? We cancelled two cruises on Jan 10, one for us one for daughter, we got CC refund for ours but so far not daughter's and no FCC.

I only cancelled yesterday 2/18 so I don't have any refund yet.  The FCC may not show up for 30 to 60 days.  Supposedly the part that goes back on my credit card will show up in a matter of days.

1 hour ago, algriff said:

I only cancelled yesterday 2/18 so I don't have any refund yet.  The FCC may not show up for 30 to 60 days.  Supposedly the part that goes back on my credit card will show up in a matter of days.

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I called my TA to cancel a 27 Feb cruise on Friday, the 14th of Jan.  Today I received my half fare refunded to my credit card.  I will look for the FCC to show up on my Princess cruise acct sometime next month.  I was pleasantly surprised it was refunded so quickly. 

Thanks - I was happy to see one CC refund appear quickly and now am wondering about the second one.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks - I was happy to see one CC refund appear quickly and now am wondering about the second one.

They seem to be handling this "new normal" of passengers cancelling due to covid restrictions or related reasons.  Much better than 2020 and first half of 2021.  Hope the faster refunds sticks around. Give them at least a week or so for your second refund to appear.  Unless the booking is complicated, a refund should arrive fairly quick. 

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

They seem to be handling this "new normal" of passengers cancelling due to covid restrictions or related reasons.  Much better than 2020 and first half of 2021.  Hope the faster refunds sticks around. Give them at least a week or so for your second refund to appear.  Unless the booking is complicated, a refund should arrive fairly quick. 

Will do - thanks

20 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I'll ask. He did indicate earlier I could have used the PVP, but it would have been "some work" and I'd have ended up with less refunded as Cash + FCC. I'm sure he's right and I'm sure many will be happy with "more" back, even if a large portion is in an FCC. But an FCC just doesn't do me any good if it's only valid through this year (or even 1 year from "issue"). That's because of OUR busy schedule. Glad to see many will be able to use their FCCs later this year and perhaps into 2023.

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated by me and likely many on this board. Sure wish we didn't have to figure all the angles in canceling......we'd probably all rather be cruising. Our next cruise is scheduled July 2022; two and a half years after our last cruise. Far, far to long!

Doug

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does anyone know why the FCC amount it, because I did get more back on my credit card as a refund also, yesterday.

It changed on Tues went down and again today.  Complicated refund.

Anyone else experience this?

TIA

I just checked. In my case the FCC I was issued with a date 1/14/2022 has not changed. Nor has the amount credited to my credit card about two weeks ago. This is for a cruise I cancelled 65 days prior to sailing. What you are seeing makes no sense to me??

Doug

22 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I just checked. In my case the FCC I was issued with a date 1/14/2022 has not changed. Nor has the amount credited to my credit card about two weeks ago. This is for a cruise I cancelled 65 days prior to sailing. What you are seeing makes no sense to me??

Doug

Me either.  I’m just going to give it a little time and see what happens.  I have screen shot every change.  
So strange!