WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

Beachin2

Sailing in February with the perk's packages included.  Received an email a few days ago to upgrade the WI-FI from the included surf to stream - but HAD to call in for the 30% Elite discount on the upgrade.  Call 844-418-6824 to upgrade now!

Well, on my third transfer over the last 46 minutes and on hold again because nobody knows how to give me a price to do this, other than to quote me the full rack rate for the Stream package as if we did not already have the surf portion.

Maybe wait times are so long because these folks don't have access to the information to do pretty basic things?  Why make an offer to customers that nobody knows how to offer?

Servicing sure has gone downhill over the suspension period.

2 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Sailing in February with the perk's packages included.  Received an email a few days ago to upgrade the WI-FI from the included surf to stream - but HAD to call in for the 30% Elite discount on the upgrade.  Call 844-418-6824 to upgrade now!

Well, on my third transfer over the last 46 minutes and on hold again because nobody knows how to give me a price to do this, other than to quote me the full rack rate for the Stream package as if we did not already have the surf portion.

Maybe wait times are so long because these folks don't have access to the information to do pretty basic things?  Why make an offer to customers that nobody knows how to offer?

Servicing sure has gone downhill over the suspension period.

Service is poor no doubt but also calling on a holiday weekend is part of the many reasons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Understood.  Many people have today off as part of the holiday.

Was connected to a rep in literally 2 minutes.  Every rep that they have transferred me to has answered the line promptly.  It's not a staffing issue - it's a knowledge issue.  Keep getting put on hold while they research how to do the offer that they sent out.

Up to 1:09 now.

Not making excuses but a number of things are contributing to long wait times and poor service in addition to the holiday period.

There are a very large number of people calling with last minute cancellations or reschedules due to the current worry about Omicron and how it will impact their cruises particularly over the next 1-2 months until the surge subsides.  Many people here on CC have reported that they just cancelled.

The Omicron surge is effecting travel, flights, hospitality workers, call centers - everybody.  Airlines cancelled thousands of flights over the weekend because so many staff tested positive and have to be quarantined.  So at certain times the call centers might be understaffed and overburdened.  

No easy solutions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Was connected to a rep in literally 2 minutes.  Every rep that they have transferred me to has answered the line promptly.  It's not a staffing issue - it's a knowledge issue.  Keep getting put on hold while they research how to do the offer that they sent out.

Up to 1:09 now.

OK sorry.  I do sense your high degree of frustration and I am likely not making it any better.  Good luck with your upgrade.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

OK sorry.  I do sense your high degree of frustration and I am likely not making it any better.  Good luck with your upgrade.

Gave up.  Rep just came back and said the "discounted" rate to upgrade was $22.50 PP/day/device - or close to $500 for the 11 night cruise and that included the Elite discount of 30%.  NOPE.  Looks close to the full rack rate difference on the site.  Another "special" that isn't very special?

May do it on board, assuming the cruise goes at all (A,B,C Islands).

Since your cruise isn’t until February I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks when things settle down from the holidays.  
Also if you check the your cruise planner for the regular price of stream and also the surf price the  difference is the upgrade price before your discount.  I called about 6 weeks ago and walked the rep through the calculations and she was then able to verify the math and get the upgrade processed.  It would be great if it was easier, but it got the job done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had the same experience a few weeks ago, far before the holidays. I was also super surprised at what should be an easy (and fairly common) request was so damn difficult!  I had to call several times, with long wait times, before finding someone who could take care of it for me.

Really strange!

I had a similar experience last month trying to upgrade our drink package with the CC discount for our Thanksgiving cruise, and gave up after talking to three people and spending an hour on the phone.  I just did it through the Cruise Planner and didn't get the discount.

When we wanted to upgrade our drink package for our February cruise, I asked my TA if she could handle it, and reminded her of the CC discount.  We got the upgrade but not the discount, so I called.  It took some work to get it straightened out, as the first person I talked to didn't understand the issue.  Eventually he found someone that walked him through the steps to get us the discount, but I agree--it shouldn't be this hard!

6 hours ago, Beachin2 said:

It's Monday.

I don't know about X, but at least part of Princess CS is on reduced hours (and assume staffing) all this week, through Jan 3. It's Monday in the middle of the biggest holiday period of the year.

Edited by Moonarino