Live from Majestic Princess, Dec 29 to Jan 8, 10 Day Sea of Cortez

LACruiser88

I noticed that no one had started a thread for our voyage that starts tomorrow, probably in the rain!

We'll be busy with our 7 year old granddaughter, but will try to keep the thread active and hope our fellow passengers will do the same.

Our party of 10 all tested negative yesterday and we are all packed and ready for the hour drive to the port tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year!!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dor0796 said:

Majestic is Yellow on CDC Site.  My sister said Majestic has returned to Long Beach, I wonder this means it returned one day earlier due to covid cases on board? I don’t have all the facts, just very concerned.

Majestic usually sails out of San Pedro not Long Beach so?????  We have been on 3 Majestic cruises this fall.  Last cruise embarked last Wednesday for a 7 day to Mexico.  

7 minutes ago, dor0796 said:

My sister said Majestic has returned to Long Beach, I wonder this means it returned one day earlier due to covid cases on board? I don’t have all the facts, just very concerned.

Someone currently on the ship posted 2 hrs ago (on the Dec 22 Majestic Roll Call) that they were at sea with no problems and would be docking in San Pedro tomorrow morning.  If your sister saw a ship in Long Beach pier, it is probably a Carnival ship. 

45 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Someone currently on the ship posted 2 hrs ago (on the Dec 22 Majestic Roll Call) that they were at sea with no problems and would be docking in San Pedro tomorrow morning.  If your sister saw a ship in Long Beach pier, it is probably a Carnival ship. 

Especially since Princess doesn't even use Long Beach.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nocl said:

Especially since Princess doesn't even use Long Beach.

Pre-COVID:  Sometimes a Princess ship would stop in Long Beach for the day as a port call.  Usually happened when they sailed from San Francisco.  Long Beach had more to offer than visiting for the day in San Pedro.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NavArch64 said:

image.png.8c0611c68000606837edfe392efa7f48.png

Majestic Princess forecast track ...

If you zoom in on that map, you will see that the Majestic is headed to the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro.

• Like 1

I am interested and following along too.  I would be nice to know how many passengers are on board.  I suspect the yellow status might be because there are cases among the crew.  I hope they are able isolate them sufficiently to avoid any spread and there is enough crew to cover the jobs than need to be done.   Have a great time!

7 minutes ago, leet102 said:

I am interested and following along too.  I would be nice to know how many passengers are on board.  I suspect the yellow status might be because there are cases among the crew.  I hope they are able isolate them sufficiently to avoid any spread and there is enough crew to cover the jobs than need to be done.   Have a great time!

Yesterday, I was told by a crew member that there were 2,500 passengers booked for this cruise.

I'll report the exact number when we are onboard.

• Like 2

Bon voyage to all onboard tomorrow. 

My mom and her husband will be on board tomorrow with some of you,she is a cruise critic member, but never really post or looks at cruise critic very often so I’ll be following along with your live thread and if I get an email or a phone call from her in Port I’ll add anything if I can. They are Covid negative and sort of packed and ready to go .

Julie

• Like 3

Looks like Majestic Princess is following Ruby Princess into San Pedro this morning ... Ruby into Terminal Berth 93 and then Majestic into Terminal Berth 92. A busy morning at the Los Angeles Cruise Terminals today.

Edited by NavArch64
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NavArch64 said:

Looks like Majestic Princess is following Ruby Princess into San Pedro this morning ... Ruby into Terminal Berth 93 and then Majestic into Terminal Berth 92. A busy morning at the Los Angeles Cruise Terminals today.

Thanks for the update!  And, it's starting to rain.  It's going to be a wet one getting onboard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

Looks like Ruby Princess  stopped in San Pedro for the day ,they left San Francisco on Monday and tonight they are headed to Catalina.So probably not an issue for those of you boarding the Majestic especially with the rain that’s been happening in Southern California ,can’t imagine too many people getting off The Ruby?

Have a great cruise Majestic.

3 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

We will be on board January 15th for a 7 day Mexican Rivera voyage. I am looking forward to your posts and if you could post the patters as well. I am interested in when the show times start. We may need to change our dinner reservations if they will conflict

thanks

Christie

We are also on the Jan 15th cruise and are interested in you experiences. Thank you for doing a live report. Interested to see if you can find out anything about their yellow status and how many had covid on the last cruise. Have seen the crew getting it affect a lot of the entertainment on other ships, so interested in that. We are excited to be on the Majestic again and I hope your cruise is as wonderful as our last time on her! Lisa

1 hour ago, BlueFish2000 said:

We are also on the Jan 15th cruise and are interested in you experiences. Thank you for doing a live report. Interested to see if you can find out anything about their yellow status and how many had covid on the last cruise. Have seen the crew getting it affect a lot of the entertainment on other ships, so interested in that. We are excited to be on the Majestic again and I hope your cruise is as wonderful as our last time on her! Lisa

Yellow status may not mean Covid cases, as the full definition is as follows:

Yellow Ship Criteria

• Ship is at or above CDC’s investigation threshold:
    • Restricted Voyages:
      • Cases reported in 0.10% or more of passengers (e.g., if 6500* passengers on board, CDC’s investigation threshold is met if there are 7 or more cases among passengers occurring during the previous 7 days), or
        • This percentage includes passenger cases occurring within 5 days of disembarkation that CDC was notified of by state or local health departments.
      • One or more cases reported in crew.
    • Simulated Voyages:
      • Cases reported in 1.5% or more of passengers, or
      • Cases reported in 1.0% or more of crew.
    • Ships with Crew Only (i.e., not yet submitted requests for simulated voyages or applications for restricted voyages, pending CDC approval, or sailing at a later date).
      • Cases reported in 1.0% or more of crew.
  • OR
  • During the past 7 days, the ship failed to submit one or more daily EDC submissions on time (by 1200 ET). On a weekly basis, CDC emails all ships a reminder to submit the EDC form. In addition, CDC sends a reminder email if a ship does not submit their EDC form.

*The largest cruise ships can carry up to 6500 passengers on board.

• Like 1