Having a nice time so far on the Summit’s New Year’s Eve Cruise

Stockjock

2 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

We also have Vicky as the sommelier and she is outstanding. Our waiters were John and Randy and they were excellent.

OMG how funny!!!   Tell her that he past guest in November said hello, the one who like Rosa Regale Banffi and had sailed with her three times now lol.  I wonder if she would remember.  If it’s Randy Boudurosa (no the exact spelling for the last name) from the Philippine that joined in November, then you are in excellent hands.  We had Rand my twice missed him in November because he didn’t start with Vicki at the same time.  Randy also knows Marky.  Lucky you two being taken care of by the best of the best!!  Enjoy every moment!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

OMG how funny!!!   Tell her that he past guest in November said hello, the one who like Rosa Regale Banffi and had sailed with her three times now lol.  I wonder if she would remember.  If it’s Randy Boudurosa (no the exact spelling for the last name) from the Philippine that joined in November, then you are in excellent hands.  We had Rand my twice missed him in November because he didn’t start with Vicki at the same time.  Randy also knows Marky.  Lucky you two being taken care of by the best of the best!!  Enjoy every moment!

Yes they are really good. My girlfriend is also from the Philippines so they have been hooking her up.Yes they are really good. My girlfriend is also from the Philippines so they have been hooking her up.

2 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Yes they are really good. My girlfriend is also from the Philippines so they have been hooking her up.Yes they are really good. My girlfriend is also from the Philippines so they have been hooking her up.

Wohoo!!! Win win !!!

The Jazz Charter cruises on the Summit start on January 17 and run through mid to end February.   Due to the CDC's recommendation in regards to cruising, the company has approached Celebrity asking for consideration in cancelling the Charter cruises.  I am wondering if this is why LLP is onboard.  I will be VERY surprised if Celebrity lets them out of their contract.  This is ALOT of money.

The captain just did his briefing and apparently one additional passenger has checked into the medical facility with Covid. They have very mild cold or flu like symptoms according to Captain Gus.

So I’m not sure of the exact number, but it sounds like we have maybe four passengers, plus or minus, with Covid and to the best of my knowledge no crew infected.  All of them have very mild symptoms, so that’s good news. And I think given the fact that we had a New Year’s Eve party and there was some lack of social distancing, it shows that the risks are probably fairly manageable at this point.

1 hour ago, marieps said:

May I assume masks are not mandatory on Summit as of this morning?

Masks are not mandatory I would say maybe 15 or 20% of the passengers are wearing them.Masks are not mandatory I would say maybe 15 or 20% of the passengers are wearing them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

The Jazz Charter cruises on the Summit start on January 17 and run through mid to end February.   Due to the CDC's recommendation in regards to cruising, the company has approached Celebrity asking for consideration in cancelling the Charter cruises.  I am wondering if this is why LLP is onboard.  I will be VERY surprised if Celebrity lets them out of their contract.  This is ALOT of money.

Maybe the penalty is less through X vs going against the Charter's indemnity policy?

bon voyage

Edited to add: I did forget about the refund factor and who in the end would be out lots of money...

Edited by Bo1953

23 minutes ago, xRoadWarrior said:

Its been a great cruise, on our way back to Miami. Nice to meet you Brad at the Sunset Bar. Keep cruisin!

Bob

The pleasure was ours Bob , it was great to meet you and your wife!

10 hours ago, hcat said:

So did you book another cruise  on Celeb?

We have another holiday cruise booked for December of this year but it’s kind of pricey and only four nights so I’m not sure if we’ll go on that one or not. We also have one on MSc that’s a 10 night out of Northern Europe and I hope we can do that one, Covid permitting.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:16 PM, Stockjock said:

Having a nice time so far on the Summit’s New Year’s Eve Cruise.  No problems or complaints whatsoever. Everything’s been great so far.

I heard that we have 1175 passengers on board. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but it seems like it’s a pretty good sized group but there’s still plenty of room to breathe.

The staff and crew have been really wonderful so far. Everyone seems very happy and friendly, so it’s nice to see some level of normalcy returning, even though Covid is still out there.

Tonight we will dress up and do a little celebrating to kick in the new year. If anyone has any questions just ask.

D26C582F-3E5C-42C4-8CE9-FD8BE175C470.jpeg

80F9BDFA-ABE4-4C2B-80E2-6683C374ADEA.jpeg

8D8ACB5C-D824-4A1D-9141-8DB852CBD68C.jpeg

8EBC5D26-5B5D-4FD6-8ECB-74A220E2D3FC.jpeg

F54F2B24-08AA-4622-9510-C307017E8577.jpeg

026A4FA4-5700-47AD-BFD9-1040D3301538.jpeg

03C31C72-E80C-489B-A4B1-73385EBE4293.jpeg

98C76D77-715B-4853-AA0F-DAE3787BF95B.jpeg

93671586-D253-44AF-A187-40B7E3A00A95.jpeg

88496039-B958-4791-AE16-69BD2462F90F.jpeg

14D537AA-DDE1-48D4-AF82-BED89D4F042C.jpeg

Thanks for posting and glad you are enjoying.   With only about 1,000 passengers it looks quite uncrowded.  Any mask requirements aboard?

1 hour ago, LDEE said:

Thanks for posting and glad you are enjoying.   With only about 1,000 passengers it looks quite uncrowded.  Any mask requirements aboard?

It was crowded at the NYE pool party, but not otherwise.  I think we had about 1250 or so passengers.  If my understanding was correct, 3-4 very mild covid cases.  No mask requirements.  I'd estimate that 80% to 85% were unmasked.