Cruise with Confidence?

phabric

Well, this whole discussion became rather meaningless to me yesterday. Late last month, I cancelled a March 2022 cruise to which I had applied just under $2600 in FCC's on top of my refundable $960 deposit. When I checked my credit card account this morning, much to my surprise I found that Celebrity had not only refunded my deposit, as expected, but had also refunded an amount equal to the FCC's. 

I don't plan on spending this windfall any time soon, as I fully expect Celebrity to recognize its error sooner or later and come looking for its money in exchange for reissued FCC's. 

I am also trying to figure out if I am taking an April cruise. Has final payment been reduced to 60 days? I have been reading my contract, the website and this thread and am not sure what rules are in place. My doctor is saying not to go, although he was fine with it when I booked. But I am holding out that we might at least have a reasonable window in April. I was told with non refundable i would only be charge 200 to cancel, but the contract reads 700. If final payment has been reduced, that might help. Thanks, I appreciate assistance. I am out of the loop after cancelling four cruises since covid.

I just called our TA to cancel our 1/29/22 cruise.  I was rooming with a friend because this was our book club cruise.  We decided that we would use our FCC to cruise with our husbands. I was informed that we couldn’t use these FCCs as a deposit to the new 9/11/22 cruise

and we would have to wait 2-3 months to get the FCC.  Is that the time frame others are hearing? Makes no sense to me. 

25 minutes ago, jeno said:

I just called our TA to cancel our 1/29/22 cruise.  I was rooming with a friend because this was our book club cruise.  We decided that we would use our FCC to cruise with our husbands. I was informed that we couldn’t use these FCCs as a deposit to the new 9/11/22 cruise

and we would have to wait 2-3 months to get the FCC.  Is that the time frame others are hearing? Makes no sense to me. 

That’s disappointing…I’ve been reading people have been able to cancel and book another one with the funds immediately….if that is the case and we cancel our 2/6 Edge cruise we will just do a land vacation instead of trying to book another cruise for March when hopefully things are a little better..I can’t tie up anymore money with Celebrity.

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

That’s disappointing…I’ve been reading people have been able to cancel and book another one with the funds immediately….if that is the case and we cancel our 2/6 Edge cruise we will just do a land vacation instead of trying to book another cruise for March when hopefully things are a little better..I can’t tie up anymore money with Celebrity.

I’m going to try calling Celebrity directly and see if I get a different answer. The TA was quoting the exact same price as Celebrity is showing for the same cruise. 
nothing to lose. 

3 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No.  Refunded in the US and I think Canada except for a $100 service fee.  A FCC issued on that.

Everything on the Celebrity web site says that non-refundable deposits are NEVER returned as cash, only FCC.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Everything on the Celebrity web site says that non-refundable deposits are NEVER returned as cash, only FCC.

I believe the exception is if Celebrity cancels the cruise--then you get your non-refundable deposit back in cash.

• Thanks 1