Update Christmas Panorama Sailing Home with Covid

smellywax

7 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Lucky for me I was seated right by the entrance of the MDR and on this 6 day cruise I heard only 2 people cough due to some food they were consuming, on the 18 Sept cruise one lady constantly coughed, probably on Lisinopril for Blood Pressure which causes you to cough a lot, no one in her group was concerned. I was out of the dining room before SHOWTIME. LoL

I am on Lisinopril and I get dirty looks all of the time.  Wearing a mask seems to make it worse too.

My son said it best.  He use to cough to hide a fart.  Now he farts to hide a cough.  🤥

• Haha 11

On 1/2/2022 at 10:00 PM, smellywax said:

So we took a CoVId test after getting off the Carnival Panorama sailing that ended 12/31/2021 and we tested positive for CoVId. We wore N95 Masks everywhere except inside cabin, spa wet areas, and main dining room. Just letting everyone know. We had symptoms of cough, headache and body ache last day so that’s why I wanted to test.

Thanks for sharing.  Hope you all feel better.

This is a perfect example that masks really don't help that much overall unless you wear 24/7.  All the efforts you guys made to not get it and... well you got it.  In this environment we are going to get Covid, that's just the way it is.  If you're vaccinated then it's mostly a non issue (yes there are exceptions as with everything).   If not, well that's a choice that person made.  All these silly rules so.... you end up with Covid.

Take care of yourselves.....

• Like 4

15 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I am on Lisinopril and I get dirty looks all of the time.  Wearing a mask seems to make it worse too.

My son said it best.  He use to cough to hide a fart.  Now he farts to hide a cough.  🤥

Thanks for the laugh we need to laugh nowadays! 🙂

19 hours ago, smellywax said:

I also had my mask on outdoors. Lots of coughing on this sailing (typical to what you hear during flu season). The table on either side of us at dinner had several kids so who knows I’d they were vaccinated but the dining room was full and everyone close and up and dancing during showtime.

It's an exercise in futility to attempt to ascertain who may have given you a virus. You could have touched a surface and then touched your nose, etc. In the end - it doesn't matter -  you have it and will recover. We never question who gave us a cold, the flu, etc. It's a virus. It has a way of infiltrating everything. All we can do is be healthy (not obese, smoker, excess drinker, etc.) and be vaxxed if we choose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

Thanks for sharing.  Hope you all feel better.

This is a perfect example that masks really don't help that much overall unless you wear 24/7.  All the efforts you guys made to not get it and... well you got it.  In this environment we are going to get Covid, that's just the way it is.  If you're vaccinated then it's mostly a non issue (yes there are exceptions as with everything).   If not, well that's a choice that person made.  All these silly rules so.... you end up with Covid.

Take care of yourselves.....

Regular cloth masks don't prevent transmission. Vaxxed people will still come down with Covid. For the vast majority, it's nothing more than a cold.

This is a perfect example that masks really don't help that much overall unless you wear 24/7.  All the efforts you guys made to not get it and... well you got it. 

Thank you so much for your opinion Dr. 

OP, many of us appreciate the fact that you made the effort to begin with and so sorry that so many thwarted your efforts in the end.  🙄

• Like 6

Hi Duanerice

3 cruises since Sept onboard Panorama, first cruise 2300 pax, 2nd cruise 2954 paxs and 3rd cruise 4000 paxs 

I took my mask off while at dinner in the MDR and when I had a seat somewhere inside the buffet area, during all shows I wore my mask which is required.

My first 2 cruises I wore my cloth mask that offers hardly any protection. My 3rd cruise I wore my black cloth mask over my N95 mask.

I waited for the next empty elevator or just took the stairs. When I went past a public bathroom I took that opportunity to wash my hands, the Elevator buttons I would use my knuckles to press the button. So that help me from putting any finger tips on my face.

I think I did pretty well on those 3 cruises, especially on that last one with 4000 paxs 

I believe the Mask does help, it did for me that’s for sure, now we have a 4 day cruise coming up first week of Feb so the test continues.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 1

The funny part about wearing the Mask, I haven’t had a cold since Jan 1st 2020, I used to get an upper respiratory infection all the time, that’s a thing of the past now.

Booster tomorrow afternoon, wish me luck.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred
  • Like 6

55 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

The funny part about wearing the Mask, I haven’t had a cold since Jan 1st 2020, I used to get an upper respiratory infection all the time, that’s a thing of the past now.

Fred

Good luck! Booster is easy, barely had any side effects at all when I got my Moderna booster. Same for all the rest of my fam, extended fam, and friends. Easy peasy! Congratulations on protecting yourself. Smart move!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharon&family said:

When I got the Moderna booster my arm was sore for 5 days.  I had chills half the first night and had to sit up in the recliner to sleep.  It seems like everyone who gets the pfizer hardly have any side-effects at all.

You can pick which one you want, you can get pfizer next time if you like FYI. I actually prefer the Moderna myself and felt a bit tired for a day but nothing too bad, it was like how you feel the next day when you stay up too late and don't get enough sleep.

Edited by cruisingguy007

13 hours ago, sharon&family said:

When I got the Moderna booster my arm was sore for 5 days.  I had chills half the first night and had to sit up in the recliner to sleep.  It seems like everyone who gets the pfizer hardly have any side-effects at all.

FWIW the main side effect I had with both the initial Pfizer and the booster was arm soreness and chills. It may depend on the person more than the specific vax, our bodies react in certain ways which may not be the same way as the next person.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:44 PM, Wennfred said:

Hi Duanerice

3 cruises since Sept onboard Panorama, first cruise 2300 pax, 2nd cruise 2954 paxs and 3rd cruise 4000 paxs 

I took my mask off while at dinner in the MDR and when I had a seat somewhere inside the buffet area, during all shows I wore my mask which is required.

My first 2 cruises I wore my cloth mask that offers hardly any protection. My 3rd cruise I wore my black cloth mask over my N95 mask.

I waited for the next empty elevator or just took the stairs. When I went past a public bathroom I took that opportunity to wash my hands, the Elevator buttons I would use my knuckles to press the button. So that help me from putting any finger tips on my face.

I think I did pretty well on those 3 cruises, especially on that last one with 4000 paxs 

I believe the Mask does help, it did for me that’s for sure, now we have a 4 day cruise coming up first week of Feb so the test continues.

Fred

Omicron is a whole different ballgame.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, Wennfred said:

one lady constantly coughed, probably on Lisinopril for Blood Pressure which causes you to cough a lot

Yeah, I was on this and I had to ask my doctor to switch me to something else. I couldn't handle the coughing, especially during the pandemic. It's much better now!

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 6:48 PM, Wennfred said:

Fred

Hi Fred

May I ask a question? Were any of your cruises as recent as when Omicron came to visit?  I feel like it will be much harder to escape it this time.  We are at home with Covid right now. (not from a cruise ship) I canceled my 12/31 cruise on the Vista.  Have another one coming up on 1/23 on the Pride. I feel much more protected now that I will have antibodies.

Even before covid, we try not to take the elevator at all, I use my knuckles too!  I also use my elbow.  I never touch the handle with a bare hand leaving a public restroom.  It's amazing how many people leave a public restroom without washing up properly. My husband used to tease me about these things, he doesn't anymore. I wish those little tissues that they leave by the bathroom door were just a little bit bigger and thicker.  You have to make sure your hands are very dry, or they tend to fall apart. 

Stay healthy, and have so much fun on your cruise!

On 1/2/2022 at 11:41 PM, Joebucks said:

The whole "disinfection" of anything is mostly theater. It is fairly well understood that COVID travels in aerosol/droplets. There is virtually no evidence pointing to any significant surface transmission. A virus also wouldn't live in a pillow.

72 hours on fabric 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, sharon&family said:

I was very fortunate.  I got the Moderna shots and the booster. I never even felt the needle.  For the first one, I got it on a Monday and never felt anything until the following Thursday when my whole arm itched.  No reaction at all from the second one and the booster.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:40 AM, my kids mama said:

Hi Fred

May I ask a question? Were any of your cruises as recent as when Omicron came to visit?  I feel like it will be much harder to escape it this time.  We are at home with Covid right now. (not from a cruise ship) I canceled my 12/31 cruise on the Vista.  Have another one coming up on 1/23 on the Pride. I feel much more protected now that I will have antibodies.

Even before covid, we try not to take the elevator at all, I use my knuckles too!  I also use my elbow.  I never touch the handle with a bare hand leaving a public restroom.  It's amazing how many people leave a public restroom without washing up properly. My husband used to tease me about these things, he doesn't anymore. I wish those little tissues that they leave by the bathroom door were just a little bit bigger and thicker.  You have to make sure your hands are very dry, or they tend to fall apart. 

Stay healthy, and have so much fun on your cruise!

Yes, Sorry for the long delay, I often take breaks as I also post on Virta Health.

My last 2 cruises November 12 & December 18th were smack in the middle of Omnicron.. I always use those tissues in the public bathrooms and if none are available then I use toilet paper or paper wipes, this has been common practice since I was a kid, often seeing men handle their Junk and then grab the door handle just make me cringe and then they go touch everyone else and shake hands with other people. I am very conscious about that.

My biggest test will be in a few weeks as we embark on a 4 day cruise onboard Carnival Miracle. The good thing is that there are no roll calls on cruise critic or other sites for this sailing and with many cancellations it’s possible I might be sailing on a not so crowded ship.  I am still wearing my N95 mask with my Black cloth mask over it what I have done in the past, but this time even outdoors.

So #1 can’t get sick prior to this cruise and #2 be very careful while at the terminal and onboard.

Fred

Edited by Wennfred

2 hours ago, Wennfred said:

Yes, Sorry for the long delay, I often take breaks as I also post on Virta Health.

My last 2 cruises November 12 & December 18th were smack in the middle of Omnicron.. I always use those tissues in the public bathrooms and if none are available then I use toilet paper or paper wipes, this has been common practice since I was a kid, often seeing men handle their Junk and then grab the door handle just make me cringe and then they go touch everyone else and shake hands with other people. I am very conscious about that.

My biggest test will be in a few weeks as we embark on a 4 day cruise onboard Carnival Miracle. The good thing is that there are no roll calls on cruise critic or other sites for this sailing and with many cancellations it’s possible I might be sailing on a not so crowded ship.  I am still wearing my N95 mask with my Black cloth mask over it what I have done in the past, but this time even outdoors.

So #1 can’t get sick prior to this cruise and #2 be very careful while at the terminal and onboard.

Fred

I wish you the best of luck!

On 1/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, smellywax said:

Another way we could have gotten it is from the room steward my mom and sister had who was no longer around after introducing himself the first night. Our lady took over their cabins and said they are not told anything. I would hope if a crew member is positive and has been in contact with guests, Carnival would let them know…but from this I am guessing that is not the case. Just double mask

and have fun on your terms 😊

No this is not the case. I was a close contact (hugs and all because he’s my friend) of a bartender onboard the Panorama during the NYE cruise after yours and he tested positive but I was never notified. I have tested negative as of yesterday. I think my defense may have been the 4th dose of vaccination I got on 12/18 but who knows, maybe he was exposed after our initial closeness. 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:42 PM, smellywax said:

I also had my mask on outdoors. Lots of coughing on this sailing (typical to what you hear during flu season). The table on either side of us at dinner had several kids so who knows I’d they were vaccinated but the dining room was full and everyone close and up and dancing during showtime.

Covid is air borne. You could have gotten it anywhere and from anyone - just like the flu or a cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdever said:

No this is not the case. I was a close contact (hugs and all because he’s my friend) of a bartender onboard the Panorama during the NYE cruise after yours and he tested positive but I was never notified. I have tested negative as of yesterday. I think my defense may have been the 4th dose of vaccination I got on 12/18 but who knows, maybe he was exposed after our initial closeness. 

Closeness doesn't equate to infection. Your individual health, immune system, etc., all play a role.

• Thanks 1