Getaway cancelled 1/5 sailing

4 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Bummer that they did this the day before, when people were already en route and some had already cancelled for FCC. Wonder when they knew about the positive cases and when they made this decision. 

My guess is they made the decision an hour ago. Maybe not exactly an hour ago, but I think the cruise lines are flying by the seat of their pants right now. These are very difficult decisions with enormous ramifications. Enormous.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

My guess is they made the decision an hour ago. Maybe not exactly an hour ago, but I think the cruise lines are flying by the seat of their pants right now. These are very difficult decisions with enormous ramifications. Enormous.

My guess is that once they do the weekly testing of the crew, shortly after they make difficult decisions.  So it just depends when they are getting weekly test results. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

My guess is that once they do the weekly testing of the crew, shortly after they make difficult decisions.  So it just depends when they are getting weekly test results. 

Getaway and Pearl are the two ships with 'CDC has started an investigation.' on the color grid, so hopefully that means no others are in such a precarious position for now.

Edited by Karaboudjan

13 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Bummer that they did this the day before, when people were already en route and some had already cancelled for FCC. Wonder when they knew about the positive cases and when they made this decision. 

So if people already took FCC, they wouldn't lock them into the FCC if they ended up cancelling the cruise?  Would they?  I think they have a policy to convert your FCC to a refund if the cruise is cancelled.  At least they did at one time.  

14 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

I was originally booked on this sailing and cancelled back on dec 17 due to the travel advisory up here. 

two cruises cancelled this week, you sure this is the best time to be sailing @CarolinaMamma… I know you’re giving it a good think but for cruisers like us who like to plan and know what is going on I am still not sure January is going to be the best time for cruising…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karaboudjan said:

Getaway and Pearl are the two ships with 'CDC has started an investigation.' on the color grid, so hopefully that means no others are in such a precarious position for now.

ah I see. Well on the bright side of things, once the crew get better, hopefully that will be it for cancellations for those two ships for a while. 

*sigh* who's ready for covid to be over? *raises hand*

• Like 12

Just now, marktwothousand said:

I was originally booked on this sailing and cancelled back on dec 17 due to the travel advisory up here. 

two cruises cancelled this week, you sure this is the best time to be sailing @CarolinaMamma… I know you’re giving it a good think but for cruisers like us who like to plan and know what is going on I am still not sure January is going to be the best time for cruising…

If not now, when? This has been going on for 2 years. I don't know about anyone else, but I am just t.i.r.e.d of this. I'll follow health and safety protocols, vaccinated, boosted, what have you...but as we all know, life is short, if I keep waiting for things to improve, could miss out on a lot of living life. 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Every single ship, every one with paying passengers, every cruise line, is currently yellow, under investigation. A change from 2 weeks ago when ships would bounce in and out of green. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

If not now, when? This has been going on for 2 years. I don't know about anyone else, but I am just t.i.r.e.d of this. I'll follow health and safety protocols, vaccinated, boosted, what have you...but as we all know, life is short, if I keep waiting for things to improve, could miss out on a lot of living life. 

I’ll bite. How bout once the worldwide pandemic has at least subsided

• Like 5

My friend was also on this cruise — they found out when they reached their hotel in Miami, and had just gotten a Haven upgrade this morning. I’m pretty sure the data triggering this has to have been significant, and probably will expand to other ships, and other lines soon.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Av8torcrj said:

I’ll bite. How bout once the worldwide pandemic has at least subsided

Ok, you can stay in your house until then. Your choice. Also, it's very easy for you to be flippant about when the pandemic subsides, I am sure you still have your job and are earning money. Some businesses/people cannot afford to wait to work until the pandemic subsides. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

ah I see. Well on the bright side of things, once the crew get better, hopefully that will be it for cancellations for those two ships for a while. 

*sigh* who's ready for covid to be over? *raises hand*

Remember how wonderful our cruise to Alaska was on the Encore in September?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We are in Miami and got in early  this morning.  We just got the email and are trying  to decide  what to do.

Head down to Islamorada. You'll have great weather and the water will look just like the Caribbean. It's definitely the closest thing. 

• Like 4