Timeframe on refund?

tromvest

2 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Since Oceania just cancelled two months of cruises I'd expect a longer than "normal" timeframe for a refund.  Back in 2020 I waited for three months before they issued my refund.  

No way I'm waiting that long!  It takes the merchant system no longer to issue a credit than it does a charge transaction.  The later is simply a reversal of the former. 

I'm saving the cancelation notice from Oceania and will use a copy of that to dispute the prior charges. I will then demand that my credit card company issue me an immediate credit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would commend Oceania for the prompt refund of our deposit for a recent cancellation we made.     We were told it could take up to six weeks for receipt, it took 14 days to be credited back to our card. 

Edited by LNielsen
Typo

Our cruise was canceled by O on 1/4 - no refund yet. I just got this message from our TA:

"No response from my email to O, so I called O directly.  Refunds take 45-60 days..... due to the high # of refunds they are processing.  So, they said if you don't see in 60 days, them please call them back ---"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oceania canceled our fully paid  1/28 cruise on 1/4.  Our refunds were dated on 1/23 but didn’t show up until 2/1.

The refunds were made to the credit cards on which they were made. One, for the cruise, and a second to a different card for Privee and shorex reservations. Different cards and different card companies but the exact same lag in credit date versus when it showed on our accounts.