Anyone on Panorama this week?

2wheelin

Cancelled my Jan.29th cruise on the PANORAMA . Difficulty in dealing with the pre-testing, masks inside on board, shows being cancelled, and all the guests and crew testing positive on the cruise and afterwards. Cruised the PANORAMA about a month before the lockdown and really loved this ship. Enjoy your cruise. 🙂

Edited by glrounds

32 minutes ago, glrounds said:

Cancelled my Jan.29th cruise on the PANORAMA . Difficulty in dealing with the pre-testing, masks inside on board, shows being cancelled, and all the guests and crew testing positive on the cruise and afterwards. Cruised the PANORAMA about a month before the lockdown and really loved this ship. Enjoy your cruise. 🙂

Now Gary, not ALL the crew and guests tested positive 😉 

• Haha 1

Bdever is on this week celebrating her birthday. She's either having too much fun or didn't get the internet package (I never do either) as she hasn't checked in. I'm equally curious to see how things are going. 

I'm actually hoping omicron propels progress and once it sweeps through, maybe some restrictions and nonsense can be lifted. I'm literally floored by how many people have gotten hit this round. We are hearing from friends/family/coworkers about how this thing is just everywhere and taking down whole families, offices, and is bonkers. 

I actually started wearing a mask in the stores today after seeing the long lines of folks looking for covid tests. For our area, it really stands out how many people are seeking testing. I couldn't belive how long the lines were when I drove by today. It also lasted all day, nonstop huge lines wrapping around the blocks. 

Maybe after everyone gets hit, we can talk about getting back to normal. Wishful thinking I know (let's hope PI isn't a thing(fingers crossed)) but a guy can hope!  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

LOL . . . I thought about the wording of that phrase at the time and considered changing it. Should have put THAT WERE in front of testing positive. My bad. 🙂

Edited by glrounds
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
4 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

LOL . . . I thought about the wording of that phrase at the time and considered changing it. Should have put THAT WERE in front of testing positive. My bad. 🙂

Dang, Is that Gary, I didn't recognize the new avatar 😉 His ole muscle builder avatar was better.

Cruise on Gary, hope you're still taking the X on cruises 😉

20 minutes ago, dcsham said:

Unfortunately much of the testing is being sought out by people that are asymptomatic, driven by media. This in turn leads to a shortage of test kits. Wife and I are on the Panorama this Saturday January 8, and using the e-med monitored home tests on Thursday morning before we begin our road trip to Long Beach. Staying at the Long Beach Hilton pre-cruise with the park and go package. 

Awesome! Hope you have a great cruise! Panorama is a fantastic ship. I'm tempted to switch to her for April from Radiance and extend my cruise holiday to a 7-day and probably will if I can make it work without too many penalties or super high fare. My kids have been excited to cruise and were bummed we didn't take a Christmas or New Years cruise like we decided (thanks to omicron) so moving from a 4-day to a 7-day would be a nice treat/surprise for them. I'm really wanting to try Big Chicken though so it's a little bit of a conflict but 3 more cruise days vs a chicken sandwich isn't really a competition...lol.   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dcsham said:

Unfortunately much of the testing is being sought out by people that are asymptomatic, driven by media. This in turn leads to a shortage of test kits. Wife and I are on the Panorama this Saturday January 8, and using the e-med monitored home tests on Thursday morning before we begin our road trip to Long Beach. Staying at the Long Beach Hilton pre-cruise with the park and go package. 

Please keep us posted on conditions when you have a chance.

• Like 1

I am keeping my 2/26 Panorama Cruise and just switched from City Health to Worksite over at San Jose airport for a 6 AM test. They guarantee it within 36 hours so I am fine as I am taking it on Thursday before my 10 AM flight. 

Hope by then things will be better.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Awesome! Hope you have a great cruise! Panorama is a fantastic ship. I'm tempted to switch to her for April from Radiance and extend my cruise holiday to a 7-day and probably will if I can make it work without too many penalties or super high fare. My kids have been excited to cruise and were bummed we didn't take a Christmas or New Years cruise like we decided (thanks to omicron) so moving from a 4-day to a 7-day would be a nice treat/surprise for them. I'm really wanting to try Big Chicken though so it's a little bit of a conflict but 3 more cruise days vs a chicken sandwich isn't really a competition...lol.   

Just do it!

I canceled Radiance for mid-Jan and they tempted me back with a $200 Panorama solo balcony for Jan 29, a Godfather VIFP offer I can't refuse. I've been stuck inside mostly since Christmas with over a foot of snow in NW WA, so I don't care about ports, shows, or bars---I just want sun and heat for a week. I also like that Panorama has lots of outdoor space and I'll have a balcony, so if omicron is still running rampant I have options to avoid  inside crowds and constant masking. As long as there are enough healthy crew to man Guy's burgers and keep the ice cream machine working, I'll survive. I'll probably never see as many good solo deals and reduced occupancy as I have since the restart, so to me it's worth any risk, stress, or hassles. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, travelplus said:

I am keeping my 2/26 Panorama Cruise and just switched from City Health to Worksite over at San Jose airport for a 6 AM test. They guarantee it within 36 hours so I am fine as I am taking it on Thursday before my 10 AM flight. 

Hope by then things will be better.

I'm keeping that sailing also with hope that things will have calmed down by then.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, BasicSailor said:

Dang, Is that Gary, I didn't recognize the new avatar 😉 His ole muscle builder avatar was better.

Cruise on Gary, hope you're still taking the X on cruises 😉

LOL . . . Last time I took her was on the BREEZE out of Galveston (some time ago). Recently booked  on the PANORAMA solo, however, have cancelled that one.

Guest BasicSailor
13 minutes ago, glrounds said:

LOL . . . Last time I took her was on the BREEZE out of Galveston (some time ago). Recently booked on the PANORAMA solo, however, have cancelled that one.

One thing for sure, you'll cruse again when the time is right 👍 Next time should come out of X's purse 😁