Four crew Covid + on Silver Moon

Catlover54

27 minutes ago, les37b said:

Watch it rocket in Manta day 2.

Whatever SS does, do not let them take you off in Chile.  Viking cruise passengers who tested positive were put  in a hostel, it  was terrible .  Viking cold not do anything at the time. 

Meanwhile  ,some who tested positive on  a Viking Cruise in Med are put in a villa on Rhodes, and  a local  family brought them fresh  baked bread.

Hope  you both get well and can be reunited on your ship;.

20 minutes ago, Azulann said:

Whatever SS does, do not let them take you off in Chile.  Viking cruise passengers who tested positive were put  in a hostel, it  was terrible .  Viking cold not do anything at the time. 

Meanwhile  ,some who tested positive on  a Viking Cruise in Med are put in a villa on Rhodes, and  a local  family brought them fresh  baked bread.

Hope  you both get well and can be reunited on your ship;.

I'm not entirely sure we have a choice do we?

Certainly I know Chile has not been traveller friendly with the mobility form (or whatever it's called).... And I had put them down as not really an option.

As things stand, the ball for our care is squarely with SS. At the moment, if it continues in the same way and we really cannot get off in Ecuador, then Im not how it can pan out. My wife would be out of quarantine at Chile, though I wouldn't be if I get the positive I'm really expecting 

It will be interesting when for the first IME since FLL people get a test how many will be straight in red zone clink. 184 are due to get off in Guayaquil....if the numbers are high, can a ship load be carried forward to destinations unknown? I suppose the answer is yes.... But I suspect it might make those embarking a little nervous!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, faucet said:

Official count now 15.

It'll be less now (until tomorrow's PCRs).... Vicki just made her first announcement.... I suspect the original 5 and 2 are now out on good behaviour..... So expect it's likely to be 8

I really think there will be a few worried people when the entire crew and passengers get tested..... I'm hoping they test the prisoners too.... And if negative are patrolled.

2 hours ago, faucet said:

Argentinian ports of call all cancelled. Gossip about the Moon via Silver Whisper.

Would be better to learn officially than via social media gossip. Their corporate offices favourite method.

"Via Silver Whisper" where?  Facebook, or is there a thread?

1 hour ago, sea bright said:

Captain just announced only 4 newly positive guests from pcr testing on the Moon yesterday. 9 total in quarantine, including 5 who had previously tested positive.

Silversea probably think that’s a result, however 9 out of a projected maybe 69 guests after tomorrow, that’s pretty close to an onboard pandemic.

There were 15 total before the PCR day.  Then some (e.g., entertainment crew) got out.  Now they add 4 more new + (unclear if pax or crew).  This is much better than Les had feared.

So 19 of all the pax (starting with around 220), and crew (I am not sure of the number), since sailing, tested positive on a 16-day cruise, though some of the original positives have since cleared.

No one is more than minimally sick.  

This is not bad objectively, but how countries/port authorities perceive it is what is important.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sea bright said:

Given the percent positive on the prior cruises on the Moon and Spirit and Les' experience/prognostications, I view 4/8 as win for this cruise and am very grateful we are not stuck in an Ecuador quarantine!

I completely agree. I was certain as were the staff, the figure would be high. Thank heavens it wasn't.

Strange that the 4 positive guests are all female and their close contact husband's all negative.

Are you on the cruise Sea bright (or just got off)?

2 hours ago, sea bright said:

We just got off. A great cruise in challenging times.

I agree. Until the test, we were having a great time, but that killed it for us. Very unfortunate and no one ever know the where's or how's that she caught it.

Have a safe journey home.

I've no idea why the moon has never appeared on the CDC list and suspect SS won't request it does!

At the pool deck right now for lunch. The waiters are queueing up to ask me if I want another drink. These guys are so great!

IMG_20220119_134037.thumb.jpg.00d7997bee8f2b534baacf2196e90a77.jpg

First new guests are on and at pool bar at 13.40.... pretty good IMHO

• Like 4

7 hours ago, les37b said:

Strange that the 4 positive guests are all female and their close contact husband's all negative.

This kind of a situation makes me question the accuracy of the testing that is being done.  If the virus is so easily transmitted from person to person....husbands are negative and their wives are positive?  This is illogical.  

On 1/19/2022 at 4:52 PM, rkacruiser said:

This kind of a situation makes me question the accuracy of the testing that is being done.  If the virus is so easily transmitted from person to person....husbands are negative and their wives are positive?  This is illogical.  

The odds are hugely stacked against this happening I completely agree. I personally have spoken with all the guests we are aware are there. The ladies of 2 of them, were joined by their husbands. The first we know was negative but didn't want to be separated. The other we know the husband is now also positive (as I suspect the other is now too.) So there are currently a minimum of 6 guests there now. The two ladies will be free to leave on day 1 and day 2 we arrive in Arica.

It's still a mystery that myself and the other husband are still negative and now clear of any incubation period (hopefully!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Testosterone works to kill the Covid virus?  

There are one, probably 2 husband's with it in there now. Announcements on the subject has dried up. I suspect we may get an update after the arrival in Arica and further PCRs by Chile. Fingers crossed it's good news all round including the prop problem.

Edited by les37b

On 1/19/2022 at 6:20 AM, les37b said:

On 1/19/2022 at 1:52 PM, rkacruiser said:

It is not possible to infer anything with any level of statistical significance based on such a small sample of (opposite sex, btw) couples.

Just to add another data point:  on the Seabourn Ovation last month, a couple I know was quarantined - the husband tested positive while the wife tested negative.

Edited by sfvoyage

17 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Testosterone works to kill the Covid virus?  

Medical literature shows it is actually *men* (at least pre-Omicron) who statistically were more likely to become Covid + after exposure, and more likely to do poorly with it than women (at least physically, though not necessarily mentally) , for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to lower vax rates and greater risk factors.