RCI boards not loading. Why?

13 hours ago, LauraS said:

Hello all,

We're going to look into this; I was able to recreate using Firefox browser, but have no issues when loading the RCCL forum with Chrome or Safari. 

Laura

I can sometimes get in using Edge on laptop but never with Chrome.

On iPad/iPhone never with Chrome or Firefox

19 hours ago, LauraS said:

Hello all,

We're going to look into this; I was able to recreate using Firefox browser, but have no issues when loading the RCCL forum with Chrome or Safari. 

Laura

Not sure if it helps but currently on Edge I can access page 2 but if I try and edit the 2 into a 1 I get the same blank page and error 500.

• 2 weeks later...

The previous led me to try Firefox.  The website works with Firefox, but not Chrome or Edge.  So this leads me to believe your developers are using a component not supported by Chrome or Edge.  Honestly not sure you care because this has been going on for months!!!!

2 hours ago, ToddMnIT said:

... Honestly not sure you care because this has been going on for months!!!!

Howdy! emo22.gif

Posting your message in this thread is not what needs to be done. Remember, since Cruise Critic Management does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day, the Management depend on you for help. Also, LauraS is not following this thread as I type this reply so she would not be aware.

Just a friendly emo34.gif reminder about any questions/comments/feedback concerning board management. Please note the following portions from the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..."

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com ..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback concerning board management to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified and any reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I guess I have been scolded.  Seriously searched a few months back and could not find where to send issues.  Would be nice if they had a support or contact us link like many sites.  I can not be the only one having issues figuring out how to report because there are multiple forum posts on this issue.  If you read above 'Laura S,  did say she would look into this, so it did get the attention of management.  But there was no follow up.  Maybe asking the community members above for configurations,  Browsers being used, did you clear cache, etc...   Also would be nice if hosts seeing issues would help by passing along issues community members report.

10 hours ago, little britain said:

What browser on iPhone are you using as doesn’t work here ( still) 

It should not matter what browser on an iPhone. I am using Safari but the others should work too. On an an iPhone all the browsers are using the same engine, WebKit. Chrome, Firefox, Safari are using WebKit.  Only the app designs are different. 

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

It should not matter what browser on an iPhone. I am using Safari but the others should work too. On an an iPhone all the browsers are using the same engine, WebKit. Chrome, Firefox, Safari are using WebKit.  Only the app designs are different. 

Would each browser not have its own data, cookie store, and possibly cache?

Ok this is extremely interesting.  I cleared by cache on Edge.  And the Royal Caribbean forum works.  As soon as I log into my account.  Then it stops working.  Repeated this action twice.  If I ever get a response to my email I sent the Cruise Critic staff I will fill them in.

I am wondering if it is something with older accounts, or the fact I did change my username and\or email once upon a time.

With that being said I can be logged into the forum, use Firefox (instead of Edge or Chrome) and it works just fine????

• Administrators
On 2/18/2022 at 11:22 PM, ToddMnIT said:

I guess I have been scolded.  Seriously searched a few months back and could not find where to send issues.  Would be nice if they had a support or contact us link like many sites.

Hi there!

The intention wasn't to scold but to inform, in a clear concise manner, some information that may be helpful to you.  Our Host Kat prides herself on her assistance here in the Help Forum, and we appreciate her volunteer efforts.  I'm sorry you felt that way about this.

With regard to posted information on how to contact us, if you look in the right column of every forum/topic you'll see -- under announcements -- a post entitled "How to Contact Us". 

Hope this helps,

Laura

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I click on Royal Caribbean it looks like it’s loading then it shows a blank page. I’ve tried quite a few times over the past couple of hours with no success. Every other cruise line loads very quickly but RC just won’t load. Is anyone else having this problem?

32 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

Every time I click on Royal Caribbean it looks like it’s loading then it shows a blank page. I’ve tried quite a few times over the past couple of hours with no success. Every other cruise line loads very quickly but RC just won’t load. Is anyone else having this problem?

Howdy @cruisinqt emo22.gif

Your new thread has been merged into an existing thread concerning the same topic.

Perhaps something in the following will help:

How to Clear Cookies for a Specific Site

How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser

Host Kat emo32.gif

• 3 weeks later...

@little britainIt is working everywhere for me now.  Make sure to look closely when clearing the browser.  Chrome had a time frame, like "Last Hour" or "All Time".  Make sure to select all time to clear everything.  And check all the boxes to clear all categories

I notice above you mentioned iphone.  I am not an iOS/iPhone/Safari user, but maybe installing chrome (or another browser) and trying that.

Just a few ideas hoping it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy @JFO23 emo22.gif

Your new thread titled Royal Caribbean Forum has been merged into the existing thread regarding your problem titled RCI boards not loading. Why? As you can see, you are not alone.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:04 AM, JFO23 said:

The RCCL forum board will not pull up on my ipad. All others do. Is anyone else having this prioblem?

T,he Royal Caribbean forum loads up fine on my iPad. 2018 iPad Pro.  I am using Safari and am on iPadOS 15.4.1. Posting that info in case it helps track down the issue. 

• 3 weeks later...