OBC and Cancellation

rg123

I had $100 credit for booking on my 2020 cruise for 2021. When I canceled that one it carried over to my Feb 2022 cruise, but not sure if will again if cancel. I would think and hope so.  My TA was giving $50, but said would not add to booking until closer to sailing

On 1/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, TheSweetPotatoQueen said:

What about redeemed RC Visa points?

I'm currently on hold with My Cruise Rewards to get my OBC we purchased with our RC Bank of America card transferred to our new booking.  Here’s  the number to call: 1888-305-4626.

When cruising was halted and we moved cruises under CWC, or RCL cancelled and we did a L&S, both the promotional OBB OBC and Visa OBC followed the booking number to our L&S cruises. On one L&S cruise, we had the opportunity to upgrade from a JS to a CLS for virtually no additional $$, and the OBB OBC actually increased from $100 to $300.

14 minutes ago, gracia98 said:

I'm currently on hold with My Cruise Rewards to get my OBC we purchased with our RC Bank of America card transferred to our new booking.  Here’s  the number to call: 1888-305-4626.

They will probably just add your points back to your account and have you go through the process in your next cruise. That’s what they did for us a few years back. Please keep us posted 

30 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

They will probably just add your points back to your account and have you go through the process in your next cruise. That’s what they did for us a few years back. Please keep us posted 

So he said the OBC will show up on my cruise planner 2 weeks before my scheduled cruise. Funny thing is that it never did that for my original cruise. So I asked about that and he said to call if it doesn’t show up.

I also had a $100 promotion OBC credit and my TA has to send them a copy of the invoice in order for them to transfer that. Which seems odd to me since I had it transferred myself from a 2020 cancelled cruise to a Dec 2021 cruise myself.

Update: the $100 OBC showed up on my cruise planner just now so I won’t need to call the TA!

Edited by gracia98

1 hour ago, gracia98 said:

Was this a cruise cancelled by you or Royal? We're debating redeeming points for OBC on an upcoming cruise, but with recent cancellations we're concerned. 

1 hour ago, Chrissit said:

Was this a cruise cancelled by you or Royal? We're debating redeeming points for OBC on an upcoming cruise, but with recent cancellations we're concerned. 

We decided to cancel using Cruise with Confidence.

On 1/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, gracia98 said:

I just called with this same issue.   Gave her the old and new booking #’s.    She said OBC would be transferred within two weeks.   Entire call was only 3 minutes…easy peasy.   

• Thanks 1