**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

2 hours ago, MalleyCat said:

I’m not sure where you are in Ohio, but I got telemed kits for free from the Cuyahoga County Library. 

I got some free from our local library in Columbus in Nov. They ran out during the Omicron surge. The kits they finally got in are only home tests, not the proctored, telemed kits. We used 3 Christmas Day and have 3 more for 3/26 Vista, which are only good because they added 3 additional months for a total of 6 month extension of the expiration date.

4 hours ago, Newbieflorida said:

I'm taking the emed test this Wednesday. Since you've done them already, do you know what hours I can log in and do the test? Is it 24 hours a day? I can't find this info anywhere on their website. Thanks!

A proctor is availabl2 24/7.  Depending on the time of day and demand, you may have to wait in a queue for a bit, but it's not bad at all.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

A proctor is availabl2 24/7.  Depending on the time of day and demand, you may have to wait in a queue for a bit, but it's not bad at all.

That’s so good to know.  I wouldn’t want to wait in a big queue like people are reporting for Carnival customer service, 3+ hours sometimes.  I have a flight to get to later in the day.

Anyone have the issue of feeling fine and testing 10 days before cruise (testing today but leaving next thursday) , just got back last night from Disney World feel fine but figured i'd go get a test done today. I'm so paranoid !! Tried to wear our masks when there were big crowds and we are boosted as well. 

On 2/15/2022 at 12:25 AM, moonjelly said:

We received our free government issued "ihealth" covid 19 rapid antigen test, "FDA emergency use approved tests" in the mail. Does anyone know if these are an approved test for Carnival's purposes? Thank you for any insights.

So I read on one of my facebook pages that most of the free government tests they sent out now offer telehealth visits with them. I didn't have the same brand as the OP, but I do have the ihealth brand too. And from simple google search, came across their website which offers telehealth testing for $20 per person. I'm currently trying to look into this as an option. It seems like the testing they sale on their website for the telehealth is the same as the one I got in the mail from the government. I think this is fairly new and not known widespread.  We have 4 boxes for 5 people and we sail in May. I don't know anything for certain, if this would be accepted, just saw this this morning and I'm trying to look into it

Screenshot_20220314-131346_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2022 at 4:46 PM, dmwood4 said:

Does Carnival accept self tests through Switch Health?  I am Canadian travelling to Miami for a cruise in February but can't seem to find on Carnival's website or other site if this brand of self test is acceptable for Carnival.  Please let me know if anyone has heard about Switch Health being accepted. Tx.

Hello, How did your using your SwitchHealth test go? I was also going to use them for an upcoming Carnival cruise out of Port Canaveral. But I read that they only accept 2 'self test' kit brands from the US. I would rather use Switch Health as I have used them many time coming back into Canada. But not for cruising. 

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone decipher the testing requirements for children? I have a 5, 3 and 6 month old and am interested in cruising in May. My understanding is, the 5 year old has 2 shots so he will require a PCR/Antigen 2 or 3 days prior. The 3 year old is obviously not vaccinated so she would need that test plus another one on embarkation. As for the 6 month old, she is entirely exempt from testing. Do I have it right?

2 hours ago, jolyroger said:

Anyone know if a Saliva test is excepted. My daughter who is cruising with me has to do this type of test monthly due to the University she is enrolled in. Was'nt sure if it was exceptable or not.

The only tests that are acceptable are stated at the top of the Carnival opening page.

Is there a fee for Covid Testing for Unvaccinated 2 year old on Carnival or Royal Caribbean? I read something about $150 for Carnival but wasn't sure if that applied just to unvaccinated adults or longer cruises. Ours is just a 5 night.

Edited by Mowglimommy6

On 3/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, firefly333 said:

I searched and found a CVS further away and driving to get the rapid test. Not the ones closest to me. I'm willing to drive to get the rapid test.

Firefly-we used CVS last fall to get tested. I don’t remember it saying “some types accepted for travel.” Is the CVS rapid result test sufficient for Carnival? I would much rather get results back faster than waiting up to 2 days!

BB81F113-5A89-4903-B79E-F09EC77ADE65.png

7 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

Firefly-we used CVS last fall to get tested. I don’t remember it saying “some types accepted for travel.” Is the CVS rapid result test sufficient for Carnival? I would much rather get results back faster than waiting up to 2 days!

BB81F113-5A89-4903-B79E-F09EC77ADE65.png

Yea it's always had that warning that not all travel accepts it. No worries. That's the one I'm doing again this friday. I check the box and it gives me the locations to drive to. 

I think for a while canadians had to do pcur test for instance. 

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yea it's always had that warning that not all travel accepts it. No worries. That's the one I'm doing again this friday. I check the box and it gives me the locations to drive to. 

I think for a while canadians had to do pcur test for instance. 

I can’t thank you enough for that lightening fast reply! I know you are an experienced cruiser and  appreciate the knowledge you share. I printed off the page for all of the Covid-19 tests that are acceptable for Carnival, but CVS’s  Rapid Result Test sounded too generic. I am thrilled to know that one will suffice for my cruise in 2 weeks. I am desperately hoping that by my next cruise in August, these tests won’t be mandated anymore. 🤞 

11 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I can’t thank you enough for that lightening fast reply! I know you are an experienced cruiser and  appreciate the knowledge you share. I printed off the page for all of the Covid-19 tests that are acceptable for Carnival, but CVS’s  Rapid Result Test sounded too generic. I am thrilled to know that one will suffice for my cruise in 2 weeks. I am desperately hoping that by my next cruise in August, these tests won’t be mandated anymore. 🤞 

Me too I've done the CVS rapid test last sept  last oct, last dec, last jan and next this friday. Same rapid test. Carnival let me on vista and b2b breeze with it.

When I've signed up for a testing appointment with CVS, I would be asked to enter my insurance information and also had a statement that the insurance company would cover the costs.  For my previous cruise testing, my insurance covered the cost.

I've looked at two different Walgreens locations using Walgreen's website.  One stated that the specific location required insurance information up front; when I selected another location and went through the process, it did not ask for insurance information.

I booked an appointment with the nearest Walgreens; it was the one that did not ask for insurance information.  I was asked if the test is for travel and responded "yes".  The appointment was set with no mention of insurance or costs.

Any idea if I will be charged or if I will need my insurance card and testing will be charged through my insurance carrier?

Was checking CVS rapid test in my area and they are not offering it anymore past tomorrow.I live in Ventura county in California.Was planning on using it for my cruise in May.Anyone else see it missing in their area?

54 minutes ago, day-day said:

When I've signed up for a testing appointment with CVS, I would be asked to enter my insurance information and also had a statement that the insurance company would cover the costs.  For my previous cruise testing, my insurance covered the cost.

I've looked at two different Walgreens locations using Walgreen's website.  One stated that the specific location required insurance information up front; when I selected another location and went through the process, it did not ask for insurance information.

I booked an appointment with the nearest Walgreens; it was the one that did not ask for insurance information.  I was asked if the test is for travel and responded "yes".  The appointment was set with no mention of insurance or costs.

Any idea if I will be charged or if I will need my insurance card and testing will be charged through my insurance carrier?

We have done Walgreens testing for four cruises to date and have never been charged, live in Florida and not certain if true of every State.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, dianef said:

Was checking CVS rapid test in my area and they are not offering it anymore past tomorrow.I live in Ventura county in California.Was planning on using it for my cruise in May.Anyone else see it missing in their area?

CVS and Walgreens are starting to spin down their testing programs as the Govt. is not subsidizing the tests 100% anymore.

Now that much of the cost is being dumped onto insurance companies, and they begin to start refusing to cover multiple tests for some people. (and to stop covering them for travel reasons, thus why that option on the CVS website disappeared weeks ago)

Expect tests to only be available at fewer and fewer locations.

They are still offering PCR tests that say 1-2 days results.Since I can test 3 days before wonder how reliable they are.Since I don’t cruise till May who knows if they will still be offered.