Questions related to all things Covid testing relating to Princess Cruises

Host CJSKIDS

14 minutes ago, nini said:

Unfortunately, the USA is the ONLY country that requires testing before flying home. However, if you re-enter by vehicle, ship or illegally through a border, then no testing is required. I guess covid only knows how to re-enter our country.

We were on the same cruise and I think most of the stress is caused by US Govt requirements. Yes it was a little stressful ensuring we were negative before the cruise (and because we left Australia early, we had to find somewhere in Southampton to do the test if we wanted to avoid the test at the pier) but it was strange to see Brits and Aussies without a care when it came to returning or flying home. We don't need a test to fly home and we flew back last night after 9 days in London after the cruise. In London you wouldn't have known that the virus exists and we didn't need to worry about returning home positive or negative. It was obvious that some people on the cruise, particularly towards the end, were not wanting to risk it, and understandably so if quarantining was a possibility.

Unfortunately most stress is now down to your Government regulations which seem to be out of step with the way the world is going.

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

Unfortunately most stress is now down to your Government regulations which seem to be out of step with the way the world is going.

Flew home from Vancouver to the US a few weeks ago post cruise. Testing was stressful and challenging to complete on the ship. I tend to agree, what is the logic that I need to test negative to make a short hop from Vancouver to Seattle (for example) but I could fly from Seattle to New York with no testing required? Or for that matter I could take a bus or drive a car from Vancouver to Seattle.  According to reports that is exactly what Princess did recently, bus a bunch of Covid+ passengers (from Royal, I believe) from Vancouver to Seattle.  

I know this question has been asked, but I can’t find the post. What does “within 3 days “ mean? If I test Friday California time at 4:00, it’s actually Saturday in London. I sail on Tuesday. Is that within 3 days?  

3 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

How do you book a covid pre embarkation  test at Southampton port with Princess cruises, can’t find any booking info on the website and would like to confirm a booking before I drive 6 hours to the port.

You cannot book a test with Princess. I suggest you test 2-3 days before driving to the port.

2 hours ago, Saukkey1 said:

I know this question has been asked, but I can’t find the post. What does “within 3 days “ mean? If I test Friday California time at 4:00, it’s actually Saturday in London. I sail on Tuesday. Is that within 3 days?  

No, 3 days would be boarding on Monday. You would test on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, nini said:

No, 3 days would be boarding on Monday. You would test on Saturday.

Not sure how time difference affects this but from what I have read, you do not count Sail Day. So if time difference makes test Saturday local time, then that should be OK. Don't' take my word for it!

3 hours ago, Saukkey1 said:

Personally, I'd rather have a piece of paper that says the test was administered on Saturday rather than get into a discussion with Princess about the application of time zones.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:01 PM, stevenr597 said:

In my area, Orlando, Florida, Walgreen's is only offering in select locations the PCR or the NAAT test.  The latter has results back within several hours. 

Is the NAAT antigen?

31 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

On Sky Princess in April we had to book our own tests. We had ours done at Lloyds Pharmacy which is in a Sainburys near us.

But they are offering the pre embarkation testing at the dockside still. The below was taken from the site a few minutes ago which was updated on the 1/6/22 or 6/1/22 for our US cousins. 
DE00DEB1-CDC6-4977-BE9A-41A09E7396E0.jpeg.c0454b39745f0ace728e402bb873b506.jpeg

On 5/30/2022 at 8:34 PM, travelbuds said:

Talked with Princess today. Said our voyage was exempt from new ruling. He was pretty tight lipped about it when I asked for explanation. Impression I got, maybe right or  wrong, was that June sailings would not be involved with those tests. Anyone out there that has a June sailing that is being tested prior to AK land cruise?

We're starting our land cruise tour in Anchorage on June 25 and have just been notified that we need a test within 2 days of the beginning of the land tour.  We had already planned to come in a day early - so, we are having to get an antigen test the morning before we leave for the airport.  From what we can figure, it will be almost exactly 48 hours from our test to leaving on the coach to McKinley on the 26th.  The big question is: when does the land cruise actually begin?  When we arrive at the hotel the night before (listed on our itinerary) or when we board the first coach to the first stop on the land tour?  I don't think Princess has thought through this.  Add to that the fact that this is the first year to use the Medallion app.  😞

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Not sure how time difference affects this but from what I have read, you do not count Sail Day. So if time difference makes test Saturday local time, then that should be OK. Don't' take my word for it!

Actually sail day is counted . There used to be an example on the Princess website and they stated: If yo sail on a Monday, then 3 days ahead would be on Friday.

Sailing from Southampton UK in July, I don’t find the wording very clear on the FAQ of the Princess website - does the test HAVE to be medically observed? It talks about “we recommend a medically observed…”

My daughter who is travelling with us is disabled and gets extremely anxious if she has to do a test in front of someone or with someone on a video call. 

Anyone know the answer? I’ve tried calling Princess but can’t get through. 

45 minutes ago, nini said:

The question I answered is that no reservation or appointment can be made WITH PRINCESS!

I get your point now but that’s because you don’t have to book in advance. They’ll also provide testing for those whose results of prior testing have not arrived yet.