How many passengers were on your MSC Cruise?

Explorer525

I was wondering, especially in January 2022 how many passengers are onboard these MSC ships.  In October on our Meragavlia cruise, we only had 864 out of probably 5,000 full ship.  So less than 20%.  I suspect we will see similar numbers in January.  Lower numbers makes it much safer, and no lines for anything.  I heard that Carnival recently cruise at 80% which is insane with Covid not eradicated.  No wonder they had some of the biggest outbreaks.  MSC seems to have better safety protocols and not run near full capacity in these trying times.  I feel comfortable cruising with MSC in January because of the lower numbers of people onboard (cancellations, and people cancelling because of positive test).

Pretty sure our November 14, 2021 cruise on Divina had the smallest number of passengers since the restart at 490.
It was like having the ship to ourselves. 

Once in a lifetime experience for us for sure. 

Should be on Seashore right now but we postponed.

Just wasn’t worth the risk to us of maybe having to quarantine/isolate if we contact traced with a positive case on board. 
We’ll see how things are in the Spring and maybe book a last minute cruise. 

1817 is not full capacity by far, but not tiny.  I agree, I think we will see far fewer on the January cruises. That should make social distancing much easier and chances of a big breakout....nil.  I think this may be a safer time to cruise due to so few people onboard.  The Jan 8th seashore just took off.  Wonder how many onboard....

Going on a cruise ship with so few onboard is a once in a lifetime opportunity...iiterally, unless we get another pandemic.  Just wear a KN95 on your airplane.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The CD made a comment that we'd have the lowest number on any past or future Seashore cruise.  Not sure how that will pan out, but he made a big deal over it.

Seashore 1/8/2022 has only 626 guests(this from an Officer).

I think that may be a record?

• Like 2

I sailed on the Divina Dec 2nd. There were only between 800-900 passengers. Ship felt empty compared to my other sailings. I was extremely impressed with the precautions MSC has put in place to control the spread of Covid on their ships! Looking forward to my next sailing on the Meraviglia next week!

Thanks… That is really valuable info.   That is about 15% of maximum capacity. Much safer.  626 on the Seashore 1/8/2021.  I guess you had a test at port. Was embarkation difficult?  Are they fogging the hallways and room with disinfectant?  I heard that on the Divina board. Please keep us updated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Explorer525 said:

Thanks… That is really valuable info.   That is about 15% of maximum capacity. Much safer.  626 on the Seashore 1/8/2021.  I guess you had a test at port. Was embarkation difficult? 

Wow, I would have thought that last January 2021 there would have been zero😁.

On Meraviglia right now......

From YC manager 473 on board and 43 in YC. 

This ship is empty

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

This ship is empty

How much longer can MSC continue to sail with those numbers, they have to be making a loss now.

8 hours ago, Explorer525 said:

Thanks… That is really valuable info.   That is about 15% of maximum capacity. Much safer.  626 on the Seashore 1/8/2021.  I guess you had a test at port. Was embarkation difficult?  Are they fogging the hallways and room with disinfectant?  I heard that on the Divina board. Please keep us updated.

They were fogging hallways on Divinia back in September.

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

This ship is empty

Yes, please let us know how long it took you to board, if they delayed the boarding for extra cleaning, etc.  Thank you very much!

boarding Seashore on Saturday was extremely efficient.  No waiting at all; needless to say no lines with only 626 passengers!

Entered the terminal, showed id, and was sent to the right for immediate testing. They had about 8 booths set up for testing.  Quick swab, then on through the scanners, up to second floor to wait in a numbered section for test results which were ready before even seated.  On to quick registration, then on to the ship.

Most remarkable:  they did not even look at the "pre-test" results from our CVS testing.

We are on day 3 of the cruise and as yet no further testing required.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

boarding Seashore on Saturday was extremely efficient.  No waiting at all; needless to say no lines with only 626 passengers!

Entered the terminal, showed id, and was sent to the right for immediate testing. They had about 8 booths set up for testing.  Quick swab, then on through the scanners, up to second floor to wait in a numbered section for test results which were ready before even seated.  On to quick registration, then on to the ship.

Most remarkable:  they did not even look at the "pre-test" results from our CVS testing.

We are on day 3 of the cruise and as yet no further testing required.

Wow, only 626 passengers on a ship the size of the Seashore? It must feel like a ghost town! We're on it in a little under 2 weeks and I suspect we'll have similar numbers.

12 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Wow, only 626 passengers on a ship the size of the Seashore? It must feel like a ghost town! We're on it in a little under 2 weeks and I suspect we'll have similar numbers.

This morning we walked from Brooklyn Lounge (Seaview Lounge on Seaside) to aft elevators to go to breakfast (deck 18) and only saw crew members the entire way - until inside the Marketplace. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Explorer525 said:

1817 is not full capacity by far, but not tiny.  I agree, I think we will see far fewer on the January cruises. That should make social distancing much easier and chances of a big breakout....nil.  I think this may be a safer time to cruise due to so few people onboard.  The Jan 8th seashore just took off.  Wonder how many onboard....

Going on a cruise ship with so few onboard is a once in a lifetime opportunity...iiterally, unless we get another pandemic.  Just wear a KN95 on your airplane.

It was a perfect amount for the circumstances.  No crowds, but lively enough to feel pretty normal.  It never seemed like a "ghost town" as others have reported.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Explorer525 said:

Seashore was not in service 1/8/2021.