February Regatta cruises cancelled

maadimom

1 hour ago, JenniferLY said:

Thanks FF; so does that mean if you paid cash/card on original Feb 2022 sailing, rebooked it to March 2022, and that one gets cancelled too, you get a full refund? 

You didn’t identify how you rebooked. If you just transferred the cruise(s) (no FCC’s taken and then applied to a next cruise) with O’s OK, you can get whatever of the O option(s) are offered. But, once an FCC is taken by you, it cannot be changed onto cash.

Your TA should be able to explain this.

1 hour ago, JenniferLY said:

Does anyone know what happens if you rebook to the March 2022 sailing and it gets cancelled too?  Do you get full refund or FCC? 

I would check with your TA  or Oceania Australia office  as rules may be different in other Countries

JMO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JenniferLY said:

Does anyone know what happens if you rebook to the March 2022 sailing and it gets cancelled too?  Do you get full refund or FCC? 

I highly doubt they will accept a rebooking to March 2022.  There was a lot of availability on those cruises but as of last week they are all waitlisted. Not a good sign. You should call your TA or Oceania to find out for sure.

I'm on a Regatta cruise in March 2022 and I'm expecting it to be cancelled. 

Thanks all; I'll call Oceania today; booked cash for Feb 2022; and email said can transfer sailing for March 7 or March 25 2022 at rate originally booked.  Could also rebook for 2023.  Or if want to cancel Tahiti cruise get full refund or FCC (method of original payment).  We shall see what happens...

25 minutes ago, TreasureB said:

Where is a regatta now. If it isn’t on its way to FP soon, how is it going to do any cruises in March, 2022 and then return to LA in April.

Regatta is anchored off LA at present. 

A good first look at how things may go will be to see what happens with Insignia, which is on the way to Hawaii; in theory followed by FP and Bali and on around the world.   

19 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I highly doubt they will accept a rebooking to March 2022.  There was a lot of availability on those cruises but as of last week they are all waitlisted. Not a good sign. You should call your TA or Oceania to find out for sure.

I'm on a Regatta cruise in March 2022 and I'm expecting it to be cancelled. 

They are waitlisted so that the cancelled cruisers have the opportunity to book what is left.  Just as the Caribbean cruises for Marina (increased capacity) are not yet available until they get the Sirena pax situated.

12 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

Regatta is anchored off LA at present. 

I think the key word here is anchored. To accomplish the first scheduled sailing in early March, I would expect to see it docked soon. I don't know the procedure for getting a ship ready for passengers after being idle for almost 2 years, but it seems like it could take awhile and would be easier to do it from a docked position. Then it has to sail 4000 miles to its first embarkation point.  

I'm speculating of course so maybe someone could shed some light on the process of getting the ship ready.

JMO

2 hours ago, TreasureB said:

It just seems that to bring Regatta over to French Polynesia at the beginning of March and to do a couple of Papeete to Papeete cruises and then return to Los Angeles the beginning of April doesn’t make sense

Very likely that Regatta will not be sent to Papeete for only a month. You won't know for sure until the last minute. if you see regatta start moving and know where she is going, that will give yo man idea of March Tahiti cruises happening or not. The web site cruise mapper is your friend.

I’m not kidding if that’s what you think!  They originally were to be on the Paul Gauguin but for some reason they lost their spot. So between the two Tahiti cruises in March that’s where they are.  Advertised as no masks, multiple “play” areas, etc. I don’t know how Oceania can let this go on with the guidelines set forth. Maybe because it’s a charter? I still would think they would have to follow the rules. I can’t help but wonder how the islands that they are stopping at, which is the same itinerary as the others, would go along with these non existent protocols.  There definitely won’t be any social distancing on this cruise.