Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

5 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

It’s certainly true - just received mine.
I’m amazed they’re ‘pleased to announce’ the cancellation of our much longed for holiday. I’m not at all pleased. Their customer relations protocol is truly abysmal. 

Exactly.  I believe you - my husband said 'oh that can't be true' - I"m like NO - TRUST ME IT IS TRUE.

We had such a unique itinerary - just Spain/Portugal ports.  Anyone know quickly if there's another thing like it on the market?

5 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Exactly.  I believe you - my husband said 'oh that can't be true' - I"m like NO - TRUST ME IT IS TRUE.

We had such a unique itinerary - just Spain/Portugal ports.  Anyone know quickly if there's another thing like it on the market?

Check Holland America.  They have some very nice European Itineraries.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cat4158 said:

It’s certainly true - just received mine.
I’m amazed they’re ‘pleased to announce’ the cancellation of our much longed for holiday. I’m not at all pleased. Their customer relations protocol is truly abysmal. 

Maybe they are pleased for all the people that will now get to sail on Infinity in the Caribbean? Or for the people that get Edge for Infinity prices. I understand the disappointment but taking it this personal is a little over the top. 

The email I have is showing we can lift and shift to specified 2022 sailings

on Edge,Constellation and Reflection,in my opinion all good ships.

we have until 3rd February to rebook.

This is such a disappointment for us all.

Good Luck Everyone

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Maybe they are pleased for all the people that will now get to sail on Infinity in the Caribbean? Or for the people that get Edge for Infinity prices. I understand the disappointment but taking it this personal is a little over the top. 

I'm taking it personally.  I was learning how to conjugate Spanish verbs and how a C is a TH for this trip - LOL.  It does suck though because it was our 20th anniversary cruise.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

We have a Regent cruise planned June 6. Barcelona to Bilbao. We are B2B Bilbao to London.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chromered7 said:

You can only lift and shift on a few Celebrity ships, or have your cash back and try someone else. 

Right, I was just asking if any other cruise lines had a similar itinerary for Spain/Portugal.  Edge for Infinity prices though you say?  Maybe that's not a bad thing?  Unless it's an interior for my primo large ocean view...

16 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I understand the disappointment but taking it this personal is a little over the top. 

Perhaps it's just disappointment (ongoing) with the quality control issues in X's external shoreside communications.

9 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Right, I was just asking if any other cruise lines had a similar itinerary for Spain/Portugal.  Edge for Infinity prices though you say?  Maybe that's not a bad thing?  Unless it's an interior for my primo large ocean view...

If you Lift and Shift you get the same category with the same perks as the original booking even if it's a longer cruise.  We are Lifting and Shifting our 8 night Infinity Venice to Rome cruise to a 10 night Reflection Rome to Rome.  Same Aqua category, same price. There were 3 choices for our cruise.  A 7 night Edge cruise, 8 night Connie cruise or the 10 night Reflection cruise. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The wording is abysmal. ‘They are  pleased to announce’? in what universe would any company be pleased to announce they have cancelled a long awaited vacation, and losing us two lots of air fair to boot. This is not taking it personally, but the customer communication  section  really needs serious attention if this is the best way to announce the cancellation of a vacation. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Not taking it ‘personal’. I’m disappointed because the itinerary was different to many other cruise routes - and they could have phrased the cancellation letter in a much more considerate way. I’m not at all excited about the Edge for Infinity prices as the ports are more important to me than the ship. And I’ll lose two lots of air fare too! 

Edited by Cat4158
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

If you Lift and Shift you get the same category with the same perks as the original booking even if it's a longer cruise.  We are Lifting and Shifting our 8 night Infinity Venice to Rome cruise to a 10 night Reflection Rome to Rome.  Same Aqua category, same price. There were 3 choices for our cruise.  A 7 night Edge cruise, 8 night Connie cruise or the 10 night Reflection cruise. 

So I just called but I didn't do this through a travel agent and have what I guess is a lowly "ocean view" cabin, and this is our first X cruise.  They said I'd have to call back tomorrow to get the available options.  Would you mind telling me which cruises these actually are please?  That would help a lot so we can have our ducks in a row for tomorrow.  

I'm taking it personal.  I'm personally delighted!! We moved our TA in November, that was at a great price to a TA on the edge.  Granted it no longer connects to our December Rio-to Buenos Aires Infinity cruise, but still I feel it's  pretty sweet deal.

Harris

Denver, CO

7 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

So I just called but I didn't do this through a travel agent and have what I guess is a lowly "ocean view" cabin, and this is our first X cruise.  They said I'd have to call back tomorrow to get the available options.  Would you mind telling me which cruises these actually are please?  That would help a lot so we can have our ducks in a row for tomorrow.  

Each cruise has a few specific options.  I don't have the spreadsheet yet. The reps only just got it about 15 minutes before I called. They may post the options tomorrow on the agent site.  It's not there yet.  I would look at Edge, Constellation and Reflection cruises around your dates.  It sounds like you had a unique itinerary early in the season. Maybe they can move you to the May 3, 13 night Constellation cruise out of Barcelona.  You would lose the Portugal stops but gain some nice ports further East. We will probably know more tomorrow.  

Edited by FFMilesJunkie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is so disappointing. We were hoping to take the June 11 Croatia-Montenegro-Greece cruise but were waiting to book until we got confirmation she was sailing this year. The itineraries that are gone were so unique and hard to replace. I guess there's more demand for the Western Med but just seems like such a shame to have three ships cruising there and basically nothing in Croatia and Montenegro.

3 minutes ago, ahm081212 said:

This is so disappointing. We were hoping to take the June 11 Croatia-Montenegro-Greece cruise but were waiting to book until we got confirmation she was sailing this year. The itineraries that are gone were so unique and hard to replace. I guess there's more demand for the Western Med but just seems like such a shame to have three ships cruising there and basically nothing in Croatia and Montenegro.

That's exactly why we chose it.  We wanted that Dalmatian coast emphasis that none of the other ships have. They all do a couple ports but not as intensive as the Infinity was doing.  

14 minutes ago, FFMilesJunkie said:

Each cruise has a few specific options.  I don't have the spreadsheet yet. The reps only just got it about 15 minutes before I called. They may post the options tomorrow on the agent site.  It's not there yet.  I would look at Edge, Constellation and Reflection cruises around your dates.  It sounds like you had a unique itinerary early in the season. Maybe they can move you to the May 3, 13 night Constellation cruise out of Barcelona.  You would lose the Portugal stops but gain some nice ports further East. We will probably know more tomorrow.  

Ah, thank you.  I was thinking it would be the same cruise options for everyone but obviously that doesn't make any sense.  Our sailing was actually the Oct 31st... Lisbon to Barcelona.  Will be calling tomorrow and will report back!  Thanks again.

Edited by WorkerBee74

30 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Check the link in post 264 to the other thread.

From now through February 3, your clients have the option to Lift and Shift their existing cruise vacation plans in the Mediterranean to a specified 2022 Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Constellation or Celebrity Reflection sailing. Guests booked onCelebrity Infinity for the Transatlantic sailing may only Lift and Shift to another offered Transatlantic voyage. Please contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or 1-316-554-5961 worldwide for alternate sailing options and we’ll shift the reservation at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking.

I would take 'specified' to mean that they'll let someone know when they call.  When someone DOES call, if you have a moment, please let the rest know the ship/itinerary options that were made available to you.

With that February 3 date, I wouldn't waste any time making the call.  They're not offering a lot of opportunity for decision making.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

From now through February 3, your clients have the option to Lift and Shift their existing cruise vacation plans in the Mediterranean to a specified 2022 Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Constellation or Celebrity Reflection sailing. Guests booked onCelebrity Infinity for the Transatlantic sailing may only Lift and Shift to another offered Transatlantic voyage. Please contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or 1-316-554-5961 worldwide for alternate sailing options and we’ll shift the reservation at the same rate including any promotion currently on the booking.

I would take 'specified' to mean that they'll let someone know when they call.  When someone DOES call, if you have a moment, please let the rest know the ship/itinerary options that were made available to you.

With that February 3 date, I wouldn't waste any time making the call.  They're not offering a lot of opportunity for decision making.

I am confused, I looked at the "Lift and Shift" blog on CC and it indicated that Lift and Shift is no more and Celebrity only offers a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Did anyone get a letter from Celebrity that indicated they could Lift and Shift?

We are currently booked on the July 16,2022 cruise Venice to Venice and the booking still shows when I login to the Celebrity site. 

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

I did call actually and they told me the options for my particular sailing would be available tomorrow.  My sailing isn't until October 31 so maybe they are prioritizing the people sailing in May.  I will post back when I talk to them tomorrow though.

1 minute ago, p18750 said:

I am confused, I looked at the "Lift and Shift" blog on CC and it indicated that Lift and Shift is no more and Celebrity only offers a Future Cruise Credit (FCC). Did anyone get a letter from Celebrity that indicated they could Lift and Shift?

We are currently booked on the July 16,2022 cruise Venice to Venice and the booking still shows when I login to the Celebrity site. 

What you see above is what was sent to agencies for bookings on this cruise.

They have instituted a Lift and Shift for this situation only.  It's not a fleet-wide deal this time.  None of the previous L&S information applies here.

Edited by canderson
clarity