Sky Princess, Cielo or Estrella dining room, which is better?

tabprincess

Looking for any input from anyone who has been on Sky as to which dining room you prefer and why. Thank you so much! I usually like the one that has th e fancy dining area at the center with the crystal curtains. Can t remember the name of the dinner you can get there.

I'm not sure which is "better" but we were assigned the Cielo dining room and it had the Chef's Table  with the crystal curtains.  It was fun to watch when they had a Chef's Table dinner.   It is aft on deck 6.  You can only access it by the aft elevators on deck 7.

Edited by Coffeeluvr05
  • Like 1

They are the same; ate in both.  Wherever we could get a private table when we wanted it.  Service good in both.  Cielo is the one that is hard to get to!  Only aft elevators reach it.  To be honest we never had a line at either in December. 

• 2 years later...

Hi - struggling to find a definitive answer to this for sky princess - new to princess but not to cruising.

Have read above replies but still don’t get it.

Tried YouTube videos and most just mention “main dining room” without being specific about which one they are showing.

Is there any difference in decor , layout or food or ambience between these 3 restaurants 

i.e Soleil, Cielo and Estrella  - besides location - what Is the difference.

are the menus different ?

Is the seating and layout different ?

Is the ambience different ? 
Are some busier than others etc

Be very grateful for any advice.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Almost no difference in my experience. The food and menu are identical. Service may differ slightly but no more than between servers in the same restaurant. Decor almost identical. Cielo may be a little less popular due to less easy access.

Cielo all day long for us! We made a compliant about the service in the Soliel restaurant once and the Maitre D’hotel found us a table in the Cielo with a quip about how much better the service was in there 🤷‍♂️ We certainly could not fault it and we had a cracking sea view too 👏

• Thanks 1

I have to give a shout out to Soleil and our experience in that dining room last September. We had a private two top toward the back and reserved it for the full two weeks. Our wait team was amazing and the Maitre D’ stopped by our table virtually every night without fail to check on us and several times brought us special dishes not on the menu. One of the best dining experiences of all our Princess cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Snaxmuppet
6 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

Soleil because I like to grab a glass of wine at Vine's to bring with me....then I'm less likely to spill any on the way!

I can't do that... my glass is usually empty by the time I get to sit down 😁

The food is the same, service and ambience is theoretically the same, but will obviously depend on the teams working and your fellow dinners.
We tend to favour Cielo, the isolated one on deck 6, purely because we usually book aft rooms, and partake in the loyalty lounge which is the floor above. 

Soleil is convenient for Vines pre dinner drinks, I have found people have a tendency to head for Estrella, often queues here when not at the others.

Estrella is also the restaurant that hosts lunch on sea days and Embarkation. As it has the Reserve Collection seating area. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

The food is the same, service and ambience is theoretically the same, but will obviously depend on the teams working and your fellow dinners.
We tend to favour Cielo, the isolated one on deck 6, purely because we usually book aft rooms, and partake in the loyalty lounge which is the floor above. 

Soleil is convenient for Vines pre dinner drinks, I have found people have a tendency to head for Estrella, often queues here when not at the others.

Estrella is also the restaurant that hosts lunch on sea days and Embarkation. As it has the Reserve Collection seating area. 

Thank you 

Cielo would be our first choice too (although I’d be perfectly happy with either of the others). We usually stop for a pre-dinner drink at the Crown Grill bar and when finished I get my glass of wine to take down the aft staircase with me. Have never had to queue for a table (for context we sail in Europe and eat at 7:30) and have always been able to get a 2-top without feeling overcrowded by the tables around us. Usually do 3-4 courses and can be in and out in less than 90 mins. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Martha1974 said:

Cielo would be our first choice too (although I’d be perfectly happy with either of the others). We usually stop for a pre-dinner drink at the Crown Grill bar and when finished I get my glass of wine to take down the aft staircase with me. Have never had to queue for a table (for context we sail in Europe and eat at 7:30) and have always been able to get a 2-top without feeling overcrowded by the tables around us. Usually do 3-4 courses and can be in and out in less than 90 mins. 

Thanks Martha -

I’ve booked for 7:30 at soleil day 1,3,4 and cielo for day 2 and 5.

We are going to Norway 5 nights May 19 from Southampton - we live in London UK.

I couldn’t get a decent time at estrella - only early like 6:30 or later from 8:50 - but understand things will change nearer the date or onboard - but will probably go to estella  for breakfast and check it out.

I realise I am being a bit OCD about all this - but that’s just me !!! 

As it’s a short cruise I don’t want to make too many mistakes and dinner is important to us -as are pre-dinner drinks so I really appreciate all this feedback.

We normally do p&o Aurora or Arcadia adults only - but princess looks like a higher quality product all round hence giving it a go !

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 1